Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2007 Ratings Trend: NBC; month by month trend for each demo
Topic Started: Oct 17 2007, 09:35 PM (841 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Days of our Lives

Viewers
Jan: 3,428,000
Feb: 3,114,000 (-314,000)
Mar: 2,818,000 (-296,000)
Apr: 2,592,000 (-226,000)
May: 2,623,000 (+31,000)
Jun: 2,696,000 (+73,000)
July: 2,624,000 (-72,000)
Aug: 2,662,000 (+38,000)
Sep: 2,439,000 (-223,000)

Households
Jan: 2.6/8
Feb: 2.4/8
Mar: 2.2/8
Apr: 2.0/7
May: 2.1/8
Jun: 2.2/7
July: 2.0/7
Aug: 2.1/7
Sep: 1.9/7

Women 18-49
Jan: 1.8/10
Feb: 1.5/9
Mar: 1.4/9
Apr: 1.3/9
May: 1.4/9
Jun: 1.4/9
July: 1.4/9
Aug: 1.4/9
Sep: 1.3/8

Women 18-34
Jan: 1.7/11
Feb: 1.4/8
Mar: 1.2/8
Apr: 1.2/8
May: 1.4/9
Jun: 1.4/9
July: 1.3/9
Aug: 1.3/9
Sep: 1.1/7

Passions

Viewers

Jan: 2,128,000
Feb: 1,940,000 (-188,000)
Mar: 1,767,000 (-173,000)
Apr: 1,702,000 (-65,000)
May: 1,762,000 (+60,000)
Jun: 1,832,000 (+70,000)
July: 1,779,000 (-53,000)
Aug: 1,802,000 (+23,000)

Households
Jan: 1.6/5
Feb: 1.5/5
Mar: 1.4/5
Apr: 1.4/5
May: 1.5/5
Jun: 1.5/5
July: 1.3/4
Aug: 1.4/5

Women 18-49
Jan: 1.4/8
Feb: 1.2/7
Mar: 1.0/7
Apr: 1.0/7
May: 1.1/7
Jun: 1.0/7
July: 1.1/7
Aug: 1.1/7

Women 18-34
Jan: 1.6/9
Feb: 1.3/8
Mar: 1.2/8
Apr: 1.1/7
May: 1.2/8
Jun: 1.2/8
July: 1.1/7
Aug: 1.1/7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hypnotoad

Days of our Lives

Households
Jan: 2.6/8
Feb: 2.4/8
Mar: 2.2/8
Apr: 2.0/7
May: 2.1/8
Jun: 2.2/7
July: 2.0/7
Aug: 2.1/7
Sep: 1.9/7
Oct: 4.8

if only quality and ratings were the same thing.

Mason
Member Avatar

Uncle Jonny
Oct 17 2007, 09:41 PM
if only quality and ratings were the same thing.

Big word to that!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

A million viewers lost in ten months? :o

King
Member Avatar

:puke:

Thanks, Rick. Love your ratings posts.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

IMissAremid
Oct 17 2007, 10:47 PM
A million viewers lost in ten months? :o

-1,088,000 million compared to the first week of October :(

I have been very hard on DAYS for months, but it's good again and the ratings really need to start moving up.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Yeah it sucks. I try not to pay attention to these things these days, but it's hard not to. That's alot of viewers lost.

Mason
Member Avatar

Eh, it's their loss too. They don't know what they're missing!

jcar03
Member Avatar

They started losing viewers when Snooze Fest 2007 started back at the beginning of the year. I can't entirely blame people for tuning out but I want to know where they are now. One thing DAYS seems to go good at is creating buzz and making it the talk about show they could inch the show back up but it might be to late :'(

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Something has pigued my curiousity: what about this bump DAYS had in August?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

jcar03
Oct 17 2007, 11:46 PM
They started losing viewers when Snooze Fest 2007 started back at the beginning of the year. I can't entirely blame people for tuning out but I want to know where they are now. One thing DAYS seems to go good at is creating buzz and making it the talk about show they could inch the show back up but it might be to late :'(

I don't think they trust the show anymore.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 17 2007, 10:09 PM

Well since this all feels like a deja vu from the time when ratings went south what with John getting hurt and disappearing from our screens and with Sami being forced to do something with EJ causing problems for her relationship with Lucas I think anyone who was watching last winter but tuned out has a pretty good idea what they are missing since it already happened. :lol:

Hypnotoad

IMissAremid
Oct 17 2007, 11:50 PM
Mason AKA Hogan

Well since this all feels like a deja vu from the time when ratings went south what with John getting hurt and disappearing from our screens and with Sami being forced to do something with EJ causing problems for her relationship with Lucas I think anyone who was watching last winter but tuned out has a pretty good idea what they are missing since it already happened. :lol:

^^ You're right to identify the parallels. However, there are some major differences between now and then. The largest being that the stakes are actually important today. Back then, it was just plot plot plot and now it is emotionally-charged, compelling story being told. Second, the supporting cast of characters is on their game, unlike back then when everyone was on auto-pilot. Third, production values have improved to the point where it seems like we're watching cinema when back then an episode of Mighty Morph'n Power Rangers had better production quality.

To say the show is the same is crazy-talk. The show is taking risks and rising to the challenges that its faced with (elimination from all existence). And if nothing else, they are producing the best acted, writen, directed, plotted, and fundamentally compelling version of Days of our Lives in well over 20 years, maybe ever.

Mason
Member Avatar

Uncle Jonny
Oct 18 2007, 12:02 PM
^^ You're right to identify the parallels. However, there are some major differences between now and then. The largest being that the stakes are actually important today. Back then, it was just plot plot plot and now it is emotionally-charged, compelling story being told. Second, the supporting cast of characters is on their game, unlike back then when everyone was on auto-pilot. Third, production values have improved to the point where it seems like we're watching cinema when back then an episode of Mighty Morph'n Power Rangers had better production quality.

To say the show is the same is crazy-talk. The show is taking risks and rising to the challenges that its faced with (elimination from all existence). And if nothing else, they are producing the best acted, writen, directed, plotted, and fundamentally compelling version of Days of our Lives in well over 20 years, maybe ever.

Bravo! Wonderful post! :clap:

Ridge
Member Avatar

Uncle Jonny
IMissAremid
Mason AKA Hogan

There is nothing fundamentally compelling about DAYS right now. In fact everything done is simply PLOT plot PLOT. If this show was trying to deliver emotional drama then the stupid vendetta would not revolve around 3 characters. Everything that happens with the show would not occur just to put Sami and EJ together. EJ would have nothing to do with John's funeral. The episodes revolving John's death would dedicated only (J U S T O N C E) around the veteran cast ONLY and not include any of the dumb fucking young cast that has taken over this fucking show. Other soaps can do it. Apparently DAYS-- with its shit in the toilet ratings can not.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ridge
Oct 20 2007, 11:58 AM
Uncle Jonny
IMissAremid
Mason AKA Hogan

There is nothing fundamentally compelling about DAYS right now. In fact everything done is simply PLOT plot PLOT. If this show was trying to deliver emotional drama then the stupid vendetta would not revolve around 3 characters. Everything that happens with the show would not occur just to put Sami and EJ together. EJ would have nothing to do with John's funeral. The episodes revolving John's death would dedicated only (J U S T O N C E) around the veteran cast ONLY and not include any of the dumb fucking young cast that has taken over this fucking show. Other soaps can do it. Apparently DAYS-- with its shit in the toilet ratings can not.

Did you even watch?!

Seriously, because nothing of what you said even happened during John's funeral.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 20 2007, 12:32 PM
Ridge
Uncle Jonny
IMissAremid
Mason AKA Hogan

Did you even watch?!

Seriously, because nothing of what you said even happened during John's funeral.

I watched every day last week and I don't think there's any reason to question the seriousness of what Ridge said. I couldn't agree with him more that this show is WAYYYYYYYYY too plot-driven and the vendetta storyline was way too focused on just EJ/Sami/Lucas for far too long.

I agree with Ridge that EJ should have had nothing to do with John's funeral, yet for some inexplicable reason they gave us a scene during the funeral episode where EJ implausibly showed up at the Brady Pub like a dumbass just so Lucas could punch him and feel like a man. There was no reason for that scene. They didn't have to tell us the day shouldn't have been about Sami and her showing up at all to say that made it about Sami more than if she just hadn't said anything about that or they hadn't included any Ejamicas drama at all. The punch didn't advance the story as we'd seen this crap a billion times before. EJ didn't try to kill John as far as we know so there was no reason for there to be a comeuppance in that way, and even if there was it's not like EJ getting punched balances out John dying so what's the point? The sucker punch just shouldn't have happened there, the same way they shouldn't have included the pissing contest over Sami between EJ and Lucas at the hospital in the midst of John's final moments alive and everyone's grief over that. And even though I didn't mind it, there was some sorority drama and Max and Morgan's date during the John's death episodes so Ridge does have a legitimate beef if he thinks those characters did not belong in the John's death episodes.

I am however sick of the notion that this show is in the toilet because of everything the writers are doing to try to put EJ and Sami together and somehow Lucas gets a free pass from this mess. Even if EJ does get more screentime because he's a more interesting character, I don't see this as the show doing everything to put EJ and Sami together despite whatever spoilers may be out there about the babies now. This is Lumi's shitty story with EJ and Kate as angst props for them and its Hogan's misguided notion that these Lucas and Sami are twu wuv 4 ever superdupersupercouple material whose problems need to be shoved down our throat day after day that has everything so fucking fucked. IMO.

Ridge
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Ridge
Uncle Jonny
IMissAremid
Mason AKA Hogan

Did you even watch?!

Bro I did watch :). It was painful-- one, yes, because it was the end of an era for DAYS and was emotional and it seems like the show is closing those doors completely; I wasn't talking about John's funeral episodes alone either, I was talking about the whole week. I saw Kayla comforting Belle in the hospital room -- telling her that they can't do anything for John-- it is all palliative-- which was dumb really since anyone who is about to die or is in the process wouldn't be up and talking like he was at all--; and then I saw the scene switch right back to the teen scene; I saw Roman meeting Marlena at the docks on Thursday and then it quickly going to Lucas punching EJ out "don't you interfere with Sami's Stepfather's funeral. Yup that is what John has become-- Sami's Stepfather because everything about the show has somehow come full circle around this orbital character of Sami. I also saw Stefano in the hospital, lollygagging! You would think -- of the many years this man his spent trying to kill John that there would be more of a reaction to it than that.

So yes, I have been watching. :)

Ridge
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 20 2007, 01:06 PM
I am however sick of the notion that this show is in the toilet because of everything the writers are doing to try to put EJ and Sami together and somehow Lucas gets a free pass from this mess. Even if EJ does get more screentime because he's a more interesting character, I don't see this as the show doing everything to put EJ and Sami together despite whatever spoilers may be out there about the babies now. This is Lumi's shitty story with EJ and Kate as angst props for them and its Hogan's misguided notion that these Lucas and Sami are twu wuv 4 ever superdupersupercouple material whose problems need to be shoved down our throat day after day that has everything so fucking fucked. IMO.

IA with you on that, and apologize for that too. I love EJ and Sami and think they are by far a more compelling couple than Lumi ever could be. Lumi's foundation came out of convenience, they both wanted their sibling's lovers. That's it. With Ej and Sami there was something much more complex and both characters had, and still do have, amazing chemistry. But IMO the show has ruined it, not only with the repetitive airtime but the stupid vendetta SL. Soaps come across characters that click all the time yet you don't see them retracking history to put them together. Look at Maxie and her bf, the chemistry that they shared during the shoot out SL led the show to make him a major character and bring them together. He didn't end up being her lover from 1000 years ago, or Felicia's long lost nephew. The whole contrived twist made me like Ejami much less. DAYS, according to many people, has been trying to go back to roots and keep traditional ideals alive, but this throwback to history has been so faux if not stupid.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ridge
Oct 20 2007, 01:16 PM
PhoenixRising05
Ridge
Uncle Jonny
IMissAremid
Mason AKA Hogan

Did you even watch?!

Bro I did watch :). It was painful-- one, yes, because it was the end of an era for DAYS and was emotional and it seems like the show is closing those doors completely; I wasn't talking about John's funeral episodes alone either, I was talking about the whole week. I saw Kayla comforting Belle in the hospital room -- telling her that they can't do anything for John-- it is all palliative-- which was dumb really since anyone who is about to die or is in the process wouldn't be up and talking like he was at all--; and then I saw the scene switch right back to the teen scene; I saw Roman meeting Marlena at the docks on Thursday and then it quickly going to Lucas punching EJ out "don't you interfere with Sami's Stepfather's funeral. Yup that is what John has become-- Sami's Stepfather because everything about the show has somehow come full circle around this orbital character of Sami. I also saw Stefano in the hospital, lollygagging! You would think -- of the many years this man his spent trying to kill John that there would be more of a reaction to it than that.

So yes, I have been watching. :)

Someone that is dying can be up and talking. John's organs were failing. It's perfectly realistic.

Lucas/Sami ended Wednesday's show and that was a mistake, although well-acted, but, other then that, I would argue NO ONE can say this all about Sami. The story was featured but Thursday and Friday featured Sami's story very little. We only had the one scene with Lucas punching EJ. There was nothing else. Friday only had two scenes of Lucas and Sami talking about EJ and that was it. The rest was vets and all about John. Friday was basically all Marlena with Belle and Sami joining her at the end. Stefano's reactions was both one of intrigue but also one of a man admiring a great foe. It was spot on

I know you are down on Days and we can agree to disagree but I honestly have no idea what show you were watching for you to pan this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply