Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Shocking Rumors Rock Daytime; Deidre Hall
Topic Started: Oct 18 2007, 01:55 PM (1,129 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From SOW:

Shocking rumors Rock Daytime:
Not True
Will the widowed Marlena soon be leaving Salem? On the heels of Darke Hogestyn's ecit as DAYS John, Internet rumblings have surfaced that his former leading lady deidre Hall is also on her way out. A DAYS spokesperson dismisses the chatter as "pure gossip" adding, "Deidre Hall is heavily into storyline throughout the fall and the holiday season."

Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

This is definitely a rumor. No way would DAYS be stupid enough to cut Deidre Hall. Not in a million years.

King
Member Avatar

Please don't make Marlena pregnant.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, that whole Christmas miracle thing will not be a good thing with Marlena. She's past her prime. :lol:

King
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, that whole Christmas miracle thing will not be a good thing with Marlena. She's past her prime. :lol:

Visions of Jennifer circa 2004 are dancing in my head. :lol:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I don't believe for a moment that Hall is out.

I love that they say Hall is involved in storyline for Fall and Holiday season.

Mason

Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2007, 03:17 PM
I don't believe for a moment that Hall is out.

I love that they say Hall is involved in storyline for Fall and Holiday season.

I just hope that by 'involved' they don't really mean supporting Sami. <_<

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

If I hadn't read future spoilers, I wouldn't be blown away by this. I spent a lot of time wondering how they could utilize Marlena without John!

Tammy
Member Avatar

In all honesty... if they gave her the option I dont think she would EVER leave the show. Too bad Drake didn't get that option <_<

Mason

Deidre's made it clear in the past that she intends to stay with DAYS to the very end. I don't think for a minute that she would leave on her own.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Deidre's not going anywhere. She's a huge fan fave plus I think John was killed off partially to give Marlena more storyline potential.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mulder
Oct 18 2007, 07:41 PM
Deidre's not going anywhere. She's a huge fan fave plus I think John was killed off partially to give Marlena more storyline potential.

You could be right about that. Her and John are awfully boring together.

Ridge
Member Avatar

On the other hand they have been promising Marlena a storyline for years now... We know she is not going but what is their definition of a story? Something in between all the sorority crap??

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dee Hall isn't going anywhere. She seems happy no matter how little or much the show gives her.

Ridge, just curious but have you watched at all this week? Also, have you looked at upcoming spoilers because Marlena is on ALOT and I should say the sorority story is not a frontburner story. It was on 3 days this week but the scenes were short and, up until that point, it was basically a two day a week story. The balance has been much better the past 3 weeks.

sungrey

It's so blatantly obvious who the sorority rapist is, but I'll leave that outta here since it's just speculation. :D

As for Marlena, give her good storyline but don't even try to foist a new love interest on her for at least... oh, six months to a year... that'd be like throwing gasoline on a raging fire. :lol:

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Good. I am glad she is staying. Her daughters need her...BADLY. :D

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Ridge
Oct 18 2007, 09:14 PM
On the other hand they have been promising Marlena a storyline for years now... We know she is not going but what is their definition of a story? Something in between all the sorority crap??

Has to be something better than what she currently had going for her. I always felt that with John in the picture, he was the hero, and she was his sidekick.

I do hope this offers Marlena more of a leading role, not as you said, being in the mix of the sorority crap, or Sami's problems etc.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Deidre already said she's NOT LEAVING.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Regarding Drake...

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=101810
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't tell you who Ann and I just heard from. I'll just simply say that I was just told that never in the HISTORY of DAYS has there been such an ENORMOUS reaction over a character's death, as there has been over the death of our beloved John Black. NONE of the suits at NBC expected this or that there would be such an enormous outcry over an actor being let go as there has been with the firing of Drake Hogestyn! The NBC mail boxes are JAM-PACKED and NOBODY can get through to the switchboard. Email boxes for both TPTB of NBC and TPTB of DAYS have been going NON-stop and they're getting filled up so fast that they are now bumping emails like crazy! TPTB haven't blocked us...if you get your email returned it is because their mail boxes are full! The fan mail in Drake's behalf as well as to TPTB is extraordinary. Drake and Deidre Downunder PACKED malls, and the OUTRAGE down there was so mind-blowing that it has a certain somebody VERY scared to return home to Los Angeles at week's end, LMAO!

I can't say what is going down, just simply that NBC have gotten the outcry they were looking for and more! If you want Drake back at Days of our Lives, you need to KEEP it going okay? PLEASE fax, write, email and call TPTB to let them know that you will NOT accept them firing Drake, and we are NOT going down without a fight okay?

I've been told that Drake is truly touched by the support that you've all shown him...we're so CLOSE to bringing Drake back, folks, so PLEASE keep going, PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Well, Marlena's had a bigger, but this is Linda, so I'll let it pass.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply