Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Friday
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 12:28 AM (1,826 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dee Hall was superb today. This is her emmy reel and, for me, she has already won it. I know she won't get recognized but she deserves too.

That scene where she smells his shirt and then looks over at the book and breaks down was the most powerful scene on daytime television this year, bar none. This is soap opera. Then the montage, which was perfectly done with song many fans wanted to pay tribute to them was great. The silence and the rain...wow. Flawless. Marlena and Belle's talk with no music at all was awesome to watch. Marlena just kept reaching out for him and it was so sad. Good job by all. Loved the end with Sami and Belle in bed with her.

The beginning with Marlena and Stefano's showdown was fantastic. She showed so much range with this episode from start to finish. The slow motion as the casket was carried out was fantastic. I am glad Ed didn't cut anything.

The Pub scenes, flashbacks (loved the Jate one and Stefano's flashback with his putting the chess pawn on the picture as we got a collection of flashbacks to follow that), Shawn Sr's toast, everything. The little moments like Stephanie realizing she has not been there for Kayla, Tony and Lexie agreeing to have dinner together, etc. Great job.

Nice Bo/Shawn scenes at the end too (I think something had is coming his way) and I did enjoy Steve punching Philip. I like the Pocket story. I had no problem with the investigation scenes at the Pub. They wanted to get started with finding out who did it but they were needed at the Pub. I mean, you have the commissioner there so it's not really an issue. It's strange but they are all family and friends of John and each other so they are desperate to get started.

I was also pleased to know my initial reaction to spoilers was right. This was not about Sami, except for the end of Wednesday's show. Yes, the story was featured earlier this week, but the last two days only had like 2 scenes focusing on Lucas/Sami/EJ. The show did all this the right way and it deserves to be commended.

In a way, I hope John is dead. I would hate all this to be cheapened. However, if this is ISA related I could buy it. I knew there would be fan backlash but I think Days already has made it's decision. If he ends up alive, it was likely the case all along. I suppose it will depend on how they resurrect him that will tell me whether this will be a disaster or not.

Fantastic show today. What a week!! I have never cried so much and credit goes to all the cast and crew for the best week on soaps this year!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

I was also pleased to know my initial reaction to spoilers was right. This was not about Sami, except for the end of Wednesday's show.

How do you KNOW that your initial reaction was right and that they didn't see fan outcry about the way they were making this about Sami and change things to ensure that John didn't get short shrift? Given that they edited all of this at such a late date to push back the events of Monday's show (which are more about Belle and Sami than John) that were originally scheduled to happen in today's show, I think that them changing things because of fan reaction to the John dying rumors getting out is a possibility.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Oct 19 2007, 02:58 PM
Quote:

I was also pleased to know my initial reaction to spoilers was right. This was not about Sami, except for the end of Wednesday's show.

How do you KNOW that your initial reaction was right and that they didn't see fan outcry about the way they were making this about Sami and change things to ensure that John didn't get short shrift? Given that they edited all of this at such a late date to push back the events of Monday's show (which are more about Belle and Sami than John) that were originally scheduled to happen in today's show, I think that them changing things because of fan reaction to the John dying rumors getting out is a possibility.

Because when Lskreet first posted about this it came off like it was going to be more about Marlena and Belle. We didn't see any Sami pics there and the only mention of Sami being involved was her blaming herself.

The only change they made was the editing today. I mean, if they had made changes, I don't think Wednesday would've ended on LUMI. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be anything like that SOW article that caused a ruckus last week and it turned out that way. I could care less that I was right. I'm just glad I was.

King
Member Avatar

Are we POSITIVE they made changes? Because yesterday's ending with Stefano walking in seemed like a "DAYS" ending.

jane1978

IMissAremid

Are you really sugesting they reedited the rest of week AFTER the Monday and Tuesday episodes were already aired???

Sorry, but no one is able to do that. Yes, they put a part of thursday into friday and moved some stuff from friday to monday, and possibly edited out some less important scenes all together, but even that happened atleast two or three weeks ago during the normal editing process. Spoilers we have are done from script outlines, not written by someone who really saw the show, because when NBC issues these spoilers out the episode isnīt even done yet.

Years ago we had even a chance to read a full recaps reserved only for mags and media workers. They were issued three weeks before the airdate. And many times people were angry/disappointed that some scenes are missing or different.

jane1978

King
Oct 19 2007, 03:20 PM
Are we POSITIVE they made changes? Because yesterday's ending with Stefano walking in seemed like a "DAYS" ending.

Yes. Because there are scenes promised in the spoilers for friday which happens in monday. (like Phelle kiss in the church) And Marlena ending in her bedroom crying was supposed to be the end of thursday episode.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kate telling EJ that Sami would be a hero if she married him made me want to barf.

First of all, I am conditioned to HATE the word "hero" because of a professor I had in college who talked about how overused that word is and I agree with him so that already had me twitching a little bit, but the fact that the writers think they need to bludgeon me over the head with the idea that Sami is a heroine now by having KATE of all people say it just grates.

I am sick and tired of the character of Kate Roberts getting twisted into a pretzel to push whatever agenda the DOOL writing staff has for Sami's story on that given day. Today Sami is a hero so they have Kate calling her that and admiring her dedication to her family. If Kate saying this really was a demonstration of character growth for her that would be one thing, but that's not really what's at work here. It's more Sami pimping. Just watch... next week we'll need Sami to be the victim again and big bad Kate will do something that hurts Sami and then subsequently she will be punished with some new humiliation (fire extinguishers, cake in the face, etc...) and with Lucas disowning her again, but then he'll take her back after she agrees to worship Sami and Lucas as the circle of Sami pimping continues. I mean she deserves the pimping right? She is our hero after all.
<_<

Ugh. Hogan's misogynist strategy for turning Sami into a heroine through her agreeing to prostitute herself over and over turns my stomach to no end. Oh yes, Hogan. Look at the hero for her family agree to marry EJ using his lust for her to get him to get the DiMeras to call off the feud, just as ten months ago she agreed to fuck EJ so she could be a hero to Lucas and save his life, just as she was hero to the Salem PD and her family when she agreed to TWICE pretend to want to fuck EJ during their investigation of him. I swear Sami Brady must have the most heroic vagina ever.

And what's even more maddening is if they really did want me to see her marriage to EJ as heroic, you know what? I could've bought that Sami really was a hero to her family IF... IF we hadn't been shown her fantasizing about kissing EJ multiple times and lying to her husband about the intimate moments she shares with the man she's accused of rape. Then maybe I would see her as a hero for agreeing to marry EJ, but not now. She just comes across as an insincere and fickle idiot, not a heroine.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

jane1978
IMissAremid

Are you really sugesting they reedited the rest of week AFTER the Monday and Tuesday episodes were already aired???

Sorry, but no one is able to do that. Yes, they put a part of thursday into friday and moved some stuff from friday to monday, and possibly edited out some less important scenes all together, but even that happened atleast two or three weeks ago during the normal editing process. Spoilers we have are done from script outlines, not written by someone who really saw the show, because when NBC issues these spoilers out the episode isnīt even done yet.

Years ago we had even a chance to read a full recaps reserved only for mags and media workers. They were issued three weeks before the airdate. And many times people were angry/disappointed that some scenes are missing or different.

No I am not suggesting they reedited the show after Monday and Tuesday's episodes aired.

I am suggesting that after the show had already released the daily spoilers for this week of the show and after they had already given the soap mags spoilers for things that were scheduled to take place on Friday of this week (there are two BIG things involving Sami and Belle that were supposed to happen in today's show and were advertised as taking place in today's show but actually take place on Monday) that they rethought things and wound up dividing what was supposed to happen during the course of Thursday and Friday's show into episodes on Thursday, Friday and Monday to give more time for John.

Tim, I don't think either of us can prove ourselves right and the other wrong on this, so I am just stating what I think happened. I understand if you don't think this is plausible.

If it wasn't fan reaction that caused them to make a change, whatever the reason that caused them make these changes I am pleased because it shows that the person who is making the decisions had John Black fans' interests at heart in keeping the material in and pushing back non-John related drama to next week's shows. I appreciate that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 19 2007, 03:26 PM
King

Yes. Because there are scenes promised in the spoilers for friday which happens in monday. (like Phelle kiss in the church) And Marlena ending in her bedroom crying was supposed to be the end of thursday episode.

Exactly. It was worded that way in dailies too. Plus, if you look at today, 3 of the last 3 segments were all about Marlena. Everything but the third from last segment was all Marlena driven by Marlena with Belle coming in during the second from last act and Sami in the last one. You hardly ever see that and the Pocket scenes and Bo/Shawn scenes seemed to be early episode scenes. You could tell editing was done today. If it had been done at any other time, you would sense it.

The Kate/Sami scene was a nice touch and I got the feeling yesterday when Kate was talking about hate blinding a person that she was talking about her and Sami and how hate blinded her to seeing Lucas and Sami's love and also to seeing the danger Sami is in and I think this even goes as far back as the rape, which Kate didn't believe Sami went through at first. I think it was a sign of maturation and it's long overdue. I didn't see any agenda being pushed so I will have to disagree, IMA. I don't see half the stuff that you take issue with but I will just leave all that alone and focus on the fact that this was the best week of Days in years, maybe even one of the best ever. It was certainly the best week and shows I have seen on daytime all year.

jane1978

IMissAremid
Oct 19 2007, 03:42 PM
jane1978
IMissAremid

No I am not suggesting they reedited the show after Monday and Tuesday's episodes aired.

I am suggesting that after the show had already released the daily spoilers for this week of the show and after they had already given the soap mags spoilers for things that were scheduled to take place on Friday of this week (there are two BIG things involving Sami and Belle that were supposed to happen in today's show and were advertised as taking place in today's show but actually take place on Monday) that they rethought things and wound up dividing what was supposed to happen during the course of Thursday and Friday's show into episodes on Thursday, Friday and Monday to give more time for John.

Tim, I don't think either of us can prove ourselves right and the other wrong on this, so I am just stating what I think happened. I understand if you don't think this is plausible.

If it wasn't fan reaction that caused them to make a change, whatever the reason that caused them make these changes I am pleased because it shows that the person who is making the decisions had John Black fans' interests at heart in keeping the material in and pushing back non-John related drama to next week's shows. I appreciate that.

Sorry, I thought you are talking about tuesday ending on Sami/Lucas instead of dying John and peopleīs reaction to that. But I really donīt think they did it because John fans. I think Ed Scott simply saw there is too much of wonderfull material ending under the editing table and because he himself felt proud at what was accomplished, he decided to move some fridayīs stuff into monday.

I fully agree it was a very smart decision.

I think in future we will se things like this more often because the show isnīt taped in order anymore, so they can decide later what stuff will be a part of what episode. Thatīs another thing I never understand, why they stop taping and continue the next day even if the scene ends in the middle of conversation when it would make much sense just to tape everything and edit it later.

Just another thing Ed Scott made right.

Ponz
Member Avatar

jane1978

Sorry, I thought you are talking about tuesday ending on Sami/Lucas instead of dying John and peopleīs reaction to that. But I really donīt think they did it because John fans. I think Ed Scott simply saw there is too much of wonderfull material ending under the editing table and because he himself felt proud at what was accomplished, he decided to move some fridayīs stuff into monday.

IA. The guy was Bill Bell's right hand man for 20 years. He knows when it's appropriate and inappropriate to cut scenes.

King
Member Avatar

I just read that link to the Sony board. Do you think there was a bigger outcry over Drake's firing than Frances'? :o

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Oct 19 2007, 04:22 PM
I just read that link to the Sony board. Do you think there was a bigger outcry over Drake's firing than Frances'? :o

Sadly, yes. Especially on that board.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This is not really spoilerish. But, is there anyone who watched the Canadian episode today? I noticed that when Bo and Shawn were talking, and the conversation concluded (just before Shawn left), the camera zoomed into the red light that was flashing. Could that have sentimental value that his cop career is not meant to be, or will lead to trouble?

peaches179

PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2007, 04:47 PM
King
Oct 19 2007, 04:22 PM
I just read that link to the Sony board. Do you think there was a bigger outcry over Drake's firing than Frances'?  :o

Sadly, yes. Especially on that board.

LoL! That board is something else.

jcar03
Member Avatar

^^^That is what I've been saying!!! People cared less when 10 people were killed off and especially Alice and all those "deaths" were so corney (hello death by doughnuts). This whole thing was so well done.

This has to be a first or least the first time in a LONG time that a show covered two days in one episode. Normally we are on one day for like a month.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Oct 19 2007, 05:04 PM
This is not really spoilerish. But, is there anyone who watched the Canadian episode today? I noticed that when Bo and Shawn were talking, and the conversation concluded (just before Shawn left), the camera zoomed into the red light that was flashing. Could that have sentimental value that his cop career is not meant to be, or will lead to trouble?

When I was reading Prevuze this morning of the Monday US show I was thinking that something is going to happen to Shawn. Too much foreshadowing about how dangerous it is to be a cop and Hope losing another son. I get the feeling he is going to get hurt in the academy.

wickednana
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 19 2007, 03:35 PM
Kate telling EJ that Sami would be a hero if she married him made me want to barf.

First of all, I am conditioned to HATE the word "hero" because of a professor I had in college who talked about how overused that word is and I agree with him so that already had me twitching a little bit, but the fact that the writers think they need to bludgeon me over the head with the idea that Sami is a heroine now by having KATE of all people say it just grates.

I am sick and tired of the character of Kate Roberts getting twisted into a pretzel to push whatever agenda the DOOL writing staff has for Sami's story on that given day. Today Sami is a hero so they have Kate calling her that and admiring her dedication to her family. If Kate saying this really was a demonstration of character growth for her that would be one thing, but that's not really what's at work here. It's more Sami pimping. Just watch... next week we'll need Sami to be the victim again and big bad Kate will do something that hurts Sami and then subsequently she will be punished with some new humiliation (fire extinguishers, cake in the face, etc...) and with Lucas disowning her again, but then he'll take her back after she agrees to worship Sami and Lucas as the circle of Sami pimping continues. I mean she deserves the pimping right? She is our hero after all.
<_<

Ugh. Hogan's misogynist strategy for turning Sami into a heroine through her agreeing to prostitute herself over and over turns my stomach to no end. Oh yes, Hogan. Look at the hero for her family agree to marry EJ using his lust for her to get him to get the DiMeras to call off the feud, just as ten months ago she agreed to fuck EJ so she could be a hero to Lucas and save his life, just as she was hero to the Salem PD and her family when she agreed to TWICE pretend to want to fuck EJ during their investigation of him. I swear Sami Brady must have the most heroic vagina ever.

And what's even more maddening is if they really did want me to see her marriage to EJ as heroic, you know what? I could've bought that Sami really was a hero to her family IF... IF we hadn't been shown her fantasizing about kissing EJ multiple times and lying to her husband about the intimate moments she shares with the man she's accused of rape. Then maybe I would see her as a hero for agreeing to marry EJ, but not now. She just comes across as an insincere and fickle idiot, not a heroine.

wow..now no need to sugar coat it imiss, tell us how you really feel!

who ever thought making sami into a heroine on this show, and the way they have gone about it, well it ranks with the 10 dumbest things done on this show this year..and for my countdown list...

9. green wedding which i nicknamed the non compost mentis wedding which is latin for shit brained idea.

8. bathroom kama sutra sex between a lech and and 8 months preggo woman..just so what i wanted as a fantasy adventure..

7. sami and lucas each buttoning up their jeans after sex on the couch so they could wash their hands ( i hope) before the pizza got cold. (takes me back to high school when i was almost considered trampy )

6. the poison lipsticky tricky

5. lucas as a popsicle alongside the dummy mummy

4. any scene where lucas knocks down ej with a punch..especially when no step stool is in sight..does ej bend his chin down to the little runt?

3. any scene where we are treated to sami running to and fro in hysterics, screwing up her face to cry once more

2. any scene where lucas says don't cry honey cuz it means we have been subjected to the above already

1. and of course, the first dumb thing the show has done this year was not firing hogan right after the feb sweeps period.

Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I love Marlena's new bedroom. I loved how she stood up to Steffy. It is about time someone just cast out the devil. The clips were fantastic. It is hard to believe Drake/John are really gone.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Just watched todays episode..And i really hope this is the episode Deidre uses for an emmy real..Her breakdown and the conversation with Belle about grief were magnificent..I was really impressed with how long that conversation was..It really was very well written...

Grandpa Shawn's toast and the flashbacks that went with it were a very touching and a great way to honor john..And i was very impressed Days used the song from Marlena's SSK death for the flashback montage..Such a beautiful song..

I cried today 3 times, and i'm pretty much over crying this week..So i'm glad its Friday...This week was the best week of Days in years...and up there with my alltime favorite moments..

Oh and i loved the little Tony, Anna, and Lexie moment..It would be great to see that dinner but i have a feeling we won't get to..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply