Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Friday
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 12:28 AM (1,732 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Oct 20 2007, 07:27 AM
I just got the chance to watch my tape.

I'm about twenty minutes into it, and Deidre absolutely ripped my heart out in the scene where she returns home! Oh my God, I was expecting it to be sad. You know, a few tears down the cheek, sad music playing over the scene, then cut to the next thing.

But no.

It was so much more!

It wasn't rushed. Marlena eased her way into the room...slowly. She looked around... slowly. She sat down... slowly. Then all at once, she bursts into tears and begins rocking back and forth (in slow motion) as she holds John's coat close to her chest and cries with the most heartbreaking sound of emotional deflation.

I couldn't believe how simplistic and powerful it was! Less is SO much more. Compared to the camp of James E. Reilly, this is like Shakespeare!

Meanwhile, I haven't finished the tape yet, so I'll go watch the rest. I just had to comment on this, immediately!

Those scenes were like watching a movie to me. NOTHING like "daytime." They were very well written and executed.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tammy
Oct 20 2007, 04:30 PM
Here is how I feel as a J&M fan... and this is hard for me to say lol. If they aren't going to bring Drake back as John Black then I preferr the death was REAL. Only because if they bring him back as someone else... and Marlena falls in love with him... that would be a slap in the face to THIS J&M fan. I mean... what, she is going to fall in love with a guy because he LOOKS like John? What would that say to the element of J&M being soulmates, like many of their fans think they are?

And him coming back as the REAL Roman... ugh I am tired of musical Roman's. I guess it might be interesting to see how they tried to make it plausable, but I am afraid if they tried they would fuck it up.

So for me if Drake came back I would want it to be as John Black... not his evil twin... or long lost cousin... or an oddly similar looking stranger.

I always thought it would be interesting for him to come back and have his memory wiped out again... and Marlena would have to work with him to remember their love... and in the process they could get him to remember all the stuff that we never figured out in the first palce. Like who his father was and where he was all those missing years.

And if there was a just and loving soap god they would figure out (somehow) that J&M were eachothers first loves, from when they were younger. If Marlena could forget that she was married to ALex North... then she could have totally forgotten meeting and being in love beofre that ;)

Tammy, my DREAM story wouldn't involve Marlena falling in love with a John look-alike (Jonah Everest) because he looks like John; no, she's off on a seminar ACROSS THE COUNTRY from Salem, meets Jonah Everest, who's staying at the same hotel. Jonah thinks she's hot (we can tell by his facial expressions) and despite hearing her go on and on about how John came back to her, he goes with it. (He's a devil, I tell ya!)

They make love. While she's sleeping he goes on the Internet, searches John Black (of course there are newspaper articles about the possession and other events of his life) and when Marlena wakes up and they have their heart-to-heart about what happened, he says it was a setup to end the vendetta and get Sami to marry EJ (he finds out about Sami's marrying EJ just because of ending the Vendetta from a gossip column in the newspaper).

She's just overjoyed to have her husband back.

Of course, they return home to Salem. Everyone's in SHOCK.

But as time wears on, Belle and Sami get suspicious because he lacks the memories he CAN'T search on the Internet.

Sami, in her role as town savior, digs up John's grave once and for all (of course with her babies strapped on her back the whole time), finds the TRUE John Black still in the coffin, and outs Jonah.

It's win-win. J&M fans get Drake/Dee chemistry and an intriguing story for one year, and then, for the cliffhanger before the show moves to the Oxygen network (;)), Sami bursts into the church to out Jonah, as "John" and Marlena are about renew their vows. Then, on Oxygen, Deidre gives ANOTHER Emmy-worthy performance when she breaks down after realizing her beloved John is really gone.

Hell, that can bring ANOTHER story arc where Marlena goes crazy (keep our girl on the front burner), and then see how she deals with death as a joke all these decades.

Personally, I hope Hogan reads THIS and runs with it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I really think John is dead, but I also wouldn't be suprised if Drake came back early next year as a different character. As much as I hate that John's been killed (and I do), I don't want him to be resurrected. Honestly, after this AMAZING week, I think I would probably be more disgusted than relieved.

Friday's show was beautifully written. Deidre's speech about grief counseling her patients but not knowing how wrong she was is definitely her Emmy reel, IMO. I know it'll be a miracle if she's even nominated, but as far as I'm concerned, she's already won it. The flashbacks were incredible, and THANK GOD (or Ed Scott, I guess I should say) that we no longer have stupid special effects ruining them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

The best part, bar none, was when they showed Stefano place the pawn on John's picture. Steffie has such a complicated history with those three people - John, Roman, and Marlena, and it's never, ever been totally malicious - a concept completely lost on the Bradys. He's a sick man, but I know that the game aspect has been missing from this storyline.

Tammy
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan... I must say... that was a VERY well thought out SL lmao ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tammy
Oct 21 2007, 02:56 AM
JERSoapsFan... I must say... that was a VERY well thought out SL lmao ;)

Thanks, lol. I try. And I'm a soap fan so maybe it's not what everyone would want, but it's what I want Hogan to write, dammit! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 19 2007, 03:35 PM
Kate telling EJ that Sami would be a hero if she married him made me want to barf.

First of all, I am conditioned to HATE the word "hero" because of a professor I had in college who talked about how overused that word is and I agree with him so that already had me twitching a little bit, but the fact that the writers think they need to bludgeon me over the head with the idea that Sami is a heroine now by having KATE of all people say it just grates.

I am sick and tired of the character of Kate Roberts getting twisted into a pretzel to push whatever agenda the DOOL writing staff has for Sami's story on that given day. Today Sami is a hero so they have Kate calling her that and admiring her dedication to her family. If Kate saying this really was a demonstration of character growth for her that would be one thing, but that's not really what's at work here. It's more Sami pimping. Just watch... next week we'll need Sami to be the victim again and big bad Kate will do something that hurts Sami and then subsequently she will be punished with some new humiliation (fire extinguishers, cake in the face, etc...) and with Lucas disowning her again, but then he'll take her back after she agrees to worship Sami and Lucas as the circle of Sami pimping continues. I mean she deserves the pimping right? She is our hero after all.
<_<

Ugh. Hogan's misogynist strategy for turning Sami into a heroine through her agreeing to prostitute herself over and over turns my stomach to no end. Oh yes, Hogan. Look at the hero for her family agree to marry EJ using his lust for her to get him to get the DiMeras to call off the feud, just as ten months ago she agreed to fuck EJ so she could be a hero to Lucas and save his life, just as she was hero to the Salem PD and her family when she agreed to TWICE pretend to want to fuck EJ during their investigation of him. I swear Sami Brady must have the most heroic vagina ever.

And what's even more maddening is if they really did want me to see her marriage to EJ as heroic, you know what? I could've bought that Sami really was a hero to her family IF... IF we hadn't been shown her fantasizing about kissing EJ multiple times and lying to her husband about the intimate moments she shares with the man she's accused of rape. Then maybe I would see her as a hero for agreeing to marry EJ, but not now. She just comes across as an insincere and fickle idiot, not a heroine.

Bravo! Bravo! Posted Image

Fan-fuckin'-tastic post, Mary. Everything you said is right on the money. Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

OMG, IMA!

"I swear Sami Brady must have the most heroic vagina ever" is going directly into my signature! LoL

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Oct 23 2007, 04:16 AM
OMG, IMA!

"I swear Sami Brady must have the most heroic vagina ever" is going directly into my signature! LoL

Awwwww. I made it in Kenny's signature? You love me, you really love me! [/sallyfield]

;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply