Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Erika Slezak's Plate is Full on OLTL
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 01:22 PM (184 Views)
Jonatha

Source: New York Daily News

Viki turns up on "One Life to Live" today after a two-month absence, and she has been in Paris, alright: Paris, Tex.

"It's incredibly clever," says Erika Slezak, who plays Viki. "She took Dorian's advice. The last scenes they had together were at Asa's funeral when they got locked in the wine cellar together. Dorian got [ticked] off and said, 'What are you going to do with the rest of your life?' and it got Viki thinking. She went to the airport and said, 'Anywhere. Let's just get out of here.'"

Turns out the first flight out was to Tulsa, Okla.

"She rented a car and ended up in a rainstorm," says Slezak. "She went into a diner to get a cup of coffee and said, 'I like this. I'm going to stay.'"

Yup - wealthy heiress Victoria Lord Davidson has been hanging out in a Texas diner the entire time. Even better? When the camera pulls back today while she's e-mailing her kids, she'll be sporting a waitress uniform.

"The best thing about the diner, which she discovered immediately, is that it is not a hamburger joint. It's a diner serving absolutely gourmet food."

So Viki got a job there and "moved into the hotel across the street," says Slezak. "She's living in this funny little motel room, where the sheets are changed every other day, and she's shopping at Dress Barn or Target or whatever the local store is. She says, 'This is how I'm going to live for a while. Despite the fact that I have billions of dollars in my bank account, I'm not going to pay any attention to it.' She doesn't tell anybody who she is and is just living off her salary."

Her co-workers and new friends don't suspect a thing - until people from her old life start turning up in the diner.

"Half the town of Llanview ends up in Paris, Tex., at one point or another," says Slezak. "The story will involve Marcie, who is on the run with Tommy, Todd's son."

Best of all, Viki will come out of her Southern sojourn with a new love interest, played by Brian Kerwin ("Desperate Housewives").

"His name is Charlie and he's wonderful," says Slezak. "They don't find out each other's last names for a long time, which is good. It's just Charlie and Viki. And, of course, it turns out that Paris, Tex., is close enough to Asa's ranch that people drift over."

As much as she like it now, Slezak admits she wasn't too keen on the story when she first heard it.

"When I left in July [for a two-month vacation], I said to Frank [Valentini, executive producer], 'Where is Viki going?' He said, 'Paris.' I thought, 'Ugh, that's boring. She's rich, she's going to Paris.' And that wretched person didn't say to me, 'Paris, Texas.' So I didn't know until I came back: 'She's a waitress?' It's great."

Comings and goings: Singer Enrique Iglesias performs at Indigo on "The Young and the Restless" Nov. 7...."One Life to Live" welcomes back Phil Carey on Nov. 9, 12-13 (when Asa appears on videotape to read his will), Tonja Walker (Alex) on Nov. 1, and Tuc Watkins (David) on Nov. 2. Watkins will be doing double duty with "Desperate Housewives," where he and a partner are the new gay couple on the block beginning Sunday night.

Don't touch that dial: The much ballyhooed building collapse happens today on "Y&R" (CBS, 12:30 p.m.), leaving many of our faves under the rubble.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply