Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tragedy Strikes Hunter Tylo; - 19 year old son dies
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 04:01 PM (1,340 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

How terrible :(

Sending thoughts and prayers their way
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kelli_blue
Member Avatar

What a tragedy. My condolences for Hunter and her family.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071020/tv_nm/tylo_dc_1

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The teenage son of actress Hunter Tylo, who once won a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against the late TV mogul Aaron Spelling after she was fired for being pregnant, has drowned in his mother's swimming pool.

The body of Michael Tylo Jr., 19, was found fully clothed on Wednesday night in the pool behind his mother's Las Vegas-area house, her manager, Marv Dauer, told Reuters on Thursday.

Dauer said the boy was at the house with his older step-brother, Christopher, and was believed to have suffered a seizure and fallen into the pool after stepping outside the home to use his cell phone.

He said the actress, at her Los Angeles home when she learned of her son's death, was devastated. He said Michael had no history of substance abuse. The house where the drowning occurred is in the process of being put up for sale, he said.

A spokeswoman for the Clark County, Nevada, coroner's office confirmed the teen was found in the pool Wednesday night and the cause of death was listed as an accidental drowning.

The victim's mother, 45, currently stars on the CBS daytime drama "The Bold and the Beautiful" as Dr. Taylor Hayes Maroney.

In December 1997, Tylo was awarded nearly $5 million in damages against Spelling's production companies for being fired from his hit TV show "Melrose Place" because she got pregnant. The child, a daughter named Izabella, was 13 months old by the time the pregnancy discrimination case went to court.

During the six-week trial, the actress stunned the court by revealing she was eight-months pregnant. That child, a daughter named Katya, was later diagnosed with a cancer of the retina and lost an eye.

"She's had one tragedy in her life after another, more than her share," Dauer said of Tylo.

The two daughters and her 19-year-old son were the soap star's children with ex-husband and actor Michael Tylo. She also has a 26-year-old son, Christopher, from a previous marriage.

kserox10

My heart is with them.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Some people can be such monsters, insisting that Hunter is getting her karma for suing Aaron Spelling and other issues. That's so dumb and heartless.

Mason

Q Steph
Oct 20 2007, 06:03 PM
Some people can be such monsters, insisting that Hunter is getting her karma for suing Aaron Spelling and other issues. That's so dumb and heartless.

People are seriously saying that?! That is just fucked up.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Those people are losers. Can't wait for the karma bug to hit them square in the ass.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Poor Tylo. :(

The worst thing in life has to be losing a child.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 20 2007, 06:22 PM
Q Steph
Oct 20 2007, 06:03 PM

People are seriously saying that?! That is just fucked up.

All over the Internet. They're bashing her looks, calling her a cheater, this and that. At a time like this, it's all irrelevant. She's a mother who just lost her child.
:(

My heart is breaking for her.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

My heart aches for Hunter, Michael, their families, and all of Michael Jr.'s friends.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

According to the Suds Report, the family is still trying to reach Michael Tylo, Mikey's dad.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 22 2007, 01:29 PM
According to the Suds Report, the family is still trying to reach Michael Tylo, Mikey's dad.

I wonder where he is.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Actress Hunter Tylo has spent years acting out dramas on soap operas like Days of our Lives and The Bold and the Beautiful, but nothing could prepare the 45-year-old mother for the tragedy that befell her family on October 18.

That day, while she was in Los Angeles, her son Michael Jr. drowned in the backyard pool of her Henderson, Nevada, residence.

The 19-year-old was in town to visit his girlfriend, Stephanie Rivero and take one last high school exam. But by 11:55 that night, Michael was pronounced dead after his fully clothed body was found in the backyard swimming pool. Cause of death: accidental drowning following a seizure.

"The last time I heard his voice was Thursday [October 18] around 6 a.m.,” Rivero, 17, tells Us. "I was going to come over, but he told me he was tossing and turning all night. He couldn’t sleep, and when he doesn’t sleep, he gets seizures. I told him I’d call him in an hour. He said, ‘I love you.’ And I said, ‘I love you too.”

But Rivero never reached Michael again. At around 8 p.m., his half-brother Christopher, 26, found Michael’s body in the pool.

“It was an accident,” a rep for the Clark County, Nevada, corner’s office tells Us.

Rivero remembers Michael’s sense of humor most of all. “He was full of life and so funny. He didn’t even have to try. He just was.”

“Michael was a really good kid, and Hunter was really close with him,” the actress’ rep Marv Dauer tells Us. “She’s doing the best she can. No parent should outlive their child.”

For more details on Michael’s tragic death and how Hunter is coping during this difficult time, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands this week.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Hunter Tylo's son Michael was remembered Friday by more than 200 family and friends at a Los Angeles memorial.

"He liked to make me laugh," his actress mother told mourners at the Church of the Hills at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. "He had a beautiful spirit."

Michael Edward Tylo II died Oct. 18 in a drowning accident at the family home in Henderson, Nev., after suffering from an epileptic seizure. He was 19.

"I thank God for giving me those 19 years," said Hunter, who reminisced about her son's struggle with faith, his favorite TV shows and his droll sense of humor.

But The Bold and the Beautiful actress also remembered the sensitive side of her son, who was known as Mickey.

"He could identify people who were wounded and hurt," she said. "There was a young girl in our neighborhood who was crippled and she used to take a walk at the same time each day and Michael would wait outside everyday just to say hi to her."

Michael Tylo Sr., Mickey's father, also spoke at the memorial, and was joined by Mickey's younger sisters, Katya and Izabella, and Mickey's older brother, Christopher, who gave Mickey a tearful farewell at the end of the service.

Close friends also shared their memories, recalling Mickey's "mischievous" side. Michael Sr. talked about their mutual interest in history and Mickey's love of music.

"He had a love for people and cared about his friends," he said of his son, who was interested in studying graphic design. "I'll miss him."

In addition, many of the cast and crew of The Bold and the Beautiful were in attendance, including executive producer Brad Bell and actors Susan Flannery, Jennifer Gareis, Katherine Kelly Lang and John McCook (The set of the soap was shut down for the day). Actor John O'Hurley and his wife also attended.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Wow, I am just now seeing this, I feel so bad for Hunter and her family.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply