Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Clips from the Australian TV Interview; Hall, Hogestyn, Penghlis
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 04:12 PM (3,032 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Who are you talking to with the montages? I posted the interview clips, but those are from willkat99 who posted the links on SC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Naughty Eskimo
Oct 21 2007, 09:17 PM
Who are you talking to with the montages? I posted the interview clips, but those are from willkat99 who posted the links on SC.

I'm just the messenger. I don't know who. But I know it's not the Willkat clips.

I'm talking about posters who bash Thaao, and then go to the Den and steal clips.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 11:27 PM
Naughty Eskimo

I'm just the messenger. I don't know who. But I know it's not the Willkat clips.

I'm talking about posters who bash Thaao, and then go to the Den and steal clips.

I have no clue what y'all are talking about, but IMO, there's no possible way of "stealing" clips from the internet that are already free.

If I uploaded clips to a website and someone wanted to download them and use them in whatever way they see fit, it's totally fair. If people don't want their material "stolen," then don't post it on the internet. Those who whine about it always crack me up, as if they paid for the clips themselves.

King
Member Avatar

hoochie, no posts were deleted from this thread today or yesterday by any staff or any members (who can delete their own posts.)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 10:27 PM
Naughty Eskimo

If your the "messenger", I'd like to know who the person is who sent you to deliver this message; and why that person couldn't do it themselves. This thread has gone way off topic due to you talking about clips being stolen from another board all together, and then when questioned further you say that you don't know who and that your only the "messenger". This isn't making sense at all, if this is a problem on the other board that you spoke of then it should be handled there........

Deleted User
Deleted User

hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 06:55 PM
IMissAremid
Oct 21 2007, 05:43 PM
I don't know what was said that was deleted, but I'll just say that while I thought Thaao's comment about masturbation was kind of outrageous (in a fun way) I didn't see that much cringing on the part of Drake and Deidre over it. It was just kind of ohnohedidn't! IMO and I mean all of them have been friends for years so I doubt that is even anywhere near the most outrageous thing they've heard Thaao say.

I also don't think you can deduce anything about Thaao's real-life "perviness" from his use of the word masturbation there simply talking about the odd experience of acting opposite himself as Tony and Andre. I actually thought his description made a lot of sense, however vulgar or inappropriate it may be to some people's sensibilities.

I welcome the mods to repost it if they can and explain to me what I said to get it deleted.

I said that I heard from a Thaao fan who met him on Friday at the Hollywood Film Festival that was showing his movie, "The Mirror" that Thaao is shy and blushes easily. He also says provocative things to shock people because he thinks it's funny.

I also said that Drake was pretty naughty during the radio interview. I didn't realize he was that naughty, and I liked it! LOL I said I wished John was more like Drake.

So, are you offended by anything I said? LOL

BTW, I don't get either how anyone can call someone a "pervert" because he was making an analogy between swordfighting with himself and masturbation. To me, the DH's thought he was funny. Thaao's known Dee for 26 years, they are very good friends. I'm sure she's heard worse from him. LOL :smooch:

Oh, it wasn't just that comment. I meant pervert lovingly. Note that I said in the "not illegal" way. So I'm not damaging his reputation. I just get the feeling that he's REALLY sexually active. I mean, to first call the sword fight like masturbation, and then to hear about the things I heard two years ago during the SSK interviews he did. (We do remember the comments he made about female cast members, right?)

That's all I meant. I've never seen a cast member so sexually outspoken.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Oct 21 2007, 10:46 PM
I've never seen a cast member so sexually outspoken.

I don't see how that makes him a pervert? :huh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, and hooch? I wasn't bashing Thaao. I like the guy. Think he's a great actor. Perhaps my description of him was not to your liking, but I wasn't being mean-spirited. That's just how I talk sometimes. And note, again, that I mentioned, in a not-illegal way. So it really just means that I, judging from his past interviews about female cast members, this "masturbation" comment and other rumors around the net, wondered if he had a higher-than-normal libido. Didn't meant anything outlawed or deviant on his part.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 21 2007, 10:48 PM
JERSoapsFan

Never said he was a pervert. I was using the colloquial sense of the word, "perv," which, with how my friends speak, is much different. Clearly you didn't get it, nor did hooch. And I'm not saying you should have. It's probably a regional or even "clique" thing. But I love Thaao and admire his work. Never would have called him, formally, something deviant.
Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Kenny
Oct 21 2007, 10:32 PM
hoochielicious
Naughty Eskimo

I have no clue what y'all are talking about, but IMO, there's no possible way of "stealing" clips from the internet that are already free.

If I uploaded clips to a website and someone wanted to download them and use them in whatever way they see fit, it's totally fair. If people don't want their material "stolen," then don't post it on the internet. Those who whine about it always crack me up, as if they paid for the clips themselves.

They did buy the tapes and went to the trouble of putting them up. They just want a credit for the clips. That's all. A "Thank You" would be nice too.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

King
Oct 21 2007, 10:37 PM
hoochie, no posts were deleted from this thread today or yesterday by any staff or any members (who can delete their own posts.)

Maybe I did it wrong, but I know I posted one. I sure as heck didn't delete it myself.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Rhiannon
Oct 21 2007, 10:42 PM
hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 10:27 PM
Naughty Eskimo

If your the "messenger", I'd like to know who the person is who sent you to deliver this message; and why that person couldn't do it themselves. This thread has gone way off topic due to you talking about clips being stolen from another board all together, and then when questioned further you say that you don't know who and that your only the "messenger". This isn't making sense at all, if this is a problem on the other board that you spoke of then it should be handled there........

I guess some of the perps are members here.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

JERSoapsFan
hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 06:55 PM
IMissAremid
Oct 21 2007, 05:43 PM
I don't know what was said that was deleted, but I'll just say that while I thought Thaao's comment about masturbation was kind of outrageous (in a fun way) I didn't see that much cringing on the part of Drake and Deidre over it. It was just kind of ohnohedidn't! IMO and I mean all of them have been friends for years so I doubt that is even anywhere near the most outrageous thing they've heard Thaao say.

I also don't think you can deduce anything about Thaao's real-life "perviness" from his use of the word masturbation there simply talking about the odd experience of acting opposite himself as Tony and Andre. I actually thought his description made a lot of sense, however vulgar or inappropriate it may be to some people's sensibilities.

I welcome the mods to repost it if they can and explain to me what I said to get it deleted.

I said that I heard from a Thaao fan who met him on Friday at the Hollywood Film Festival that was showing his movie, "The Mirror" that Thaao is shy and blushes easily. He also says provocative things to shock people because he thinks it's funny.

I also said that Drake was pretty naughty during the radio interview. I didn't realize he was that naughty, and I liked it! LOL I said I wished John was more like Drake.

So, are you offended by anything I said? LOL

BTW, I don't get either how anyone can call someone a "pervert" because he was making an analogy between swordfighting with himself and masturbation. To me, the DH's thought he was funny. Thaao's known Dee for 26 years, they are very good friends. I'm sure she's heard worse from him. LOL :smooch:

Oh, it wasn't just that comment. I meant pervert lovingly. Note that I said in the "not illegal" way. So I'm not damaging his reputation. I just get the feeling that he's REALLY sexually active. I mean, to first call the sword fight like masturbation, and then to hear about the things I heard two years ago during the SSK interviews he did. (We do remember the comments he made about female cast members, right?)

That's all I meant. I've never seen a cast member so sexually outspoken.

So you meant he has orgies in a nice way? :bs:

BTW, when it comes to translations of interviews from overseas, you might want to consider who is doing the translating. I wasn't following the show online then, but I heard that Thaao haters were putting out false translations.

I've read tons of Thaao interviews. He's never been explicit about any woman let alone a cast member. Yeah, he talks about sex because he thinks its funny.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 21 2007, 10:48 PM
JERSoapsFan

I agree. There's a difference between being sexually active and having orgies.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

JERSoapsFan
Oct 21 2007, 10:50 PM
Oh, and hooch? I wasn't bashing Thaao. I like the guy. Think he's a great actor. Perhaps my description of him was not to your liking, but I wasn't being mean-spirited. That's just how I talk sometimes. And note, again, that I mentioned, in a not-illegal way. So it really just means that I, judging from his past interviews about female cast members, this "masturbation" comment and other rumors around the net, wondered if he had a higher-than-normal libido. Didn't meant anything outlawed or deviant on his part.

pervert by definition is deviant. Maybe the problem is, that you don't know what the word means.

If that's the way you talk, why don't you give Thaao the same benefit of a doubt? There's rumors about every actor on the show in a sexual way, that doesn't make them true. I have Thaao interviews going back to when he first got on the show, I've never seen him say anything vulgar about an actress. The masturbation comment was an analogy, he wasn't talking about the act. Drake was just as naughty as Thaao, but you are not calling him a pervert.

Thaao likes to shock people. I love that about him. If Thaao's getting laid a lot, good for him. :clap:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Oct 21 2007, 11:39 PM
Kenny
Oct 21 2007, 10:32 PM
hoochielicious
Naughty Eskimo

They did buy the tapes and went to the trouble of putting them up. They just want a credit for the clips. That's all. A "Thank You" would be nice too.

Hoochie, A thank you is nice but you don't always get one. That is the risk you take when you post something on a messageboard. The only way you can try to stop is to have everything you post copyrighted or require a membership fee to your board.

And maybe some of the members who post these videos without giving credit are members are but they have not posted any these clips directly from your site. When things are posted from You Tube we have no idea where they came from. You need to take up the problem with the sites and the members you have a problem with.

Not on our board. I can understand if you have a problem with something being said about Thaao. Address that but drop the tape thing. That is not Daytime Royalty's problem. If you have a problem with a member take it up in PM and not on the board.

No one deleted your post. We have searched the archives and no post from this thread has been deleted.

Let's move on people.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Edited to move on after seeing Steve's post. :lol:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Naughty Eskimo
Oct 21 2007, 06:56 PM
It was just unnecessary on a live talk show.

Would you say it was unnecessary if Deidre said it?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Well, she wouldn't say it, she's snarky and outspoken, and she's said her share of provative things in the past (and she was laughing along with them on the radio) but yes, I would. Look, I'm very open, I didn't find it insulting at all, I found it just unnecessary to say on TV. Radio is different. He said something similar on radio, I had no problem with that. They were joking around, being buds and talking about their characters crazy storylines. No problem with it.

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I agree with everything Deidre says. We happen to share similar views on a lot of things, but if I disagree, I'm not afraid to say so.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Naughty Eskimo
Oct 22 2007, 12:48 PM
Well, she wouldn't say it, she's snarky and outspoken, and she's said her share of provative things in the past (and she was laughing along with them on the radio) but yes, I would. Look, I'm very open, I didn't find it insulting at all, I found it just unnecessary to say on TV. Radio is different. He said something similar on radio, I had no problem with that. They were joking around, being buds and talking about their characters crazy storylines. No problem with it.

Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I agree with everything Deidre says. We happen to share similar views on a lot of things, but if I disagree, I'm not afraid to say so.

Radio is not different. Since it's just words it dosn't matter if it's TV or Radio.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply