Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Clips from the Australian TV Interview; Hall, Hogestyn, Penghlis
Topic Started: Oct 19 2007, 04:12 PM (2,838 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Good god, I'm not saying I was offended by it. I wasen't. I said I feel it was "unnecessary" to say on a live TV talk show. Maybe it's the country I live in, but IMO, when you're a guest on a talk show, you follow the host' way and she obviously wasen't comfortable with the comment. That's how radio is different... Here, radio is freer, while if you're on a talk show, you show respect to the host by following what they're comfortable with since it's their show.

I've heard Thaao make dirty comments too many times to count, I know he's "human". Not. The. Point. The point is that different settings call for different behaviour. I enjoyed their radio interview as much as everyone (maybe more, because I have that same sarcastic, raunchy humor), but it was also a completely different atmosphere.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linn to me it doesn't matter if you did have a problem with it or was offended by it. That is your right. No one should question you or accuse you of hypocrisy for doing it. We all have a right to our opinions.

That is the goal of the DR. To give people a place to talk about soaps. To express their opinions in an open forum. Free to act as adults. Without resorting to name calling and other such like.

No one should be called names or ridiculed or be made to feel bad for the way they feel.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jiggs
Oct 27 2007, 12:36 PM
The masturbation comment was meant to be serious, not a joke, I think. When Deidre, Drake and K-A started laughing and joking about it, finally Thaao said, "Let me finish..." He kind of looked a little miffed to me, like his entire point was being lost. He wasn't making a joke, like Drake was making dirty jokes on the radio. That's how I saw it anyway. It was a bit cringe worthy, but ended up being pretty funny, IMO.

I swear, I'm so damn intrigued by these controversial comments of Drake's. I'm dying to hear them! They sound HOT! Someone please, link me! Let's not just talk about it around those not in the know. You're teasing me! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SteveFrame
Oct 27 2007, 03:14 PM
For me I think he was just basically comparing the situation of acting by himself with having sex by yourself.

Personally I found nothing wrong with it, but I respect that some do. For me when I hear the stars say stuff like this it makes them more human for me. I admit that I don't get offended easily, but at the same time I don't hold stars up on a pedestal either. I am not saying anyone here does, but I do know many that do. And I don't hold them to any higher standard than anyone else. They aren't gods and they shouldn't be treated like them. They fart, burp, have wicked thoughts, and put their pants on one leg at a time just like I do.

When they make these type of comments, it brings that home for me and just makes them seem more real. It also makes me feel better about some of the shit I say sometimes. LOL

Drake has always had a wicked sense of humor. His pranks have been the subject of interviews and articles almost since he started. I remember Christie Clark once talking to Daytime TV about some of his pranks and how she got him back once. She baked him some brownies and laced them with fart powder. She said he had lots of scenes that day and trying to work while loaded up with gas was very hard for him. The mag said Drake was a very good sport about it.

I don't know I just love these things about them, and love knowing they aren't full of themselves. It's good to know they know how to have fun.

Oh.

my.

God.

I don't care WHAT Drake did to her, it is MORALLY WRONG to do what she did to him. That's messing with his fucking health.

Hey, Christie! I once thought VERY highly of you. Guess what, though?

You DRUGGED a man. That's right, girl.

And you are OFFICIALLY on my shitlist for it.

BITCH!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SteveFrame
Oct 27 2007, 03:14 PM
For me I think he was just basically comparing the situation of acting by himself with having sex by yourself.

Personally I found nothing wrong with it, but I respect that some do. For me when I hear the stars say stuff like this it makes them more human for me. I admit that I don't get offended easily, but at the same time I don't hold stars up on a pedestal either. I am not saying anyone here does, but I do know many that do. And I don't hold them to any higher standard than anyone else. They aren't gods and they shouldn't be treated like them. They fart, burp, have wicked thoughts, and put their pants on one leg at a time just like I do.

When they make these type of comments, it brings that home for me and just makes them seem more real. It also makes me feel better about some of the shit I say sometimes. LOL

Drake has always had a wicked sense of humor. His pranks have been the subject of interviews and articles almost since he started. I remember Christie Clark once talking to Daytime TV about some of his pranks and how she got him back once. She baked him some brownies and laced them with fart powder. She said he had lots of scenes that day and trying to work while loaded up with gas was very hard for him. The mag said Drake was a very good sport about it.

I don't know I just love these things about them, and love knowing they aren't full of themselves. It's good to know they know how to have fun.

Doesn't make them more human in that sense. She could have easily laced the brownies with poison. That's what scares me when I hear things like this.

No, it makes her LESS human, MORE evil!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

LOL!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I am intrigued with the fart powder story.

I mean which came first? The fart powder brownies or Drake being accused of just smelled a fart acting?

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh JSF get over it man. It was a joke - a silly prank. I'm sure if Drake could let it go and laugh about it, you can.

I'm just glad they all have a good sense of humor.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SteveFrame
Oct 28 2007, 10:55 AM
Oh JSF get over it man. It was a joke - a silly prank. I'm sure if Drake could let it go and laugh about it, you can.

See, I can't get over that. Because it really scares me. I mean, if someone did that to me, I would honestly hate them forever. And hell, couldn't you even press charges for that sort of thing? I'm sorry but I take it VERY seriously when someone secretly INGESTS me with something that could just as easily had been POISON. It really scares you because it reminds you of mortality and vulnerability.

No one's going to change my position on this, sorry. But frankly, I'm shocked that no one else is creeped out by this, especially in our overly politically correct world.

Make no mistake, in today's world, this is POISON.

I'd love to see Clarke try that shit in the new millennium. Bitch would have the police on her ass so fast!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

:lol:

Jonatha

JERSoapsFan
Oct 28 2007, 02:34 PM
SteveFrame

See, I can't get over that. Because it really scares me. I mean, if someone did that to me, I would honestly hate them forever. And hell, couldn't you even press charges for that sort of thing? I'm sorry but I take it VERY seriously when someone secretly INGESTS me with something that could just as easily had been POISON. It really scares you because it reminds you of mortality and vulnerability.

No one's going to change my position on this, sorry. But frankly, I'm shocked that no one else is creeped out by this, especially in our overly politically correct world.

I'd love to see Clarke try that shit in the new millennium. Bitch would have the police on her ass so fast!

JSF, enough already. Christie didn't poison Drake. The ingredients in farting powder are licorice and glucose. We all ingest those ingredients in one way or another. You are starting to sound a bit paranoid. Lighten up.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Oct 28 2007, 03:34 PM

You are afraid of ingesting farting powder, but not afraid of going to orgy parties of people you meet online?

oy vey :unsure:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jonatha
Oct 28 2007, 02:59 PM
JERSoapsFan
SteveFrame

JSF, enough already. Christie didn't poison Drake. The ingredients in farting powder are licorice and glucose. We all ingest those ingredients in one way or another. You are starting to sound a bit paranoid. Lighten up.

I don't mean to be a prude or sound paranoid (and in truth, I am a bit paranoid -- well, a lot paranoid, which is ironic considering Rick's half-point in the next post).

My thinking is this: Don't drug me in any way shape or form, because if you put something in my drink, in my cake, in anything, frankly? I'll never trust you again. Because that suggests you have the ability and thought process to drug me or force me to ingest something I otherwise wouldn't. And that could mean that I'd be extra paranoid in the future of other people, thinking they could have easily spiked a drink or put roofies or other drugs in my servings.

The thing is, I watch "Passions." I see someone try to kill Sheridan with acid in her drink (circa 2000). So now I'm alert to those things. If I go to a restaurant, honestly? I'll dip my finger in there to make sure it's not acid, before drinking it. We live in a crazy world. And I'm in the media, which means some people could want vengeance for something I've done on the clock. :lol:

Remember "American Pie?" How Stiffler got the cum-laced drink and drank it, accidentally? That taught me to pour my own drink at parties with people of questionable character (meaning, through a friend of a friend, as opposed to a friend).

Life brings with it lessons. Many, fortunately, can be learned on TV. See the precautions I've made, taking a cue from TV and film?

The point is, don't take chances. And if I were Drake, okay, maybe I could forgive her. But what if, down the line, I pissed her off for some reason? It happens in every work place, you know. My point is, I would be nice to her face but I wouldn't accept anything she gave me, ever again.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Oct 28 2007, 03:03 PM
JERSoapsFan
Oct 28 2007, 03:34 PM

You are afraid of ingesting farting powder, but not afraid of going to orgy parties of people you meet online?

oy vey :unsure:

Never did orgies, lol. Just one-on-one. And I made sure they lived in posh residences in the right side of town before going. I see your point, but it's a little different.

One thing's certain: I didn't accept a drink or food or anything during my playtime. Just the main course: flesh! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I can't breathe! :lol:

Jonatha

JERSoapsFan
Oct 28 2007, 04:12 PM
Jonatha
Oct 28 2007, 02:59 PM
JERSoapsFan
SteveFrame

I don't mean to be a prude or sound paranoid (and in truth, I am a bit paranoid -- well, a lot paranoid, which is ironic considering Rick's half-point in the next post).

My thinking is this: Don't drug me in any way shape or form, because if you put something in my drink, in my cake, in anything, frankly? I'll never trust you again. Because that suggests you have the ability and thought process to drug me or force me to ingest something I otherwise wouldn't. And that could mean that I'd be extra paranoid in the future of other people, thinking they could have easily spiked a drink or put roofies or other drugs in my servings.

The thing is, I watch "Passions." I see someone try to kill Sheridan with acid in her drink (circa 2000). So now I'm alert to those things. If I go to a restaurant, honestly? I'll dip my finger in there to make sure it's not acid, before drinking it. We live in a crazy world. And I'm in the media, which means some people could want vengeance for something I've done on the clock. :lol:

Remember "American Pie?" How Stiffler got the cum-laced drink and drank it, accidentally? That taught me to pour my own drink at parties with people of questionable character (meaning, through a friend of a friend, as opposed to a friend).

Life brings with it lessons. Many, fortunately, can be learned on TV. See the precautions I've made, taking a cue from TV and film?

The point is, don't take chances. And if I were Drake, okay, maybe I could forgive her. But what if, down the line, I pissed her off for some reason? It happens in every work place, you know. My point is, I would be nice to her face but I wouldn't accept anything she gave me, ever again.

JSF, I think you've made your point about how you feel and why. I just think it's time to move on from it. Can we do that?

Deleted User
Deleted User

That's fair. I just don't see why you're making an issue of my passionate beliefs. Perhaps you don't agree with them but I ask that you not silence them. But for the record, I feel the last post satisfied how much I wished to say on the matter. Previous versions skew my view and would easily be taken out of context.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply