Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumors on Drake's return; I hope it's true
Topic Started: Oct 21 2007, 08:30 PM (2,924 Views)
Syria2
Unregistered

Salem_Stud's Post

Well, a little birdie gave me the following scoop...

Drake Hogestyn will return to Days of our lives in January 2008. However, Drake will no longer be playing the role of John Black.

Instead, Drake will be playing a new role on the soap opera. The name of his character is Russell McCallister, though the name could change a million times. Eventually, it will be revealed that Russell has a connection to John, though Russell never knew it.

Drake's new character will have a family on the show and they begin appearing during November sweeps. Russell's wife, Annie, is a professor at the university. Their teenage son is Gadge.

My source revealed that this is story plot is the first real collaboration between Ed Scott, Ken Corday, and Hogan Sheffer. The casting of Gadge has just began, but that the soap has narrowed the casting of Annie down to three actresses: Jensen Buchanan (ex- Melissa, GH/Vick, AW), Shell Danielson (ex-Dominique, GH/Laken, SB), and Susan Walters (ex-Y & R, ex-Loving).

In the story, Annie and Gadge come to Salem to find a house and for Annie to settle into her new position at the college while Russell wraps up the selling of their home in St. Paul. Gadge and Will become friends, and Annie has Belle as one of her students. Annie also befriends Lexie. At a party, with the majority of cast in attendance, Russell sneaks in to surprise his wife..but shocks all of Salem, including Marlena instead.

What do you think??
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

God, I hope this isn't true. Days already has a horrible history of actors coming back and playing completely different roles. The new character will never measure up to John Black's legacy and they should just leave it at that. This storyline, if true, will piss off so many.

And a whole new family? The last thing Days needs is an influx of new characters. Especially when the show doesn't even utilize many of its contract players.

However, I don't think this is true (Hopefully!).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I am sick of look-a-likes. Though the ball thing sounds really cool and very soapy. I think these ideas are coming from the over zealous John fans that will come up with any crazy plot and post it online.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I don't think I would like this very much if true.

King
Member Avatar

It sounds like something Hoagie would do, and I believed it until the actresses for Annie. I don't think Drake would sign a new contract unless he was playing John (Or Roman.)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Well they gave the son a really stupid sounding name... Gadge... which leads me to think this could be legit. LOL.

King
Member Avatar

I know. It really sounds very Hoagie-ish.

Maybe Russell will be John Black, and he, Anna, and Gadge are all ISA. LOL.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This would be pretty stupid to do if true, if they could keep Drake on as a new character then one would have to question why they couldn't keep him on the show as John.......

Tammy
Member Avatar

If they really want to kill this show for a large fan base such as J&M THIS would be the way to do it. That sounds just horrid... and honestly quite stupid <_<

Mason

I really wouldn't be surprised, to tell the truth.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

No.

It's not a bad story, & the party could be awesome (I need to see a big, fun gathering with people all dressed up) imho, but it's a bad story for Days at this time with those characters and this actor.

I mean, when Hope came back as Gina (for awhile, anyway) it was a few years later, right? There were bigger consequences because people in Salem had sort of moved on with life. Bringing Drake back as some new guy (for awhile anyway) this soon wouldn't have the same impact.

So: I really hope this doesn't happen. Though I kind of believe it to be true. Any reports that he's been let go?

Mason

px780
Oct 21 2007, 09:17 PM
Any reports that he's been let go?

There's been no confirmation of that from TPTB, which is one thing that certainly leads me to believe that there might be some truth to this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't think I like the idea of Drake playing a new character. I want him back as John, and only as John. However, if this were some huge ISA ruse, then I think I could really give into the idea. However, how old is this child? And would they really involve a child under 18 to be part of an ISA mission?

jcar03
Member Avatar

King
Oct 21 2007, 08:49 PM
It sounds like something Hoagie would do, and I believed it until the actresses for Annie. I don't think Drake would sign a new contract unless he was playing John (Or Roman.)

Unless he is still under contract to them. I remember back in January it was reported he had resigned a multi year deal of course the studios never confirm this kinda stuff with the length and what not. If that was true they can make him play who ever.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I dont buy it. Well-detailed rumors like this rarely turn out to be true.

Mason

I don't think the specifics of the rumor are true, but I think the concept of Drake playing a new character could very well be.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I think the J&M fans would turn in to it to since they have all pledged war on the show and are picketing tomorrow. I want John to stay dead and I really don't need any look alikes.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think it sounds like a bit, fat load. As mentioned above, spumors with this much detail very rarely ever come true, because in most cases, not even the writers know with complete certainty how everything will go down that far ahead, IMO.

They would never kill off John Black just to bring Drake back as a 'new' character. He's too well-known and popular in the role of John Black, and none of the viewers would ever adjust to the change.

However, the scene of "Russell" walking into the party to surprise his wife as all of Salem (including Marlena) stares in shock sounds like a FABULOUS Friday cliffhanger! LoL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hmmm, I don't see this happening either.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think the premise sounds bad but for Drake, who is so recognizable in the roles of John and Roman, to become a character with no connection to the canvas and for a whole new family to come to Salem...it all seems like a bad move.

The story sounds ok and the party sounds great but I think this is too big a risk.

I do think John may be dead and Drake could be returning as someone else but nothing like this. I also think we could see an ISA ruse where John is alive. I wonder if Drake's status depends on the writer's strike and how much Days may have to shell out in the event of a Hogan pay raise.

This is far too detailed to be true, like others said.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply