Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"The Devil Made Me Do It: Marlena's Possession!"; SoapNet's DAYS Halloween Marathon...
Topic Started: Oct 22 2007, 03:31 AM (4,327 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Just a reminder to everyone... it airs this coming weekend!

Posted Image

On October 28th, celebrate Halloween with one of the most devilish storylines in daytime drama history when SOAPnet premieres its Halloween special “The Devil Made Me Do It” on Sunday, October 28 at 9 PM – Midnight ET/PT. Re-live the shock, horror and excitement as the beloved character Dr. Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall) becomes a possessed evil doer on “Days of our Lives.”

During the three hour special, SOAPnet will revisit the pivotal episodes that have marked Marlena as the doting doctor who becomes the object of Salem’s own witch hunt. The episodes will highlight her evil behavior that included setting a church on fire, morphing into a powerful panther and levitating.

The episodes are as follows...

9PM Episode #1995-7528 (Aired 5/12/95) - Kristen is onto MarDevil, who turns herself into a panther and also summons a swarm of killer bees to sting Shawn.

10PM Episode #1995-7531 (Aired 5/17/95) - Marlena acts bitchy to her loved ones, as she levitates and speaks in a demonic voice. Diagnosis? Exorcism, STAT!

11PM Episode #1995-7570 (Aired 7/18/95) - Everyone in Salem thinks Marlena's dead, but John fights Satan for his true love's soul and saves her life.

Here's the page that SOAPnet has set up, dedicated to the marathon.

The Devil Made Me Do It: Marlena's Possession!

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uxZsQqqgjs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uxZsQqqgjs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

Here's a transcript the promo that's airing on SOAPnet. I hooked up my webcam and took some really bad quality pictures of the TV screen, since I don't have all those fancy-schmancy screencap capabilities, LoL!

"In honor of Halloween..."

Posted Image

STEFANO: "We have to do something to help her!"

Posted Image

"SoapNet's un-earthing an urban legend..."

Posted Image

Posted Image

KRISTEN: "I have a feeling that the worst is yet to come."

Posted Image

We see shots of Marlena rolling around and levitating above her bed as Stefano/Kristen watch in shock.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"...so unreal..."

We see Caroline, Alice and Mike standing inside St. Luke's as it rains fire outside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CAROLINE: "Please don't let it be evil!"

Posted Image

"You'll have to see it to believe it!"

We see Marlena levitating above her bed, once again. Then, we see the panther in the park attacking the three Biblical scholars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then, we see John and Marlena fighting in the morgue. She's choking John as she says, "It's time... for you to die."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Watch the DAYS event that shook viewers to their core!"

We see more flashes of MarDevil... thrashing around in bed, choking John, choking Kristen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The Devil Made Me Do It: Marlena's Possession!"

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Philou
Member Avatar

you are very lucky us citizen :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

This is, quite possibly, my favorite scene from the entire storyline. Kristen slaps the contact out of Marlena's eye and the truth is revealed!

It ranks right up there with the scene in the Kiriakis garden on the night of the full moon where MarDevil says, "Don't take me on, Kristen. You won't like it... and you won't win."

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xtd7wdWTMkA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xtd7wdWTMkA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Some of those pics are freaky.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

God I miss Kristen. :( This sl was so funny to me.I must confess though that I was glued to the tv.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'll be right back. I need new boxers after seeing that. :lol:

jcar03
Member Avatar

Why did I think this was going to be on October 27th! I'll already be back at school. Dang it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Eeeeeeeee! I can't wait. I only wish in addition to these episodes I got to see the one where MarDevil turns into a demon and throws Stefano off her balcony.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

I am so f'ing excited to see these episodes again. Wooooo hooooo! Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

I really can't forget about this. I know I will. This needs to be setup on my TIVO immediately before I forget!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jason4's site lists the first two episodes differently than the SOAPnet website does, but the last episode of the marathon matches. Here's a list of actors and actresses appearing in the final episode, at least.

I'm stoked for Eileen Davidson! I believe she's actually in all three episodes of the marathon. I'm also excited to see Kristian Alfonso as "Gina," Louise Sorel and Ivan G'Vera as Vivian and Ivan, and young Ali Sweeney/Christie Clark as Sami and Carrie.

7/18/95 Episode Cast: Kristian Alfonso (Gina), John Aniston (Victor), Christie Clark (Carrie), John Clarke (Mickey), Roark Critchlow (Mike), Eileen Davidson (Kristen), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), Ivan G'Vera (Ivan), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), Robert Kelker-Kelly (Bo), Peggy McCay (Caroline), Frank Parker (Shawn), Austin Peck (Austin), Frances Reid (Alice), Lisa Rinna (Billie), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Louise Sorel (Vivian), Alison Sweeney (Sami), Mark Valley (Jack), Scott Groff (Shawn Douglas), Michael O'Neill (Father Jansen), Tara Reid (Ashley), Mark Colson (Gabe), Jon Bruno (Mr. Russo), Bruce Kirby (John Panetta), (Janie), (Nurse), (Cop).

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

BUMP for MarDevil anticipation.

Kenny
Member Avatar

YES! This airs tomorrow! I know it's in celebration of Halloween, but it feels like a Christmas treat to me! LoL

I think it comes on both from 9 - 12 AM and then 9 - 12Midnight.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 27 2007, 03:23 AM
YES! This airs tomorrow! I know it's in celebration of Halloween, but it feels like a Christmas treat to me! LoL

Oooooh. I can't wait. And thanks for putting up the cast list, Kenny. Like (I think) I said either here or some other place, as much as I am excited for the possession stuff I'm equally excited at seeing what all the other mid-90s characters are up to. I liked the Gina storyline and will be so thrilled to see Vivian and Ivan again. Eeeeeeeeee!

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL We'll be seeing Tara Reid during her little DAYS stint!

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 27 2007, 03:23 AM

I wish it was, Kenny! When I checked Sunday's Soapnet schedule this morning on my Tivo, the marathon only showed up in the 9pm-12am timeslot. Son of a bitch! That cuts into both Dexter and Brothers & Sisters for me. :o

Ah, well, I can record B&S on my regular cable tuner while the 10pm Possession episode is recording on the digital tuner, but Showtime and Soapnet are both digital cable channels. MarDevil or Dexter? Why must I choose? Damn it, I look forward to seeing Dexter at 9pm on Sunday all week long. LMAO Excuse my whining. Obviously, the chance to get three high-quality digital recordings from the Possession of Marlena s/l is just too good to pass up. This marathon is too important to miss. It takes precedence, so I will just have to wait and record one of the re-airings of Dexter on Monday. ;)

Oh boy. I can't wait to see these three episodes again tomorrow night. I'm thrilled at the opportunity to get three high-quality digital recordings from the Possession of Marlena storyline. I'm especially excited to see Vivian and Kristen again. I loved Days of Our Lives in the '90s. This is gonna be so fucking awesome. Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 27 2007, 03:52 AM
LoL We'll be seeing Tara Reid during her little DAYS stint!

Hahahahahahaa.

OMG. I almost forgot about that.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

A reminder, less than a hour to go before it starts!

Ridge
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 22 2007, 06:29 AM
This is, quite possibly, my favorite scene from the entire storyline. Marlena slaps the contact out of Marlena's eye and the truth is revealed!

It ranks right up there with the scene in the Kiriakis garden on the night of the full moon where MarDevil says, "Don't take me on, Kristen. You won't like it... and you won't win."

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xtd7wdWTMkA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xtd7wdWTMkA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

Kenny that is one of my favorite cliffhangers ever too. I loved it, mostly because it aired mid week! It was a Wednesday (or Tuesday or something) cliffhanger rather than a Friday... back in those days every day was miss a day miss a lot and story line climaxes occured very often.

GuidingAnotherWorld
Member Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this also. I've heard so much about this possession storyline but haven't seen any episodes from it yet, so I personally cannot wait. And it's nice to see it from a nostalgic point of view. It looks like a lot of fun!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply