Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Nathaniel Marston arrested
Topic Started: Oct 22 2007, 07:11 AM (746 Views)
Jonatha

Source: New York Daily News

BY TINA MOORE, ETHAN ROUEN and BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Monday, October 22nd 2007, 4:00 AM

A soap opera star who plays a doctor on "One Life to Live" ended up in a real hospital after allegedly attacking three people in midtown and brawling with city cops.

Nathaniel Marston, 32, who plays Dr.Michael McBain on the ABC soap, assaulted his victims with a crate, breaking one man's leg Sunday in the 4:50 a.m. incident at 45th St. and 10th Ave., cops said.

Police said the 6-foot-3 actor appeared to be under the influence of narcotics, possibly cocaine, when they were called to the scene. Marston, a former amateur boxer, began flailing his arms and kicking at officers as they went to arrest him, officials said.

"I don't want to talk to you, and please don't ever come to my home," Marston told the Daily News Sunday after his release from Bellevue Hospital.

He answered the door of his midtown apartment bare-chested, sporting a fresh bruise over his left eye.

Marston was charged with two counts each of felony assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon as well as one count of resisting arrest. He was taken to Bellevue, where he was labeled an emotionally disturbed person, police said.

Salvatore Cabibbo was having a cup of coffee when, he said, Marston hopped out of a taxi and started arguing with the driver.

Shouting "I'm going to get you," Marston inexplicably charged at Cabibbo swinging the metal crate.

"He was crazed - I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall," said Cabibbo, 46. "I've never seen anything like that."

The raging Marston struck a glancing blow to Cabibbo, he said, then kept on running into a gas station nearby, almost getting hit as he dashed into traffic on 10th Ave.

A source said Marston has been an emotional wreck in recent days, and last week his behavior led to a blowup on the set of "One Life to Live."

He has admitted to anger problems in the past that stem from a childhood learning disability. "I was the kid who'd sit there in class, real quiet, didn't scream or yell until someone would mess with me. And then I'd explode: boom! It was fierce and violent," Marston said in a 2003 interview with Soap Opera Weekly.

The actor was arrested in October 1999 on criminal mischief charges after he punched and damaged an automated-teller machine in Manhattan, police said.

Connecticut-born Marston assumed the role of Dr. Michael McBain in 2001. When he was suddenly fired in July 2003, thousands of fans wrote in protesting his dismissal until ABC rehired him.

"He is definitely going to lose his job. They've given him chance after chance after chance," said Carolyn Hinsey, editor of Soap Opera Weekly and a soap opera columnist for The News
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow.

I think he could easily be fired.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This isn't the first time he's done something like this. He has a history of violent behavior -- boy has anger management issues!

I believe he was arrested in 1999 for attacking and destroying an ATM machine, LoL

Jonatha

KMan101
Oct 22 2007, 07:24 AM
Wow.

I think he could easily be fired.

Somehow, the New York Daily News got this picture of him lying in Bellevue.

Posted Image

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

He also got into a fight with Tom Eplin (ex-Jake, AW/ATWT) at a P&G holiday party in the late 90s. When Eplin was brought on to AW in 1999, Marston was let go within months.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wow. That picture looks awful. I don't see how you can keep an actor on after something like this with his history.

Jonatha

IMissAremid
Oct 22 2007, 03:26 PM
Wow. That picture looks awful. I don't see how you can keep an actor on after something like this with his history.

What's really sad is with the Tommy custody storyline lately, Nathaniel has been doing such a great job. His scenes with Kathy Brier and Michael Easton have been some of the most gut-wrenching I've seen in a long time. It's sad to know he is so screwed up, it's a damned shame and I wish him well.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

He's either crazy or on drugs.

kserox10

Hes crazy!

FIRE HIM!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Q Steph
Oct 22 2007, 04:02 PM
He's either crazy or on drugs.

I think its both.

How did the newspaper get their hands on that picture? He is cleary still in the hospital and I think that has to be some sort of invasion of privacy.

King
Member Avatar

OMG!? I really don't like him as an actor.

But shallow alert: He's 32!? He looks like a boy!

Mason
Member Avatar

I think he must have some kind of mental disorder (perhaps bipolar), and I wouldn't be surprised if it were compounded with some form of substance abuse. He just needs help. At this point, I don't think he has a prayer of keeping his job.

adrianna
Unregistered

Not shocked at all! I work right next door to OLTL and everyone knows he has many issues. Heck, I saw him one day stoned on subway and he just stormed on the cart and didn't wait for people to get off first.

Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Soap opera actor in hospital after allegedly attacking three

BY TINA MOORE, ETHAN ROUEN and BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Monday, October 22nd 2007, 2:54 PM

A soap opera star who plays a doctor on "One Life to Live" ended up in a real hospital after allegedly attacking three people in midtown and brawling with city cops.

Nathaniel Marston, 32, who plays Dr.Michael McBain on the ABC soap, assaulted his victims with a crate, breaking one man's leg Sunday in the 4:50 a.m. incident at 45th St. and 10th Ave., cops said.

Police said the 6-foot-3 actor appeared to be under the influence of narcotics, possibly cocaine, when they were called to the scene. Marston, a former amateur boxer, began flailing his arms and kicking at officers as they went to arrest him, officials said.

"I don't want to talk to you, and please don't ever come to my home," Marston told the Daily News Sunday after his release from Bellevue Hospital.

He answered the door of his midtown apartment bare-chested, sporting a fresh bruise over his left eye.

Marston was charged with two counts each of felony assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon as well as one count of resisting arrest. He was taken to Bellevue, where he was labeled an emotionally disturbed person, police said.

Salvatore Cabibbo was having a cup of coffee when, he said, Marston hopped out of a taxi and started arguing with the driver.

Shouting "I'm going to get you," Marston inexplicably charged at Cabibbo swinging the metal crate.

"He was crazed - I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall," said Cabibbo, 46. "I've never seen anything like that."

The raging Marston struck a glancing blow to Cabibbo, he said, then kept on running into a gas station nearby, almost getting hit as he dashed into traffic on 10th Ave.

A source said Marston has been an emotional wreck in recent days, and last week his behavior led to a blowup on the set of "One Life to Live."

He has admitted to anger problems in the past that stem from a childhood learning disability. "I was the kid who'd sit there in class, real quiet, didn't scream or yell until someone would mess with me. And then I'd explode: boom! It was fierce and violent," Marston said in a 2003 interview with Soap Opera Weekly.

The actor was arrested in October 1999 on criminal mischief charges after he punched and damaged an automated-teller machine in Manhattan, police said.

Connecticut-born Marston assumed the role of Dr. Michael McBain in 2001. When he was suddenly fired in July 2003, thousands of fans wrote in protesting his dismissal until ABC rehired him.

"He is definitely going to lose his job. They've given him chance after chance after chance," said Carolyn Hinsey, editor of Soap Opera Weekly and a soap opera columnist for The News.

Source: NY Daily News

[email protected]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file...er_alleg-4.html

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Here's Yahoo's account of it all:

Another Soap Star Sullies Record
By Gina Serpe Today at 2:13 am
Llanview's loss may be Rikers' gain.
One Life to Live star Nathaniel Marston was charged with four felony counts Monday—second-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest—stemming from a weekend brawl in New York that left one man hospitalized and a police officer injured.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Manhattan Criminal Court, the 32-year-old soap hunk attacked three men by swinging a metal crate at them just after 4:30 a.m. Sunday in midtown Manhattan.
It's unclear what prompted the fight, though one of his alleged victims, Salvatore Cabibbo, told the New York Daily News Marston hopped out of a taxi, began arguing with the driver and then, "crazed," began shouting, "I'm going to get you" and ran toward Cabibbo with the crate.
Marston told the New York Post, however, that cops arrested the wrong guy.
"I was attacked by three people," he told the paper, adding that he "was mistakenly taken into custody as the attacker."
The complaint alleges Marston whacked one man on the hand, hit another in the back of the neck, causing bruising and swelling, and sent a third man to the hospital with a broken leg.
When cops arrived, per the report, Marston began flailing his arms, kicking out at officers and refusing to be handcuffed. One officer received medical treatment for a cut hand and bruised knee.
Per the Daily News, cops said Marston, a former amateur boxer, appeared to be under the influence of narcotics when they were called to the scene.
Following the incident, Marston was taken directly to Bellevue Hospital, where he was treated for various cuts and bruises before his Monday arraignment. Judge John Cataldo allowed the actor to be released without bail.
His employers may not let him off so easily.
"We're aware of the incident and are reviewing its details," said Lauri Hogan, a spokeswoman for ABC.
Working against Marston is the Disney-owned network's strict morals clause in its daytime actors' contracts, something that has felled more than one favorite in the past—All My Children's Michael Nader, for one.
Marson isn't a stranger to New York's finest. Back in 1999, he was arrested for punching out an ATM. He was working on CBS' As the World Turns at the time. He joined One Life to Live in 2001 as Al Holden, only to be abruptly fired two years later. However, the actor proved so popular masses of fans were able to petition the network and gain his return. He rejoined the show in 2004 as Dr. Michael McBain.
He's due back in court on Feb. 4.

NikkiSmith

They took him to the hospital. He'll dodge the criminal charges but will be sued for injuries and damages in civil court. Just My Humble Prediction.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply