Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, Oct. 22
Topic Started: Oct 22 2007, 01:03 PM (1,251 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Monday, Oct. 22
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[DOHTML]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x413Q7EjQ0U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x413Q7EjQ0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/DOHTML]
Clip o' the day: Marlena slaps Sami after she says John isn't her father.

DISCUSS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

After watching that slap, and then the clip for the slap this week, Deidre slaps people the same way, no matter what the situation. These slaps also match her slaps to Brady when he called her a whore, and John when she found out he slept with Hope.

"DAMN YOU!"

*brings the right arm all the way back, and SLAP*

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

:wub: Phelle! How fabulous was that. I noticed that Belle commented to Philip that "people change" hope that was a sign. (probably getting my hopes up for nothing though)
I really hope this relationship is explored more. At least give it a chance. With more matured Philip and Belle.

Todays show was good. I am so exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster from last week.

Lighting, direction, acting. Changes are noted.

Days4Life
Unregistered

When Belle and Sami left and Marlena picked up John's shirt, looked at the folded flag, and then picked up the phone, I swear I thought she was getting ready to call John. I was fully prepared for the next scene to be John in some undisclosed location, assuring Marlena that their plan was working out fine! I don't know how long it will take for me to really believe John is dead and not "dead".

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm finding it impossible to like Philip. Truth is, I never have liked him, except for the end of Kyle Brandt's run. I think he's arrogant and selfish and have no respect for anyone who would go after his best friend's fiancee. Kayla is right; he should give up Tyler because he's in no way ready to be a parent, especially to a child who is suffering from a chronic disease. He needs to fix himself--and he doesn't need Belle for that. As for Belle, she needs to get her head straight and figure out once and for all who she wants--and then be honest with herself about it. I'm tired of this triangle!

Once again we get a conversation between Bo and Shawn regarding the dangers of being a police officer. This has to be heading somewhere catastrophic, otherwise what's the point? And we saw that flashing red light again, seeming to signal danger ahead. This is making me a little nervous! I don't want Hope to lose another child.

Finally, those babies are coming. And fast! I hope Sami doesn't deliver the twins on Marlena's beautiful gold sheets!
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

LOL.

Yeah that bed is really beautiful. I am sadly afraid though it will be a casualty of Sami's "litter." I just hope Marlena gets John's flag out of the way of the afterbirth and they don't use it as a swaddling blanket for the twins or something. Hahahaha.

As for the rest of this episode...

I agree with others that it seems like they are dropping huge anvils regarding Shawn's safety on the Salem PD.

Some of the editing of this episode was aesthetically intriguing to me. I liked the cut from the focus on the blinking red light on the pier to the red candle holder at the church. Also liked the cut from Shawn being at the door of the church to Sami coming in the door of Marlena's bedroom.

I still can't figure out what the heck is up with Sami and this DiMarriage of Convenience. Marlena and Belle ask a legitimate question about what she's going to do if EJ forces himself on her and Sami changes the subject and says oh Stefano will die in a year. Ummmmm WHAT?! So are we supposed to take it that she's willing to endure EJ forcing himself on her for a year until Stefano dies or that she doesn't believe EJ will force himself on her because she doesn't feel like he ever has/she thinks he's changed or she would actually enjoy having sex with him but doesn't want them to know that or what? Even though I'm an EJ fan I don't mind Marlena and Belle raising these questions because they are logical. It is annoying however when a few weeks ago Marlena was asking Sami about her feelings for EJ and comparing them to her unwanted feelings for John while married to Roman and now today EJ is a mean mean mean DiMera with no hope of redemption whatsoever. Consistency sure would be nice. But at least today's Marlena is the one that make sense.

This marriage of convenience storyline was something I had high hopes for before, but I don't really now that it's just Lumi angst and another outlet for Brady sanctimony and will probably wind up being a rehash of the Santeen tragedy of DiMera douchebag seducing foolish Brady tramp. At this point it is only serving to make me like Sami less as it gives everyone the chance to bag on EJ some more while Sami comes across as fickle in that we have seen she has feelings for EJ while she's always been proclaiming love for Lucas and/or incredibly stupid in her naivete that the feud will really end by her marrying EJ.

Days4Life, I agree with you on a lot but I can't work up any sympathy for Shawn getting his fiance stolen away from him. It's not like Shawn always respected Phillip's engagement/marriage to Belle so why should Phillip respect his? Further, if he walks in on Phillip and Belle kissing or whatever that still doesn't compare to the hurt that Belle went through when her marriage to Phillip fell apart with the revelation that Claire was Shawn's kid yet Shawn was too busy playing house with a hooker to be there for his alleged soul mate and the little girl he had just learned was his. That's not to say that I disagree with you that Phillip is arrogant and selfish, it's just that I can see those qualities in about everyone on this soap.

I enjoyed the Phelle kiss but I could have enjoyed it more if they weren't using the plain piano version of the Santeen theme as the background music for it. I guess that's just a generic romantic music thing now since they also used it in the John and Marlena montage last week? <_<

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Great clip IMISS! Marlena is sure slap happy. lol

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I really think they are portraying Marlena to be way too strong. She just lost her husband, and we've yet to see her shead many tears. She's worrying about her daughter's problems, and is going on with her life, like everything is okay.

Realistically, I don't even think the strongest women could do that, if they truly loved their husband, the way Marlena supposedly did.

Hopefully, after Sami has her children and Marlena is spending some time to herself, it will all kick in.

If DAYS just throws her into another storyline without giving her a fair amount of grieving time, I know I'll be pissed. I'd like to see them stroll down memory lane.

In today's Canadian episode, I actually saw the chemistry between Belle and Phillip. But, I still dislike the idea of going through that yet again.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I would like to see Marlena sink into a depression. They almost seem to set that up on Friday when she was talking to Belle and was saying all that stuff about being a psychologist and how could she tell people they would get through it etc etc.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I admit there is chemistry with Phelle. But the history is so bad for this pairing that I just can't get behind it. Really I think JKJ would have chemistry with a paper bag.

Philip is a two year old that has to have a temper tantrum to get what he wants. Boo Hoo Hoo Poor Philly Poo. Philip only cares about Philip and what he wants. He was like that in high school and it hasn't changed.

Shawn didn't hook up with Willow until he heard Belle tell Carrie that she wanted nothing to do with Shawn after the miscarriage and he saw Philip with Claire. Shawn was willing to step aside and dropped the custody case. It wasn't until Belle told him that Philip took off that Shawn stepped up to be a father to Claire. And that was because Philly Poo pouted away because Belle couldn't promise that their marriage would work out.

Yes, I am a fan of Shawn. But I can also admit that he has done stupid things in his life and there were many times I wanted to beat him upside of the head. He has been trying to change his ways and make a life for his family. Philip hasn't made it easy and Belle has made him jump through hoops for it. I personally think he deserves better than Belle with the way she has been treating him. Because you know the minute another woman walks by Shawn, Princess Belle will start crying again about what she doesn't have.

Oh and one more thing about Shawn...couldn't miss the big flashing neon foreshadowing signs about something happening to him in the academy or on duty.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Why I am I thinking that Shawn misundertood that convo between Carrie and Belle. I might be confused

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 22 2007, 08:22 PM
Why I am I thinking that Shawn misundertood that convo between Carrie and Belle. I might be confused

You are right. She was talking to Carrie and what Shawn thought he heard was not what Belle was saying. He got upset and decided to drop the paternity thing.
It was Shawn not even clairifing what was said.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 22 2007, 08:22 PM

He did hear only part of the conversation. He heard Belle say that she didn't want anything to do with Shawn anymore. Shawn then left the hospital. He didn't hear Carrie basically told Belle she was emotional and didn't mean it.

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Oct 22 2007, 06:34 PM
Days4Life, I agree with you on a lot but I can't work up any sympathy for Shawn getting his fiance stolen away from him. It's not like Shawn always respected Phillip's engagement/marriage to Belle so why should Phillip respect his? Further, if he walks in on Phillip and Belle kissing or whatever that still doesn't compare to the hurt that Belle went through when her marriage to Phillip fell apart with the revelation that Claire was Shawn's kid yet Shawn was too busy playing house with a hooker to be there for his alleged soul mate and the little girl he had just learned was his. That's not to say that I disagree with you that Phillip is arrogant and selfish, it's just that I can see those qualities in about everyone on this soap.

Oh, I agree with you that Shawn is no better. That's the problem with this triangle--there's really no one to root for. I'm thinking maybe the best solution is just a menage a trois. That way they can all make each other miserable all the time without feeling guilty about any of it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I say let Shawn & Kate become fuck buddies, scrap Phillip altogether and let EJ set his sights on Belle.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 22 2007, 09:33 PM
I say let Shawn & Kate become fuck buddies, scrap Phillip altogether and let EJ set his sights on Belle.

OH I am so already there on the Shate, but I can't abide EJ and Belle. I'm already having a hard enough time figuring out why EJ is supposed to want Sami now that she's been "redeemed" but to have to explain why he'd want Belle now too? And Belle collecting another heart? I'd rather they brought someone new or old to the canvas for EJ.

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 22 2007, 11:08 PM
Kenny

OH I am so already there on the Shate, but I can't abide EJ and Belle. I'm already having a hard enough time figuring out why EJ is supposed to want Sami now that she's been "redeemed" but to have to explain why he'd want Belle now too? And Belle collecting another heart? I'd rather they brought someone new or old to the canvas for EJ.

EJ is a bad boy, but I'm sure he could fall in love with someone who isn't just a bad girl.

However, if he MUST... I think Nicole would be a good match!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Why do they spend all this time at the hospital but when they really need it they can't get there in time?

When was the last time someone had a baby at the hospital?

Belle had her baby at the Church at Brady and Chloe's wedding.
Hope had her baby in a warehouse
Now Sami will have her babies at Marlena's house.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just realized something.

Back when Days sold/got rid of the penthouse set earlier this year, many fans (including myself) were pissed off because we thought it was a tiny hint as to J&M's future on the show.

People kept arguing, "It's JUST a set! Why are you so upset over a SET? It's JUST a set!"

I kept arguing back, "No, it's not JUST a set. It's J&M's home, and they're getting rid of it. That says alot about their future together on this show."

Fast-forward a few months.

Drake is fired, John is dead and Marlena is mourning him in a bedroom we've never even seen before.

Looks like I was right! :P ;)

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TbCqO8-cU4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TbCqO8-cU4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 22 2007, 10:14 PM
IMissAremid
Oct 22 2007, 11:08 PM
Kenny

EJ is a bad boy, but I'm sure he could fall in love with someone who isn't just a bad girl.

However, if he MUST... I think Nicole would be a good match!

Nicole could be fun as long as they let her stay a bad girl (Unfortunately Hogan seems to have a thing for punishing bad girls with sexual assault/harassment to "redeem" them so that worries me). And it could have the side bonus of pissing off Sami and potentially bringing out her bitchy side, which I would enjoy.

JCAR... lol at Sami not having her baby at the hospital after all the time she spent there. That's an excellent point. Too bad the writers didn't even think that warranted a one-liner of a joke when it would have been so appropriate.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good show today.

You could definitely tell that we were seeing leftovers from what was supposed to be on Friday with the early scenes between Shawn/Bo and Steve/Kayla/Philip dominating in the early going, kind of like Marlena's scenes dominated Friday's second half.

Bo/Shawn was nice. It's so obvious something bad is going to happen but classic family moments like this (along with Sami/Belle/Marlena) are what Days is about and is what was missing earlier this year. Loved it and loved the stuff with Ironpants. PR and BB have great father/son chemistry.

MBE and SN were great today. I was LMAO when Steve told Philip to get a pet. I couldn't believe the Mrs. Myers didn't give Steve and Kayla a better apology then that after she put them through hell. The Pocket scenes were sad but Steve and Kayla are in a nice place now and we saw some major growth in Philip, who realized that his major motivation behind finding Tyler was to fill the void left by Belle and Claire. I still don't think this baby story is over but it really moved story along and did some great character work so far.

JKJ and MM were great in that last scene and the music on the show is getting better and better. That last scene was so great with Shawn coming close to walking in. Classic soap and I did see the Phelle chemistry. I honestly have no idea who I am rooting for now.

Loved seeing Marlena tough on Sami, along with Belle who wavered toward the end. It's great seeing all 3 together. Someone mentioned Marlena isn't shedding enough tears. Well, she was shedding tears alot last week, broke down on Friday, and twice today (at least) she began to tear up talking about John or mentioning something in relation to his death. I don't know what else needs to be done LOL.

Good ending with Sami. Can't wait for the babies to finally arrive.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply