Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, Oct. 22
Topic Started: Oct 22 2007, 01:03 PM (1,270 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Good show today! I think something is going to happen to Shawn too since they are focusing on it so much.

I liked the Phelle scenes and can't wait for tomorrow. Just by seeing the little preview clip I can tell that the Phelle sex is WAY hotter than the Shelle sex. I like MM and JKJ together, they have a lot of chemistry.

I liked the Marlena/Sami/Belle scenes too. I am not a big fan of Marlena, but I do like seeing her more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So is today the end of the Pocket storyline????? Are Steve, Kayla and Phillip just giving up???? I really hope not, if so that would be a letdown...I was thinking there would be a big battle for Pocket, with lawyers and court drama...

but i must say the final scene with Steve and Kayla, and Phillip and Belle were very nice done and well acted..Phillip and Belle are smoking hot and i can't wait for them tomorrow..

I was bored with the marlena, sami and belle scenes..And Sami going into labor was stupid..It seemed too rushed..But i guess they wanted a cliffhanger..

cjknick
Member Avatar

Rumors and speculation are flying around that EJ may fall victim to murder or at least attempted murder. Lucas, Marlena and now Kate have threatened to kill EJ and they have people around to hear the threats - possible witnesses. We may be headed for a "who's dunnit" storyline AGAIN ... ugh we don't even know who killed John and now we are going to have who killed EJ?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxed Soul
Oct 22 2007, 07:25 PM
I really think they are portraying Marlena to be way too strong. She just lost her husband, and we've yet to see her shead many tears. She's worrying about her daughter's problems, and is going on with her life, like everything is okay.

Realistically, I don't even think the strongest women could do that, if they truly loved their husband, the way Marlena supposedly did.

Hopefully, after Sami has her children and Marlena is spending some time to herself, it will all kick in.

If DAYS just throws her into another storyline without giving her a fair amount of grieving time, I know I'll be pissed. I'd like to see them stroll down memory lane.

In today's Canadian episode, I actually saw the chemistry between Belle and Phillip. But, I still dislike the idea of going through that yet again.

I agree a little about Marlena. I swear, if we don't see a shot where Marlena looks at her bed and cries a little, (because Sami's in it with her twins), I'll go crazy.

Think about it: this is her MARRIAGE BED. The bed she shared with her husband who just died. And Sami just gave BIRTH in it. Two twins. Life goes on. All the cliches and the irony, etc. That HAS to make Marl emote.
Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Why are you expecting them to show Marlena's grief? She had her week, now its right back where its been the past few years. Sami's show.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Naughty Eskimo
Oct 24 2007, 01:41 AM
Why are you expecting them to show Marlena's grief? She had her week, now its right back where its been the past few years. Sami's show.

AMEN!!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Coincidentally, the show's boring level dropped dramatically when Marlena lead the show last week. I mean, there's something about this show when she's on... the heart is there again.

I'm actually going to make Ken Corday right in something and agree that Deidre sets an example for everyone else that makes the show better. I mean, everyone was at the top of their game last week. Heck, I liked Steve and Kayla for cryin' out loud! I went from not giving a damn about them, to actually appreciating Steve's scene with Marlena and their goodbye to John.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Marlena did show her grief in his episode. She teared up a few times, one time being when she argued with Sami over her marrying EJ.

What do people expect? The woman to break down everyday? She cried enough last week. Some moments of tearing up tossed in with some reflection down the road in a few episodes is enough, especially when John's death is resonating in the stories.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I agree with you Phoenix - When Sami told her that they were naming the boy John Roman you could see the saddness before she smiled.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
Oct 24 2007, 03:43 PM
I agree with you Phoenix - When Sami told her that they were naming the boy John Roman you could see the saddness before she smiled.

Yep. That was Tuesday but we saw similar moments on Monday.

I think people expect it to be big but I appreciate it being subtle and not a "Here I am, look at me" scene. They are writing Marlena through to character and I have yet to see any problem with the way her grief or this story has been portrayed.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

The problem being that its all about Sami again. WHY is Marlena getting to hit EJ now - regarding Sami... where was this well-deserved slap when he shot her husband and stole his kidney? This slap should have come in January. Not now because Sami's entertaining the idea of marrying her rapist.

I don't want Marlena to be all "look at me, I'm grieving"... but I want her to be trying to move on, while seeing John in everything she sees and does. I want her to go to Bo and ask him to help her take down Stefano. I want her to pretend to everyone that everything is fine, while breaking down inside.

Of course, that means focusing on DH, which won't happen, esp now that she's shown exactly why she should be front and center.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 03:41 PM
Marlena did show her grief in his episode.  She teared up a few times, one time being when she argued with Sami over her marrying EJ.

What do people expect? The woman to break down everyday? She cried enough last week.  Some moments of tearing up tossed in with some reflection down the road in a few episodes is enough, especially when John's death is resonating in the stories.

She showed her grief but I feel an undeniable MANDATORY shot had to be the "marriage bed" shot where she sees life go on.

They never showed this KEY shot.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 03:48 PM
jcar03
Oct 24 2007, 03:43 PM

Yep. That was Tuesday but we saw similar moments on Monday.

I think people expect it to be big but I appreciate it being subtle and not a "Here I am, look at me" scene. They are writing Marlena through to character and I have yet to see any problem with the way her grief or this story has been portrayed.

I agree. Except for the lack of the marriage bed shot.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply