Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT General discussion thread; 10/22-10/26
Topic Started: Oct 22 2007, 10:44 PM (427 Views)
oakdalelover

The ATWT talk has died down a lot! Maybe we should do monthly threads?

My favorite scenes today were Jack and Carly and strangely Brad and Katie!
I loved the way Carly is justifying her actions.
It was good to see Tom and Margo today,however short their scenes were.

Holden has decided that Luke will move to the farm with him when Luke gets out of the hospital. Has he talked to Lily about this?

It has been a while since we have seen Cole and Sophie together on the show.I think we may have seen Sophie last week. Maybe Jean is getting the hint we don't like them.

Paul,Rosanna,Meg and Craig were so so to me. Scott Bryce is making it bearable for me.

We have had big changes in the writing staff lately.
It reads like this:

Written By
Jean Passanante

Leah Laiman

Lisa Conner
David A.Levinson
Peter Brash

Courtney Simon

Richard Culliton
Susan Dansby

Christopher Whitesell,Judy Tate and Jeanne Marie Ford have gone in the last few days. Culliton and Dansby are the only scriptwriters now.

Three new writers will be added soon,including Leslie Nipkow from OLTL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I hate the loss of Ford.

I know that my talking about the show has dropped. I have just not been passionate about what has aired lately - well not enough to want to discuss it. I enjoy the show in moments again, but nothing like I was doing a few weeks ago. Strangely I find myself tuning in more when Brad is on than anyone else and that floors me. LOL

The stories are just nothing special right now because they are so cliche ridden. There is nothing original. You already have Will/Gwen bogged down in a baby story; now add Craig/Meg/Paul/Ro with a baby; plus when they are on Cole/Sofie is a baby story. Nuke is bogged down with paralysis and the Carjack quad is bogged down with the belief that Carly is dying.

The stories are just a big clusterfuck right now. If it weren't for loving the show, loving the characters, and appreciating the acting - I would be watching less than I am.

As far as scriptwriters go, I just wonder if ATWT will go the way of GL in January and throw out the scripts. The article I posted yesterday only said GL was doing that but all the other changes the article mentioned are for both shows. I still just can't imagine a soap opera letting the actors adlib everything based on an outline.

P.J.

Boy, I loved that Jack and Katie imploded, but I thought the acting between Mike and Teri was less than impressive. Everything about it seemed overwrought and fake. Jack goes to admit his sin, but can't come up with anything but a lame "it was a goodbye" line of bs? I even had some hope, once Katie started getting her snark on, but then she just whined about how she trusted Jack, yadda yadda.

Then Jack went into his "it'll never happen again. After Carly dies, you can have anything you want, as long as I'm not alone."

Ugh!!! MeanJean...just put a fork in them and call it done! :angry:

oakdalelover

Tuesday

Today was a CarJack-less and Bratie-less day.

I enjoyed the interaction between Faith and Luke about their parents.There is no sign of Faith reverting back to her old ways. I hate it that Jean is doing this to Holden and Lily but at least they have a story.

Paul was going off the deep end today. I thought we were going to have a repeat of Rosanna's accident.
Meg said something(in passing) to the effect that she didn't think she would get pregnant. I guess that is Jean's way of dealing with the fact that Meg at one time couldn't get pregnant. As usual, I enjoyed Craig today.

Tomorrows previews show Emily and she looks good! There is a Nuke scene too!

Winterguy125

I really liked today's show, for the first time in ages The Quad was pretty good, finally Paul had some fire back, Meg was still boring as always though :sleep: . Loved everything Luke today, from the talk with Faith, Telling Holden that he was a jerk, and his scenes with Lily. I think today was the first time since Noah came on that Luke was without him on a show. I am really getting into Dusty and Lily, there chemistry is very good.

Previews looked very good, minus Sofie that is. I agree Emily looked fantastic, and the Nuke scene looked so touching.

As for Monday's show that was also pretty good, it was nicely balanced, and I liked that the mentioned that they had mentions of Luke coming home even though he did not that day. It is things like that, that have been missing lately from the show, details of upcoming things instead of just skipping ahead to it like they have been doing.

I really wish they would go into more detail about what happened to Luke that is really bothering me.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I enjoyed Tuesday's show too. Much more than anything for a week or so. Luke/Faith was good and I am loving the Dusty/Holden/Lily story. It is a story about someone different for awhile. As James said I hate that they are going through it but at least they have a story. The last year or so has been so CarJack/Katie, Gwen/Will, Paul/Craig heavy that anyone else getting story is nice.

As I said before in this thread, I just would love to get some variety in the stories. Too much baby talk lately and just think a few weeks ago they a 4th lady (Katie) wanting to get prenant.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I hardly remember anything about Wednesday's show. It wasn't totally boring but it just was not memorable. Terri Garber was good as usual as Iris and I remember some of the Holden/Dusty stuff, but the rest was just a blur.

I cannot get over how ATWT had so many great shows in a row a few weeks back. Everything seemed to be on fire and some of us were even wondering if JP was gone. I mean balance is still okay. Some new people are getting stories, but the show is just so boring right now. And no one seems happy at all. I mean counter all the doom and gloom and unhappy couples with something happy. Will/Gwen is somewhat happy but not that much - not enough to make up for the rest of the doom and gloom we are getting.

Oh that does remind me of one other scene today that popped in my head - the Henry, Vienna, & Maddie scene at the Diner. I so want Henry away from Vienna. She is ruining him and this diner story with him is pathetic. I have always loved Henry but I so hate him with Vienna.

oakdalelover

OK,I hope Holden and Lily are going to take care of that seperation.I am tired of hearing them constantly talking about it.I will say it again:how long has Holden known Lily? About 20 years?That is about 40 years in soap time! Lily is BEING LILY! She is acting and reacting the way she always has!Holden ought to know that!

Alison saw Chris at the hospital today. She told him she was there with friends. Excuse me Ali but Will is Chris' cousin!He would have known who you were talking about,I think. It would have been nice to have had a conversation between Chris and Bob today.Memo to Chris G and Jean P:Not only is Chris Will'sand Barbara's cousin but Bob is his dad. And oh yes! Meg cannot have children!

Lisa was back today! How nice to see her in person! Ms Fulton has been earning her paycheck lately by doing a voiceover occasionnaly:"On the next As the World Turns....."

It would have been funny if Lisa had came up to Emily today and made a remark that the Lakeview was off limits to Oakdale's answer to the Happy Hooker!

Quote:

I so want Henry away from Vienna. She is ruining him and this diner story with him is pathetic. I have always loved Henry but I so hate him with Vienna.

I totally agree with you Steve. What a waste of Trent Dawson and Henry Coleman!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

James I just co-sign everything you said. I can't put it any better.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Dusty/Alison/Chris & Emily:
It bugs me how....
1) They're back one day and already acting like horny teenagers.
2) Emily's so happy-go-lucky about everything (only cuz she's gettin' some!)
3) I'm assuming that Emily never told Chris about Alison/Dusty because he acted clueless to Dusty's agitation.
4) Dusty automatically assumes that Emily came back to town and wants to give them a 2nd chance. And when he sees Emily with Chris, what does he do? Storms off like an upset little second grader and POUTS!!!
5) I don't like that Emily's rubbing her new romance all in Ali's face, especially since Chris cheated on Ali with Emily, which caused a HUGE rift between Ali and Emily.
6) "Chris, I thought you were in Africa?" Uh...no, but he WAS supposed to be in Philadelphia!
7) Chris looks the same age as Alison!! He looks so friggin' young!!! Grow some facial hair or something!
8) I agree with James. Umm....your dad's on duty and you still can't at least say "Hey, Dad, I'm back"? And then you leave with your ex-fiancee & sister/daughter of your girlfriend instead of going to see your grandma Nancy or your mom Kim??????
9) Alison acts all giddy when she sees Chris. Umm....last time you saw him, you hated him. He was the cause of emotional havoc in your life and when he returns, you stutter like a little giddy airhead?!
10) PARIS? ROMANCE? No, RETARDED! CLICHE!
...ugh!.....

Holden/Lily:
I can see where they are both coming from, but let's face it. PissAnt despises happiness (obviously because she's so miserable in her own life). Martha Byrne looked MARVELOUS today and her scene were pure EMMY MATERIAL!! God, I love that woman! I'd seriously DIE if I ever got the chance to meet her. I wouldn't be able to speak for WEEKS! On another note....your husband is threatening to end your marriage over problems that stem from your relationship with Dusty and yet, what do you do? You walk into the diner, see Dusty, and instead of looking the other way or telling Dusty that you can't talk with him anymore....YOU SIT WITH HIM!!!

Gwen/Will/Barbara:
Baby shmabey. Can't have kids? Good! You're kids yourself-how ya gonna raise one???!!!!! And Gwen's so FREAKING obsessed with becoming pregnant (to make right the horrible first pregnancy experience that she had) that she's brainwashed Will into thinking he wants a child, too!

The New Style
Hate the new lighting and cameras. When Will and Gwen were alone in the hospital, I almost got dizzy! FIRE THE CAMERA MAN WITH ARTHRITIS!! And what the hell's with the lights?! There were streaks all over Lily's face in her diner scenes with Dusty!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Dusty when AMC switched to this. It took them months to get the shakes out. It is better now.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I still hate the new style of filming. It's almost like they zoom into the actor sooooo much that they start to ride the line of "Is the actor in focus? Blurry? Focus? Blurry?"

oakdalelover

Dusty
Oct 25 2007, 03:01 PM
I still hate the new style of filming. It's almost like they zoom into the actor sooooo much that they start to ride the line of "Is the actor in focus? Blurry? Focus? Blurry?"

I may be in the minority but I also hate the short,quick back and forth scenes. I would rather have longer more meaningful scenes.
Maybe they think we have short attention spans.

oakdalelover

On Friday's episode Katie and Jack signed the anulment papers and Katie handed back her wedding ring. OK,I have hated Katie in this but I did feel a little sorry for her.
I can see why Carly is doing this though. Jack knows what he is doing. Carly isn't forcing him in all of this. He could have arranged for a nurse. Also he could go to the hospital on his own and talk to Dr. Evers. If the good doctor would blurt out to Brad about Carly's true condition you know he'd spill it to Jack.
I loved Barbara! I loved how Will and Paul have basically given up and accepted their Mama as she is. Take a note Holden when it comes to Lily. If you don't know what I am talking about see one of my earlier posts,LOL!
I loved Barbara with Meg! To tell you the truth I want Meg gone!I kinda feel sorry for Craig and I can't believe I am typing that!
The adopt a baby story is moving too fast.No sooner are the thoughts out of Will and Gwen's mouth and then the adoption lady is there. It was good to see Linda Cook again.
I am glad they had a farewell scene between Maddie and Gwen and Will.
Now for a little nitpicking:Carly let Parker go to Al's and the farm on his bike . Her house is in Milltown. I believe it has been established that Al's is next to the police station and I believe the farm is in Luther's Corners out in the country in the next county.She tells him to pick up a cookie and some soup at Al's and that it shouldn't take him long to do it!I know,I know! You have to suspend reality when it comes to soaps,LOL!
Today's show was written by new script writer Cheryl Davis.She included historical references in her script like Jennifer and Johnny, Katie's past with Simon and Mike and Will being in the psych ward so that is a good sign that she might be a good addition.

On a personal note: I am loving my new banner!Dusty created it and did a great job as he always does!!!!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The only thing that bugs me about the Carly story James is that yes I can see in a way why Carly is doing it, but in a week or two we are going to be back to square one again when Jack finds out Carly lied. All this started because Carly lied. That's the main reason they broke up in the first place and now we are back to square one. The Snyders as Lucinda said a few weeks are high and mighty so Jack once again will blame Carly and back split up again we go.

And I don't know why but I have the weird feeling we are going to get another baby out of this. Katie or Carly one is going to end up pregnant.

And I have seen spoilers at another site James. Not to say anything but something you predicted back several months ago is going to happen.

P.J.

The only point I dispute is that all of this started because of Carly's lies. Nuh uh---this started because Carly got ill. What sucks is he now has yet another built in excuse to deny his feelings. At least, I suspect, until Carly's next crisis.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

P. J. I understand that but for me the final straw for Jack was when Carly lied to protect Jack when she was investigating the gambling ring and working as the waitress. And all that stuff with Nick Kasnoff. Those are the lies that for me started all this. I was watching off and on a little before that, so could have missed something in there. I know there was stuff with the "other" Julia in there too, but the Nick stuff for me was when I saw the marriage start falling apart.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply