Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Tuesday, Oct. 23
Topic Started: Oct 23 2007, 11:32 AM (1,302 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Tuesday, Oct. 23
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6XtIOTnAvA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6XtIOTnAvA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Your non-DOOL clip o' the day. (not sure if you post or lurk here or not Bridget, but if you do... hey... lol)

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great clip, Mary! :lol:

Days4Life
Unregistered

John Roman, instead of Roman John? I wonder what Sami's dear old dad is going to think about that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I love Phelle! :wub:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

When my favorite part of the show is the Shellip triangle that's when I know "Days" is totally fucked.

The break from the Sami show was nice while it lasted, but unfortunately she's BAAAAACK and she's crying and screaming all over us. Please please please pretty please let these be the last of the Sami tears now that she's done being pregnant. Oh I know she's just gonna keep on crying with them dragging out this who's the daddy crap even longer but I don't want think about that today. I'll think about that tomorrow.

Mercifully this birth only took place over the course of one episode, but still, I can't help but feel awful for Marlena that Sami is afterbirthing all over her sheets and she will have to wash them and lose the smell of John from them.

COMMANDER Flynn? Did Roman get demoted and that's why he's the deputy commissioner now? LOL at the reason Shawn can't join the Salem PD being that he violated a court order and him blaming that on Phillip. Did Shawn forget he is also not fit to be a police officer because of the fact that he drove through the church or stole Max's car to drive through Victor's house or worked on the DiMera payroll? In any event though I'm happy to see the police station again. I was afraid they had taken down that set and moved police headquarters to the Brady Pub given their police work at John's wake and their discussing police business at the pub to start today's epi.

And am I the only one who is totally feeling like Team Brady is the suck right now? I have NO SYMPATHY WHATSOEVER for Bo that the Brady police department nepotism failed for once to come through for unqualified hothead ShawnDuh in getting him a job there.

EJ. EJ. EJ. What are you doing? These people are not worth your time. You're slipping letting Lucas play that prank on you. If the show wants me to believe EJ is the evil incarnate interloper for sainted Lumi then they need to write him as less stupid and less of a Lucas punching bag and actually show him being responsible for John's death (and not just whatever happened 10 months ago) if they want everyone in Salem throwing it in his face because when they don't all my sympathy goes to EJ whether he is a bad bad baddie DiMera or not. If they want me to see Lucas as a hero they need to arm him with more than prank handcuffs and fire extinguishers. Oh and Abe and Bo just sitting their smugging all over the place? Barf. Maybe if you clowns on the Salem PD spent less time playing pranks on EJ and more time on actually solving crimes less people would die and actual arrests might take place. Just a thought.

Phillip is hot. Phillip and Belle kissing... not as hot as I hoped it would be, but maybe tomorrow will be sexier since this was sort of just a prelude to things. Loved the flashback in the church and JKJ's performance as well as his pretty, but the praying to God that he could have Belle was kind of ridiculous (if not somewhat sacrilegious). Also annoyed they are again playing the Santeen piano theme for the Phelle stuff, especially when all the dialogue for the scene as well as Shawn's extrapolation on the situation about how Phillip is manipulating the situation by portraying himself as the "poor little rich kid that no one understands but her" was like repeated punches in the gut as everything said were things that could have been incorporated into a real EJ and Sami romance if Hogan didn't love love love Lumi and wasn't content to waste the hottest man on this show in the triangle from hell just because he's connected to the DiMera family and therefore off limits for romance. Please let tomorrow's Phelle be hotter with NO SANTEEN THEME being played.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I agree the sexiness wasn't there with Philip and Belle today. I didn't need to see the close up of Belle's smushed nose. I'm so irritated with her anyway. She's married to Philip and wants Shawn; now she's engaged to Shawn and wants Philip. What's wrong with this girl? And although I'm not a Philip fan, he was actually being noble and offering to walk away and leave Belle alone, until she walked over and closed the door. BTW, has the writer's strike started already because I would swear that scene today had a lot of resemblance to the Santeen scene, when Santo offered to leave Colleen alone and she walked over and shut the door. Are they recycling scripts?

Marlena should have stripped that bed before letting Sami give birth there. Seriously. This really bothers me because 1) I'm obsessive compulsive and have a germ phobia and childbirth is very messy and 2) those are the sheets John last slept on! Doesn't Marlena have a guest room or futon or something?

I refuse to comment on Sami/Lucas/EJ because I'm sick of them and this story. Remember Sami and EJ's dance on the pier? Remember that lovely chemistry and their sizzling repartee? What a waste.

Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I dont understand. If this is about todays show, then why is there one clip and one photo from something else?

IMissAremid: Just because that song used to play in the scenes with the nun and the meatball it doesn't mean it can't play in scenes with other characters.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 23 2007, 08:33 PM
BTW, has the writer's strike started already because I would swear that scene today had a lot of resemblance to the Santeen scene, when Santo offered to leave Colleen alone and she walked over and shut the door. Are they recycling scripts?

It's not the first time Sheffer repeats his own storylines/scenes.

John and Marlena went to Stefanos hospital room in Italy, Max and Kayla went to Stefanos hospital room in Italy.

Andre fell down from a roof in July, Andre fell down from a roof in October

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 23 2007, 02:39 PM
I dont understand. If this is about todays show, then why is there one clip and one photo from something else?

IMissAremid: Just because that song used to play in the scenes with the nun and the meatball it doesn't mean it can't play in scenes with other characters.

Sindacco,

This is just a general thread to discuss the Tuesday's episode of Days. I picked the picture of Sami giving birth because she's giving birth in this episode and I thought the Twins clip was funny since there's speculation in the epi that the twins have different dads. But many times clips or pics will be posted and they don't have anything to do with that particular episode like if someone just finds a funny Vivian clip or silly Susan picture they want to share they'll just put it in the thread. Does that answer your question.

Also, I know it CAN be played in scenes with other characters. I just don't WANT it played in other scenes with other characters as my own personal preference. Just like I wouldn't want "The Rose" playing during a Bo and Hope scene or "If It Wasn't For Your Love" playing during a Steve and Kayla scene or "Tonight We Celebrate Our Love" playing during a Sami and Lucas scene. They may have just been a nun and a meatball to you, but I actually liked them and liked the idea of them having their own theme that they only shared with EJ and Sami.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Those cyborg babies Sami pushed out scared me. :o They reminded me of this horror movie I saw when I was a kid. I do not recall the movie's title, but it was about women giving birth to scary rubbery demon babies, who fly out of their mothers at warp speed and then go on killing sprees almost as soon as they are sprung.

I loved PHELLE! OMG! Talk about hot hot hot..and come on folks you have to admit Shelle is not not not.

This was the first love scene I have ever seen with this crowd that was done flawlessly. BRAVO ED SCOTT! :clap: Unlike island shelle sex I did not go into a forced acoma, while watching these two crazy kids. When it comes to PHELLE, I say bring it on...we need more of that on the show.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

LOL Nice clip choice, Mary. I saw that movie too many times as a kid. :lol:

Philip and Belle's scenes in the bedroom were easily my favorite parts of today's show. I love them together. :wub: The snippet of their love scene in the preview for tomorrow's show looked pretty damn hot. Woo! I can't wait to see it in full tomorrow.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I could hardly watch the hogwash that passed for Days today.

What is HS smoking? I'm on SpewMe overload.

If this guy wants EJ to be the biggest, baddest villain Salem has ever seen, which seems to be his mission in life according to the dialogue of every character in town, then why is he subtracting IQ points everyday? TinyLucas has never been a big, bad man or even that smart. Why else would he fall for every trick and lie Sami ever told him, along with Carrie, Kate and Nicole. I'm just sick of EJ being used to "show" me how wonderful the putrid, boring Lumi is. They aren't and they never will be to me. So stop it! Let the dopes stand on their own and leave the hunky guy to someone else.

Free EJ from this cesspool!

It is so bad that I actually looked forward to Phil nailing Belle. Belle! I know it is just a bump in the road to the prozac which is Shelle but it was a break at least. And I love JKJ's Phil, even with Belle.

Obviously this sweeps is going to be as boring as every sweeps since HS came onboard. While Y&R is cooking with all kinds of good story and GH is heating up to the Ball of Doom, we get Sami and her plastic dolls and endless EJ bashing, punching and slapping. What's next Hogan, a neon sign that says LUMI IS THE NEXT SUPERCOUPLE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT? I think I might need some of that prozac to enjoy this show.

Hey Kenny, got any more bright ideas about how to save Days?

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Cindy, be sure to check the mail, I will send you the Prozac! *wink*

I have been waiting and waiting for a cheesetastic Elvis comment to come out of James's mouth since he was revealed as Elvis.
Bo "Where's your sense of humor Elvis".
EJ "it's left the building"
:lol:

Now, on with our show.
CyborgRobertsHortons- disgusting. Why couldn't we have had blankets. I like blankets a lot more than these creapy looking things that move their heads and mouths without making a crying sound.

Brava Marlena, you saved Claire and now baby girl cyborg. Isn't that something. She really learned a lot from her medical rotation.

Philip and Belle. :wub: I love them.
At first I didn't like the way this was going today, I was afraid he was going to become more stalker like, but finally he was just open with her and put it out there. When she shut the door and said she didn't want him out of her life, she knew exactly what she was doing. :makeout:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nixsoaps
Oct 23 2007, 09:34 PM
Now, on with our show.
CyborgRobertsHortons- disgusting. Why couldn't we have had blankets. I like blankets a lot more than these creapy looking things that move their heads and mouths without making a crying sound.

I haven't watched yet. But I do remember in the promo, the babies looked like they were moving their heads. I was surprised that DAYS got real infants, but after reading this, I guess they've moved on from blankets to "life-like" babies.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay I can't comment on the show since I haven't watched it yet. However can I just admit that sadly I loved the movie Twins lmfao :P

maconrich
Member Avatar

So much for Days being consistently decent the last month or so. This week is featuring stupidity, hypocrisy and behavior that insults my intelligence and makes me wonder WTH Sheffer is even thinking (and the concept of him actually thinking is rather novel).

I let the boredom of Monday slide due to the intensity of last week and not having to hear screaming banshees. Two days in a row of mediocre (at best) episodes - with tomorrow looking like more of the same - basically wipes out my hopes that the show might be improving.

Belle and Phil were the highlight, and their scenes were the only ones that didn't annoy the hell out of me and kept my attention. But since Sheffer's made it clear he doesn't like to put couples together who have actual chemistry, I'm sure Belle and Phillip don't have a chance.

Sheffer seems hells bent on destroying EJ - but he needs to understand that NOTHING he does regarding EJ (or anything else) will make lumi look better or sound better. Walking into a freaking bats cave, complete with their sounds and droppings, would be better than watching even one minute of those two together.

Aside from Phelle, the episode pretty much hit me as oh well - and what a waste of an hour.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Days4Life
Oct 23 2007, 02:50 PM
John Roman, instead of Roman John? I wonder what Sami's dear old dad is going to think about that.

As much as I dislike Roman, I think he will infact be happy about that. He will know that Marlena will like that, and he will think Sami and Lucas made a good decision, IMO.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days4Life
Oct 23 2007, 01:50 PM

I disagree. This is sort of like the one-year rule I mentioned in the Shelle/Phelle spoiler thread.

Roman can't get angry or even feel remotely jealous that his daughter named her baby after another man (especially given the weird history between Roman and John); that's because John died long before Roman did. She clearly did it as a tribute. And since Marlena is still alive and is the very grieving widow, if Roman threw a fit or even expressed jealousy over such a trivial matter, it'd prove he never really loved Marlena.

John Roman is best for Marlena's wellbeing, so I applaud Sami for taking this route. It's all for Marlena. Had John not died, we can safely bet she wouldn't have named the child that, even if she was on good terms with our hero.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to comment on Phelle today. I know I was very vocal in my staunch support of Phelle's coupling and the one-year rule (which states that Belle can have guilt-free sex with Philip and no one can blame her due to grief; and that this courtesy lasts for not more than one year after John's death). But then I saw how it happened. This wasn't Philip and Belle kissing and Philip pushing things to the next level and a grief-stricken Belle just going along with it.

She seemed in her right mind.

And I was speechless when I saw her close the door and then MAKE THE MOVE that suggested sex.

Belle, you reap what you sow.

May God have mercy on you. Hope sure won't!
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Dragonish1
Oct 23 2007, 04:31 PM
Those cyborg babies Sami pushed out scared me. :o They reminded me of this horror movie I saw when I was a kid. I do not recall the movie's title, but it was about women giving birth to scary rubbery demon babies, who fly out of their mothers at warp speed and then go on killing sprees almost as soon as they are sprung.

Those rubber babies Sami pushed out scared the shit out of me too, and they looked horrid. I'm with Nixsoaps in liking the blankets more than those freaking looking things they called the "twins", I thought some weird tongue thing was going to come out of the boys mouth and start chomping on Sami's head or something............ :hide:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply