Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Wednesday, Oct. 24
Topic Started: Oct 24 2007, 10:01 AM (808 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wednesday, Oct. 24
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[DOHTML]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNtfGmLw4_0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNtfGmLw4_0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/DOHTML]
Clip o' the Day: Marlena slaps Kristen.

DISCUSS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Gosh this makes me miss Kristen! LMAO Marlena...slap happy!

jane1978

I just saw the show and thank god for the Shawn/Belle/Phillip triangle. I think I will really enjoy the story. Its really a soap classic and MM and JKJ are playing this forbidden passion thing so well. And the pace is wonderfull. I still cant believe we had the sex, Shawn/Phillip getting into fight and Hope discovering Belle all in the same episode. I know many people here is still fond of Reilly, but that man would probably had Shawn almost entering the bedroom as a friday cliffhanger. Scott is not even using it as an end of act.

Btw. Belle said it has never happen again, so there is no doubt another session is already in the works. I think the promised November wedding is Belle and Shawns, because Belle will want to rush the wedding so the temptation isnt there anymore (of course, she needs to aks her mum if marriage is the best cure for lust) but even as Mrs. Brady she will still eventually ends in bed with Phillip again. Their affair is obviously far from over and Im interested how will Chloe fit into it. Its almost impossible to admit because I still remember when we called Shele and Phelle teens and wanted them off the show, but this is quickly becoming my favorite storyline of the show.

Now, Lumi and twins are nice but honestly this story is on so much that I really dont care anymore. This is my biggest trouble with the show at the moment, because Im actually enjoying everything lately, even the sorority storyline, except this Lumi vs. EJ thing. But all this people threating to EJ has to lead to something, so I think we will get a break from him soon. I dont think EJ will be really murdered and send off the show, but I do think he will go in the steps of his father and disappear for some time.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

They should really be using bigger dolls as the twins. They are too tiny!

I wonder how all of this Belle/Phillip/Shawn stuff will play out. I can see Shawn beating the crap out of Phillip in the next episode. Deep down even Shawn knows the truth, I think. Infact, I'm convinced he's doing exactly what Phillip was doing when he was married to Belle - denying the obvious of where Belle's heart lies. I actually feel sorry for both men, and am hoping at least one of them moves on.

Ciara is such a cutie!

They way those nurses were listening to Lucas threaten EJ at the hospital, was EJ's plan, I believe. He could use that make Lucas look like an unfit parent (abusive, threatening person).

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I agree that this trist between Philip and Belle is hardly over. She said it will never happen again, it most certainly will. She said it was just sex, and as I do believe her I think there was a lot more to it. Does she love him like Philip said, yes she does. But how she loves him may be another story. Seems as if it is being written that Belle was completely heart broken when Philip left. She is right, he did just walk away, but she didn't try to stop him either. She had the chance at the airport, but she didn't take it. Now the girl is so conflicted.

I don't care who is the father of cyborgbabiesroberts and I so wish this was going somewhere intresting. However, it is the same recycled crap over and over.

I did enjoy Marlena slapping EJ. Very entertaining. Hopefully this Marlena is here to stay. This is how I remember her.

jane1978

Nixsoaps
Oct 24 2007, 02:18 PM
I agree that this trist between Philip and Belle is hardly over. She said it will never happen again, it most certainly will. She said it was just sex, and as I do believe her I think there was a lot more to it. Does she love him like Philip said, yes she does. But how she loves him may be another story. Seems as if it is being written that Belle was completely heart broken when Philip left. She is right, he did just walk away, but she didn't try to stop him either. She had the chance at the airport, but she didn't take it. Now the girl is so conflicted.

From the way Sheffer is writing it NOW, I would say Belle is definitelly more in love with Phillip than with Shawn. All the signs are there. During her fight with Phillip, shes not even once said Im in love with Shawn. Instead, she used the usual excuses like "Im with Shawn now, Im engaged, I have a child with him."

And sorry, but Shawn is acting awfull. Phillip tried to be a gentleman and just leave, but Shawn acted like Belle is his possession.

But yay for Hope. That was a wonderfull decision to let her discover what happen so soon after. Her looks at the end were ready to kill.

I think when Belle will reveal to Sami what happened we will get some more inside into what she really feels, but right now I dont think this is just an another obstacle for Shelle.

King
Member Avatar

I haven't watched DAYS all week! How depressing!

sungrey

I was thinking the same thing about Marlena. Deidre Hall hasn't had material this good in many years. It sucks that it took killing off John to do it, but if it gives Marlena meatier stuff to play...

I'll be very interested to see where Shelle/Phelle plays out. I'm a rock-solid Shelle supporter, but it's interesting to see the stakes get ratcheted up. Having Sami as a confidant would be very refreshing.

But please, PLEASE. Whatever you do...

DO NOT GIVE US ANOTHER WHO'S THE DADDY STORY. If that happens, I'm off the Hogie bandwagon. :)

Mason

I FLOVE Kristen's line to Marlena in that clip. "You're so vulgar!" The way she hisses it so piously after everything SHE's done is just hilarious! :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

It is great, isn't it Mason? I miss the Marlena who battled Kristen.

And it's a shame we haven't been allowed to see her for quite some time, especially when they so easily could have had a similar dynamic if they had allowed Marlena and Kate to become rivals more. I mean they both had relationships with John and Roman and Kate had done so many awful things to Marlena's family that she certainly would have had cause to haul off on her.

Because I'm sorry, but a few Marlena slaps to Kate here and there or the two of them wrestling around would be so much more satisfying than Kate getting disowned by Lucas for the kajillionth time or having Lucas humiliate her with cake in the face or a fire extinguisher spray.

Even though I adore EJ, I didn't mind this slap from Marlena at all, even if the EJ hatred on the part of her and the rest of the Bradys is really months overdue and sort of out of order when she didn't react to him this much before. But in this case it's OK because it's Marlena and after last week Marlena can do pretty much whatever the hell she wants (as can Belle) and I'll give her a thumbs up. Plus, while soap suckerpunches I can't abide, diva soap slaps? Hell yes! Bring them on.

Not crazy about the death threats to EJ because he is still my boy, but I love how they gave the lab tech overhearing Lucas's threats BRIGHT YELLOW HAIR as if to emphasize even more than they already were by interspersing footage of them between their argument like... hey... these people are witnesses to Lucas threatening to kill EJ. LOOK AT THEM. YOU WILL LOOK AT THEM! I just wonder if this is going to wind up with EJ getting shot or someone else getting in the crossfire of a bullet aimed for EJ or EJ will use all these threats as an attempt to frame someone. Hmmm. I'm guessing Nov. sweeps will tell us.

As for the Phelle sex... hotter than the Shelle sex. Most definitely. But as glad as I am to see Shelle busted up and Shawn get cuckolded, another part of me doesn't want Phillip tied down to Belle permanently either because I think Phillip deserves better than Shawn's sloppy seconds and since last week made me actually LIKE Belle for the first time in forever I'd really LOVE to see this girl stand on her own independently and develop a personality and life as well as career that has nothing to do with her girlish love for Shawn or her womanly lust for Phillip. Hopefully Chloe coming back and giving Belle a female friend and Phillip a new love interest can help with these things. I guess we'll see.

My biggest fear is we'll wind up with Sami's womb having tag teamed Belle's by giving birth the same time Belle is getting it on with Phillip and Belle will marry Shawn but be pregnant with Phillip's kid. I hope this suspicion is wrong because this show has more than enough babies right now and the Shellip triangle has had more than enough baby angst to last a very long while.

maconrich
Member Avatar

Loved Belle and Phillip - have been waiting for them to connect since she was tossed into his arms on the boat. They're so much better together than Shawn and Belle (odd what two recasts can do).

Despised lucas as usual from the rudeness to Kate (can't believe I'm feeling for her cuz that's just not the norm for me) to the ranting to EJ. They def did make the two lab people hearing the treat very obvious. Not sure what to make of all the death threats, but I know I'd rather see lucas go away for a long while and EJ stay put. The entertainment level is just better with EJ the whole way around. To be nice, I'll say I don't want to see lucas leave either -- just cut waaay down on how often he's on.

But I liked the show a lot better today than yesterday or Monday.

SpiritualJunkie

Interesting that many people are saying that it seems that Philip & Belle seem to be the story they're selling here. Belle is truly conflicted between Phil & Shawn but I definitely think she's leaning more towards the former.

Also agreed that Philip is far more likeable (that and he has tons more sex appeal) than Shawn right now. He's acting both manipulative yet genuine...I'm loving the depth to his character.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

SpiritualJunkie
Oct 25 2007, 01:26 AM
Interesting that many people are saying that it seems that Philip & Belle seem to be the story they're selling here. Belle is truly conflicted between Phil & Shawn but I definitely think she's leaning more towards the former.

Also agreed that Philip is far more likeable (that and he has tons more sex appeal) than Shawn right now. He's acting both manipulative yet genuine...I'm loving the depth to his character.

Well the only problem is this week Phelle is the story they're selling, of course next week they could easily bounce back to Shelle pimping as maddeningly inconsistent as these triangles are written.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I watched my tape of DAYS this afternoon.

What will the little girls name be? They don't seem to be going the Colleen route. I hope they don't take 5 months to name this one. They should totally go Julia since she would be Julia Roberts and Julia is a big fan of the show she would get a real kick out of it if she still watches. I would say Jessica (since its my name) but they already had a Jessica (Fallon).

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Maybe Jennifer after Lucas's sister?

Of course then they would be Jenny and Johnny. LOL.

Mason

Oh, I don't want them to use Jennifer. We barely ever saw any interaction between Jen and Lucas, sometimes I even forget they're half-siblings!

I like the Julia idea, though! LoL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I know I'm late but good show.

Phelle were hot and I am really enjoying this triangle, especially now with all this drama. Hope and Shawn's talk was nice and liked the end scene with Philip and Shawn's showdown. Martha was great again today and I love how Hope put the pieces together. Great scene. Nice seeing Ciara too. She looked adorable!

Marlena slapping EJ was priceless. Dee is on fire and I loved seeing Kate's reactions. I also like EJ being surprised she would do that. The Lumi scenes with the baby were cute. I enjoyed Marlena/Sami again too and I also like the setup to what appears to be a "who tried to kill" EJ story. Seeing all the threats on his life today with special emphasis places on witnesses that are around was pretty cool. I always like stuff like that and I'm glad this story is getting somewhere...finally!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply