Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All Soaps: SOD Sweeps Previews
Topic Started: Oct 24 2007, 06:54 PM (1,028 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, ljacks!

Wow, looks like DAYS is doing nothing for Sweeps AGAIN. And only three stories? Jeeesus.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

They're doing more then that, King. Check out some of the other spoiler threads. I just think they are being vague, much like the Fall previews in August.

kserox10

DAYS...Sounds pretty boring. Vets need to have a storyline. :D

AMC.. Sounds pretty good. I like that Erica is going to trying to get rid of Greenlee.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm all for the show not giving everything away like they've done in the past, but DAYS needs to at least give the reader something interesting enough to give them reason to tune in, and, I'm sorry to say, it's just not there. When will they learn that the vets need stories of their OWN instead of just being supporting players to their children? What will it take?!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Vagueness isn't really what DAYS needs right now. If they're taking big risks, they need to exploit that shit! Get people seeing what's going and tuning in. No one even knew John was dying if they weren't watching. It was never in the magazines. If DAYS had the numbers behind them, then I would be all for them keeping the spoilers to a minnimum. But they need to get those viewers that checked out back in and the only way they can do that is by promoting the hell out of the show.

That's not happening.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's not just DAYS. After reading, I'm not that interested in any of the shows. And that's kind of a shame. Isn't November supposed to be the big sweeps period?

Mason
Member Avatar

Every year I think sweeps becomes less of an event than the last (for all soaps).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

On the flip side, if they spoil everything, why watch?

There's plenty there and mags during the month of November will promote whatever happens weekly in more detail. These are just overviews so vagueness is a better approach in my view.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Such a shame.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 24 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm all for the show not giving everything away like they've done in the past, but DAYS needs to at least give the reader something interesting enough to give them reason to tune in, and, I'm sorry to say, it's just not there. When will they learn that the vets need stories of their OWN instead of just being supporting players to their children? What will it take?!

It's frustrating-- buit the show has never given us the fans any reason to believe that the vets will ever be in the forefront and in their glory. Fans have always hopes and wanted but the show has never come close to delivering that.

And being vague is a moot point for DAYS now, with it being the lowest rated soap and all. Spoilers are meant to provide information that will make viewers want to watch. NO, it doesn't mean releasing an entire SL but it does meaning throwing out info that will make people want to watch. Otherwise they serve no purpose. So being completely vague defeats the purpose of even having spoilers. It kills it, in fact, b/c people read things that are not interested and do not view because of it.

Ridge
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 08:44 PM

That doesn't apply to DAYS at all... no one is asking them to reveal entire SL but reveal something interesting to make people watch.

Mason
Member Avatar

They don't have to do either, but unfortunately, that's what they've been doing. They either give away too much or hardly anything, and I do believe they can do better. Like Drew said, if DAYS has an ace up their sleeve, they don't have to reveal everything, but for God's sake, at least let the viewers know!

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Wait, I think I just FEEL ASLEEP (:angry:) reading the ATWT preview!!!!!!

Come on, Piss Ant.

Resign already!

Mason
Member Avatar

Passanante won't leave on her own until every last ATWT viewer has abandoned the show, I think. She lives to torture us.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 09:44 PM

There's plenty there and mags during the month of November will promote whatever happens weekly in more detail. These are just overviews so vagueness is a better approach in my view.

They don't need to spoil everything by giving us more information. Just mention that other people have story. Right now, it sounds like the only people involved in sweeps are Marlena, EJ, Sami, Lucas (SURPRISE SURPRISE), Shawn, Belle and Philip. Oh, and Bo and Hope too. What about Tony? Anna? Kate? Roman? The younger set? It's freaking sweeps! You want to get everyone involved so that every fanbase will watch.

Mason
Member Avatar

And with Bo and Hope, they don't even have a story of their own! They're just propping Shawn, similarly to how Kate's been with her kids for so long now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ridge
Oct 24 2007, 08:46 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 08:44 PM

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  Such a shame.

That doesn't apply to DAYS at all... no one is asking them to reveal entire SL but reveal something interesting to make people watch.

Hmm...two weddings. Two big events. One in which something dramatic happens. The other that may have major complications due to the bride's infidelity. How is that not enough for a sweeps period? Sounds pretty gripping to me.

I know people are down on the show but giving out any more detail not only would dilute whatever they are planning but would also ruin the dramatic impact. That is why John's death, I feel, worked on so many levels. Not just because of the heartbreak over losing a beloved character but also because it blindsided many and it was spoiled detail by detail in the mags. It gave fans less time to prepare so it was edge of your seat. That is what I want for sweeps and that is what I thought we all wanted.

When GH does their stunts, do they ever mention anymore then what Days did here? It's always vague. Y&R didn't mention a single detailed thing about the stunt they are pulling this week. Yes, they are higher rated but, using the argument presented here, wouldn't they want to spoil more to get higher ratings? If that is the case, why don't they? Simple. They feel spoiling too much dilutes story and then you get people who don't watch because they know what is coming and don't like it or they feel like they shouldn't bother.

I wish Days just didn't release anything. It's just not worth it anymore.

Mason
Member Avatar

But they barely even mention the weddings in those previews! They're practically afterthoughts, when what they really need is to be built up and hyped.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

They will be during the month as they transpire. It's better that way. Less time for people to think about it and how it can fail and less time for people to find out too much about what is about to happen.

It just comes down to the show controlling the impact the events and what happens has on the viewer. Days has had a long habit of giving out way too much and then the event is underwhelming because there is no surprise.

Yes, I can see why people would want more but I can also see the show's point of view. Anyway, I voiced my feelings. Moving on...

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Leave it to GH to be the only soap to takes sweeps seriously. Then we wonder why they're the one always winning Emmy's and getting big ratings spike when sweeps comes. <_<

I can't fault GH, because they're the only soap that shows that they actually care for a bigger budget come next year. While I hate "stunts", you really can't blame GH for being SMART.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply