Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All Soaps: SOD Sweeps Previews
Topic Started: Oct 24 2007, 06:54 PM (994 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

I have to agree. I hate GH's 3 good months, 9 bad months sweeps strategy, but it does work, and they do win sweeps every year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I found the GH stuff boring to. I think November is going to be boring for everyone.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

GH may be right in theory but it's still not right and encouraging other shows to be like that isn't right either. We already lost Y&R to that line of thinking and I will be damned if other soaps go that route too.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not saying that I WANT soaps to do that. I don't. I'm merely observing that it works, not that I think it's right. My point was simply that at least GH remembers it's sweeps unlike most of the other soaps.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Doesn't look like they did this sweeps.

They don't look like they are doing more then anyone else. Just advancing the story they have been building for the past two months.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2007, 10:03 PM

They don't look like they are doing more then anyone else. Just advancing the story they have been building for the past two months.

Other GH sweeps spoilers indicate that there's going to be a big ball, with another explosion, where Emily will be killed off. This ball is going to involve the entire GH cast, so at least they'll be using characters people actually dare about, in some way or another.

It will be told in reverse time, like the hostage crisis earlier this year.

Watch GH got those 3.0's again...

GH means business when it comes to sweeps, the other soaps don't. At least GH is climaxing some of its stories this upcoming sweeps, the same can't be said for the other soaps, where it's rinse, wash, and repeat.

ljacks13
Member Avatar

Don't forget SOD says that additional soilers will be posted on their website.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 24 2007, 09:24 PM
I have to agree. I hate GH's 3 good months, 9 bad months sweeps strategy, but it does work, and they do win sweeps every year.

We blame GH for this but in reality has any show now had more than 3 months for awhile that is good. GH just does their in the months that matter.

For over a year now when I complain about Days I am told that Days is always slow during certain months and then comes on in the fall. Well what is different about that than what GH does.

ATWT has been so boring and bad most of this year. I can probably count 2 solid months of shows this year.

GL had a wonderful January and then was so bad for so long. Just lately have they picked back up in excitement and quality for me.

OLTL was so bad much of this year and the last 2 months have really come on.

AMC had a great January and February with the serial killer and then a solid month with the start of the crash story.

and so on and so on.

The argument about GH being the only show that does this anymore doesn't ring true. Days probably had 3 good quality months in all of 2006 and about that so far in 2007 because from the 3rd week of January until well into May the show was unwatchable.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 24 2007, 10:09 PM
PhoenixRising05

They don't look like they are doing more then anyone else.  Just advancing the story they have been building for the past two months.

Other GH sweeps spoilers indicate that there's going to be a big ball, with another explosion, where Emily will be killed off. This ball is going to involve the entire GH cast, so at least they'll be using characters people actually dare about, in some way or another.

GH means business when it comes to sweeps, the other soaps don't. At least GH is climaxing some of its stories this upcoming sweeps, the same can't be said for the other soaps, where it's rinse, wash, and repeat.

Oh, Explosion! I was assuming it would be something less stellar like Leticia's murder. People aren't really talking about this like they did the hostage crisis so I'm not sure if it will get the 3.0's. This ball may have an appearance by Bobbie who we never see (she works at the hospital and this is supposed to be a hospital ball) but she will be on for about 25 seconds then won't be seen again and the whole story will focus on Carly screeching about something and crying to Jason. :blah:

DramaKing
Member Avatar

I wonder what all is to the story of nick on gh. they said its perhaps one of the most romantic things they have ever done... so there must be more to the spoiler that i read...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More November Sweeps that they didn't put in the mag:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/sweepstakes07/

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

jcar03
Oct 24 2007, 11:19 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 24 2007, 10:09 PM
PhoenixRising05

They don't look like they are doing more then anyone else.  Just advancing the story they have been building for the past two months.

Oh, Explosion! I was assuming it would be something less stellar like Leticia's murder. People aren't really talking about this like they did the hostage crisis so I'm not sure if it will get the 3.0's. This ball may have an appearance by Bobbie who we never see (she works at the hospital and this is supposed to be a hospital ball) but she will be on for about 25 seconds then won't be seen again and the whole story will focus on Carly screeching about something and crying to Jason. :blah:

Ah they're doing that '24' thing again? :shame:

I might tune in, but I'm not excited about this as I was about the hostage crisis.

I hear they are also killing off Georgie... :angry:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply