Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Gets Praise for Out of the Ashes
Topic Started: Oct 27 2007, 07:39 PM (472 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman2/publish...ng_The_Game.php

From The Canyon News:

Excerpt from Mastering the Game TV news article:

Quote:

On to other entertainment industry news.  What a week we had watching our favorite characters on CBS's "The Young & the Restless" battle the elements while trapped under the Clear Springs subdivision parking structure.  In case any readers haven't seen the episodes yet and will be watching tonight on "Soap Net," I will not give the ending away, but a hint - heartbreaking, pulse pounding and gut wrenching.  Emmy worthy!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Immadashell

That's not what the viewers are saying.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

^ It's what THIS viewer is saying. I think Out of the Ashes rocked!

kserox10

I think it was horrible!

Y&R is more classy then this!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Note that the majority people liking it perfer outlandish stuff. Just sayin.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I guess I must agree to disagree. I despised the dialogue with a passion of a thousand burning suns. Seriously.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

jcar03
Nov 3 2007, 12:15 PM
Note that the majority people liking it perfer outlandish stuff. Just sayin.

But that is the thing Out of the Ashes wasn't outlandish. There was no use of major special effects or anything like that. Those were kept to the minimum. The emphasis was on characters and not the special effects. It was a stunt. I agree with that part but so was John's death on Days and tons of other things recently done on the soaps. It wasn't the best stunt ever done in daytime, but it wasn't the worst either. The acting saved it for me. Some of the dialogue I could have done without but some of it was outstanding. As I said in another posting, it was the first time I ever liked Amber. She was very well written on the Wednesday episode. I love that it hasn't been forgotten about. The fallout from the explosion is going to give story for weeks to come and even for Katherine but especially for Victor.

I didn't think it was a complete success, but I can't call it a failure either. And I didn't see anything unclassy about it.

MarkH

I agree here with SteveFrame.

I think there is a bandwagon here that has closed some minds. This is clearly NOT classic Y&R, but Sony/CBS have mandated that new stuff get tried. No matter who the HW/EP is, they are going to be mandated to do these stunts from now on, I fear.

So, for me, there were beautiful moments that stand out.

Jack and Nick having a moment of affection and recognition before Nick and Sharon took off to get rescue
Nick trying to race back into the garage upon learning of Noah's entrapment
Noah and Maggie scenes
Amber and Katherine scenes
JT and Cane being all manly and scaling elevator shafts...and Cane's deft use of conman skills to sneak back in and rescue grandma
Michael's reaction upon waiting for Lauren's emergence
And Nikki as the emotional throughline throughout the piece...she had the most people to lose...and her face registered her pain and horror in every moment...how nice to see a lack of botox, and genuine emotion even if it wasn't pretty

It's important, to me, not to get too hung up in the stunt, but to enjoy the good stuff that came out of it too.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Out Of The Ashes was a ridiculously expensive, completely contrived ratings stunt that amounted to nothing more then massive character propping for overrated newbies & paper thin character development for established characters.

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

My expectations were high but on the end it was too much boring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply