Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT- General Discussion; 10/29-11/2
Topic Started: Oct 29 2007, 05:43 PM (632 Views)
juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

So I finally tuned back into As The World Turns today and I'm so glad I did. Here's some notes on the episode

---Iris Dumbrowski still rocks my socks. Love, love , Lovvvvvved her scenes with Barbara- so good. I actually really enjoyed that story today- I even found Will & Gwen semi-entertaining. But they really need to work on my Gwennie still. She used to be so interesting and now she's nothing more than a glorified housewife.

---Kim Hughes is not necessarily my favorite character, but it's always nice to see her. I really like her relationship with Katie so those scenes totally worked for me.

---I kind of like this storyline with Carly, though I'm sure I'm in the minority. Carly is a character that has always been hard to like. And is it just me, or does she have some SMOKING chemistry with Austin Peck

---Speaking of Austin, He acted today! AND he even gave us 'DAYS' fans one of his trademark Austin Reed eyerolls! He's still a cutie.

---Aaron looked hot today. And even though I'm bored by his little "girlfriend" story, it is funny how Holden-like Aaron really is. Agim is so effortless in the part that I'm not sure where Aaron stops & Agim begins.

Anyone else care to dish, feel free. I'm so positive that I'm sure there's got to be some opposing opinions out there. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

P.J.

It's not that I think Carly's being written out of character, it's that Carly is constantly set up to fail that bothers the hell out of me. I mean, the woman thought she was dying, and instead of being able to celebrate the news, she's plunged back into chasing Jack. This story should be about Jack finding his way back to Carly, and instead JPiss has made it a referendum on Carly's lying AGAIN.

Y'know, Peck's not bad. But this holier-than-Carly, "I don't want to stab my brother in the back" crap was ridiculous. In the ENTIRE time Brad's been back, has he EVER shown he gives two damns about Jack? To be fair, Jack hasn't shown anything more than a condescending tolerance of Brad either.

I loved seeing Babs and Iris together.

Is there anything more painful than watching Gwen and Will go at it? ICK.

Winterguy125

I did not like the show at all, the main highlight for me was Iris and Babs that was about it. I really hope this storyline with them will be good, and I am glad the writers listened to alot of the fans that wanted a Iris and Babs storyline, not happy that it is about Gwen, but I guess I will just deal, because those two together are a hoot. Sofie and Cole are boring me beyond tears. As for the Carly quad, something needs to get this storyline moving it is also getting boring.

I did like the outside setting, I wonder if this will be part of our new permanent outdoor sets, if so not bad. Though the camera man will have to work on holding that thing or it won't, lol.

Gwen has outdone herself on annoying me to no end, the scenes yesterday made me want to throw her into that hospital that Will had to go to. The girl is losing her mind.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Tuesday's Episode

I think it's because I just started tuning in again that ATWT seems to be so good for me.

---LOVE the Chris/Emily pairing- Hughes + Stewart= Drama! LOVED the interspersed reactions of Kim and Susan. Speaking of which, loved seeing my Susan. I hope she starts getting used on a more regular basis.

---I actually found the Rosanna/Paul/Meg/Craig quad to be quite enjoyable today. I enjoyed all the wedding prep scenes and Barbara's newfound niceness to the women in her sons' lives is downright refreshing. I LOVE Meg when her life is in turmoil. Ms. Wilson has this uncanny knack for tapping into here character's human emotions. And Craig was acting like quite the jerk, dontcha think?

---Katie & Brad are kinda cute together. Even though Peck is a big dumb oaf at times, I love his little oafy self. (is oafy a real word?) It doesn't hurt that Mr. Peck & I were born on the same day!

---Carly & Jack may be in a sham of a story, but they still gots the goods. And LOVED Jack's exchange with Paul. Priceless.

----Finally I really enjoyed the throughline of today's episode- Mothers & their children. You had Chris & Kim, Emily & Susan, Barbara & Paul, and Emma & Meg.
I hate to say it but I really enjoyed the writing today so kudos to Jean Piss!

Note- I know it's JPiss, but JeanPiss is much more fun.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't know what it is but starting last week ATWT is just losing me. I still love the show for all the years I have given it. Last week I watched every single day and every minute. But the last 2 days I have been so bored I turned it off for the first time in weeks and months. That is sad for me.

The acting is still great, but the stories just are doing nothing for me at all.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

juniorz1
Oct 30 2007, 10:10 PM
Note- I know it's JPiss, but JeanPiss is much more fun.

I prefer the loving endearment "PissAnt" :D

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

WEDNESDAY's EPISODE

I've got to say that ATWT is MILES better than Y&R is of late. But is that really saying all that much?

---Now that I'm back into it, Meg is once again my favorite character (save Susan). I can't help but sympathize with the girl's plight. The only thing I wish is that it was DUSTY's baby she was pregnant with, not Paul or Craig.

---Speaking of Craig- I LOBSTER LOVE Scott Bryce in the role. Yes, they have made Craig into a monster, but Mr. Bryce is playing that monster oh-so-well. I can't help but be totally afraid of him. Nice to see Meg is still a resilient one and doesn't allow him to push her around...................too much.

---Austin......I mean Brad & Katie are pretty cute together. I've got to say, I'm really liking Katie lately. Too bad they've over-matured her (ala Sami on DAYS). I've said it before & I'll say it again: Terri Columbino plays the perfect tart- so, can't we make her into that again? It's not too late.

---Luke & Noah were interesting to watch today. Van is such a natural- he brings out the best in other characters. And it's good to see Dusty in the mix because it makes total sense- Dusty was one of Luke's supporters not that long ago. But I did miss Holden.

BTW- I hadn't been watching for a while- why are Holden & Lily on the fritz?

Looking forward to today's show as well!

P.J.

I'm not sure there's a real reason Holden and Lily are on the fritz. To hear Holden tell it, he's tired of doubting Lily, because she's kept some truths from him (like her addiction to diet pills, giving Carly the ransom money for JJ, and her suspicions about Winston, who pushed Luke and made him paralyzed.) Lily's version is she's "tired of not measuring up".

It's all bogus spin to inflict yet another split upon us. I couldn't care less what Lilden do. They'd actually be better off splitting them up, IMO.

I loved today's show, the scene with Babs by Hal's grave, when she talked to him and mimicked his "Get to the point, Barbara", almost made me cry.

Ro? Spooky...I hope she takes Meg down, actually. Paul's vows actually made me see a devoted side to him he's been lacking.

I flove the angst of Carjack....

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Weddings have become so cheap.

I thought the outside of Emma's farm was an all time low.... Rosanna's LIVING ROOM takes the cake.

I expect the next wedding to be held in the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm bored. I'm supremely annoyed by Meg's cuntiness. Skank is a whore and has the audacity to act dignified?! :angry:

P.J.

I wouldn't have minded the living room...if they'd have moved the damn couch! :lol:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

ATWTers, if you love Hal, check out my tribute episode: Episode 47. ;)

Winterguy125

I am thinking the next wedding will take place in a church, IMO.

Anyway, I think Friday's show was pretty good, atleast the storylines finally seemed to move, and it was a good set up for the coming weeks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply