Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HUGE NEWS: Former Head Writer returns to Days!; OH HELL NO!
Topic Started: Oct 31 2007, 11:36 AM (5,708 Views)
daysfan
Member Avatar

I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE. :(

Courtesy of SON: http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showforum=18
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Of all the people that could have replaced Meg Kelly it had to be her. Well there is definitely no reason for me to return now.

Hogan is bad enough with Kelly, but with Higley it is doomed.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can't believe this is happening with Ed on board.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I'm going to try and think positive (and believe me, it ain't easy) but.... one show's hack could end up being another show's treasure?

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Kitty, She has been a hack on here before. She drove Days down the last time she was here.

daysfan
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 31 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm going to try and think positive (and believe me, it ain't easy) but.... one show's hack could end up being another show's treasure?

She wrote Days for several months back in 2003 after being with it for years, she wrote it right before JER returned and it was HORRIBLE. Then she went to OLTL next year and it was HORRIBLE.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well.... blame it on my memory not being what it used to be, or maybe those repressed memories are only supposed to be brought out in therapy?

So what you all are saying is that we're basically fucked?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh my God. My heart just sank! Literally... my toes are numb, LoL.

P-I-S-S-E-D.

PISSED!

I hate her! The most uneventful, boring, full-of-nothingness writer in daytime. Was Corday not paying attention when she drove OLTL into the ground? Fuck, for that matter, was he not paying attention when she drove DAYS into the ground?!

Fuck. This is horrible news.

kserox10

This is not good for DAYS.

Kenny
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 31 2007, 12:43 PM
Well.... blame it on my memory not being what it used to be, or maybe those repressed memories are only supposed to be brought out in therapy?

So what you all are saying is that we're basically fucked?

You probably forgot all about it because her writing consisted of absolutely nothing.

Nothing EVER happened on the show when she wrote. You could get just as much excitement watching an ice cube melt as watching Days during her stint.

Her most famous story was Bo and Hope becoming bounty hunters and investigating the mysterious green goop on the indian reservation or some shit.

daysfan
Member Avatar

When he fired her in a matter of months, I was sure she would never return, and especially with Ed Scott here!

Days has had so many nails in it's coffin already, but THIS just takes the damn cake.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

Her most famous story was Bo and Hope becoming bounty hunters and investigating the mysterious green goop on the indian reservation or some shit.

Oh my fucking God!!

Kiss this show goodbye. :(

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Forgive me, but I do not recall a thing she wrote..But it sounds bad from what I am reading here. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised to see Taco Boy and Maya return, either. Ugh.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Many people blocked that era out, LOL.

But basically: Whatever was seen from the end of 2002(I think) to the Salem Stalker story was her.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 11:55 AM

But basically: Whatever was seen from the end of 2002(I think) to the Salem Stalker story was her.

OMG! The stalker Story was just awful! :(

daysfan
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Oct 31 2007, 11:58 AM
daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 11:55 AM

OMG! The stalker Story was just awful! :(

Well that wasn't her. That was JER.

Okay I worded that wrong the first time, anything BEFORE the Stalker story and after the end of 2002 was her. :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 12:55 PM

Right.

Ken Corday promoted her to headwriter, talking about how she had such a fantastic vision, and within six months she was let go completely because she sucked so badly, LoL.

Nothing happened when she wrote the show. Nothing! The characters sat around, talked... talked some more... talked some more... talked a little more... then continued to talk, talk, talk... it was just a giant talk-a-thon. Nothing that I can recall ever reached a climax or a dramatic turning point. It was always just a bunch of boring nothingness and stagnancy.

Hogan Sheffer had better make her ass write like her life depends on it, because if I have any say in the matter, it very well might, LoL.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I absolutely hated Jack and Jennifer and that damn talk show too. I do believe that was her. And the bounty hunter thing. Oh it was just awful. And didn't she do that dating thing with Philip too - the bachelor type thing.

Oh man.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Not so oddly enough, I'm drawing a blank on that era!

Until someone mentioned the green goop story.... ewwwwww!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply