Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HUGE NEWS: Former Head Writer returns to Days!; OH HELL NO!
Topic Started: Oct 31 2007, 11:36 AM (5,691 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 31 2007, 11:49 PM
Crystal Galore was JER's creation, JSF.

I had a half-feeling it was because I remember RAVING about how damn entertaining that bitch was (and I would mostly do that with JER material!)

But I think I got this one right (let me know if not!) Rex and Mimi (or both) DID kill Rolf under Dena's pen, right? If so, she's not going to be too pleased to see Hogan shit on that twist!
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

LOL. OK that is kind of amusing that with one "That didn't take" Hogan undid Higley's Weekend at Bernie's riff with Rolf's dead body.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Oct 31 2007, 11:56 PM
LOL. OK that is kind of amusing that with one "That didn't take" Hogan undid Higley's Weekend at Bernie's riff with Rolf's dead body.

Oh, can you imagine the catfights Hogie and Dena could have?!

Quick! Did Hogie undo anything else that Dena committed to ink?!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Well, with any luck, Hogan will do us all a favor and just sit on Dena.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 1 2007, 12:04 AM

I can just see her body snap in half right now...

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL! People on other forums say that Higley is worse than Tom Langan, and while I agree that she's a horrible writer, she's still nothing compared to the horror that is Langan.

People have begun to forget just how bad Langan really was. Hogan's not without flaws (huge ones), but Langan really took the cake.

Does everyone remember when all we ever saw were the halls of Salem High? Jan and Jason? Mimi and Kevin? Shy Girl? Gigantor? Ghoul Girl?

Days of Our Lives was turned into an acid trip after-school special under the pen of Tom Langan. The network wouldn't give him the "Salem High" spinoff that he had asked for, and so he just decided to create it anyway, with the continued name of Days of Our Lives.

Meanwhile, when we actually got to see bits and pieces of John/Marlena and Bo/Hope, it was all just to pimp the pairing of JOPE (John/Hope). Langan is also the one who made John the father of Hope's baby before Brash & Cwikly came in to fix that fatal error with a nifty little re-write (one that actually made sense!). Marlena had no story, except for bickering with Brady (he would call her a slut and a whore, she would call him an evil murderous bastard), which pulled John and Marlena apart and made Marlena look like the bad guy.

He bought Jack and Jennifer back, only to turn Jack into a fool (anyone remember the "Jack is GAY!" plot twist?) and Jennifer into a hateful shrew.

Oh, and who could possibly forget his fantastic idea of sending Austin and Greta to a virtual reality Garden of Eden in which they battled talking serpents, evil witches and various other supernatural beings, all while clothed only in fake plastic leaves as it rained hot baby oil over their naked, tempting bodies? I'll never forget Sami as a floating witch with a sawblade coming out of her stomach and chasing Austin/Greta through the garden in an effort to kill them.

There's bad... and then there's BAD. Langan was BAAAAD. I mean, I would take Hogan Sheffer and James Reilly together, with Dena Higley as the Executive Producer before I'd ever, EVER want that man back.

Langan had his good moments (the coronation massacre, the Mother of the Year party at the DiMansion where Bo learned the truth about John fathering Hope's baby), but overall, he was the worst writer in Days history.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

kenny, i couldnt agree more - except i actually liked the garden of eden... austin peck in nothing but a few placed items here and there... oh i was down, or should i say up, with Days....

Sindacco
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 1 2007, 05:32 AM
daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 09:01 PM
Welllll, I will also say for a more positive note they don't have TOO many choices for a co-hw with history with Days anymore.

Thank you for saying this, seriously. It made me remember Langan, which makes me more ok with Higley.

And, y'know, at least they aren't just giving up.

Langan was better then Higley IMO.

King
Member Avatar

But like any writer with DAYS, you have to wonder if Corday picked Higley in 2004 because he knew he could influence her and have her write the stories he wanted.

I could see the Fancy Face/SUV thing being Corday's idea, and him thinking it's BRILLIANT!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Quote:

By the way, ladies and gentleman, if you think that Erika Slezak was less than flattering about Highley's tenure at OLTL, then you should have heard Robin Strasser's message on her hotline a few weeks ago. She pretty much bashed Highley BIGTIME because of the Adrianna stalker storyline on OLTL. No doubt in mind that La Strasser is more than happy that Highley is gone as OLTL's headwriter.

Ugh, that storyline started out pretty good simply for the fact that I truly wondered who her stalker was (aside form the fact that I didn't care for the care and pool of suspects was very small), but having it turn out to be Dorian was ridiculous and unbelievable. Pure character destruction. It didn't make much sense either.

Higley had more misses than hits at OLTL. She had her share of successes, but failed alot in areas. Hmmmm reminds you of anyone <cough>Sheffer<cough>

Don't Higley and Sheffer share the same agent?

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

JERSoapsFan
Nov 1 2007, 12:03 AM
IMissAremid
Oct 31 2007, 11:56 PM

Oh, can you imagine the catfights Hogie and Dena could have?!

Quick! Did Hogie undo anything else that Dena committed to ink?!!

By making Tony, Andre, he undid anything the character did during her time on the show.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 1 2007, 12:04 AM

:hail: I love you!

Days4Life
Unregistered

Higley was pretty bad during her few months as HW, but at least it's not Langan coming back. In my 37 years of watching DAYS, there was only one time I quit watching and that was during Langan's teen invasion. I did consider stopping another time, though, and unfortunately that was during Higley's reign when Tony became a mob boss, Lucas became his goon and the green goop was featured. Those stories were so bad that I wondered at the time (and still wonder) if it was intentional because of the battle between Corday and NBC. That sounds ridiculous, but I just can't imagine anyone thinking those were GOOD ideas.
Quote Post Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

I'm late to the party, but BOY does this suck.

I gotta say- I still uber-enjoy Hogan Sheffer's influence on the show.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 31 2007, 10:35 PM
You know, I would almost be very amused if Hogan were out as HW and Dena was back in. THEN I bet there wouldn't be quite so many people complaining about Hogan's writing! :lol:

LOL, it would just be one non-writer to the next. So the complaints IMO would be paralell.

Before joining DAYS, Hogan had this wicked rep. (I never saw ATWT), and it gave me the impression that he was opinionated and stood for what he wrote for, he wrote well and stood by it. Nothing he has written represented that at all. He's writing with his tail between his legs.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK while everyone is cataloguing the sins of Langan and Higley, will someone tell me who is responsible for alien twins from the sky?

King
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Nov 1 2007, 09:25 PM
OK while everyone is cataloguing the sins of Langan and Higley, will someone tell me who is responsible for alien twins from the sky?

B&C.

I liked their storyline though. LOL.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I still miss Cassie. She could've been good with Max.

Mason

Ridge
Nov 1 2007, 09:09 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Oct 31 2007, 10:35 PM
You know, I would almost be very amused if Hogan were out as HW and Dena was back in. THEN I bet there wouldn't be quite so many people complaining about Hogan's writing! :lol:

LOL, it would just be one non-writer to the next. So the complaints IMO would be paralell.

Before joining DAYS, Hogan had this wicked rep. (I never saw ATWT), and it gave me the impression that he was opinionated and stood for what he wrote for, he wrote well and stood by it. Nothing he has written represented that at all. He's writing with his tail between his legs.

But the thing is, Hogan WAS all of that before he started writing on DAYS (and actually, he still was even in his first few months on the show). That was before he started working under Ken Corday, the man who never knows when to keep his nose out from where it doesn't belong. Now I'm not saying all of the bad stuff we've seen hasn't had anything to do with Hogan, I'm perfectly aware that it has and it still does. However, what I am saying is that I know Hogan CAN do better than this. Why hasn't he? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 1 2007, 03:43 AM
LoL! People on other forums say that Higley is worse than Tom Langan, and while I agree that she's a horrible writer, she's still nothing compared to the horror that is Langan.

People have begun to forget just how bad Langan really was. Hogan's not without flaws (huge ones), but Langan really took the cake.

Does everyone remember when all we ever saw were the halls of Salem High? Jan and Jason? Mimi and Kevin? Shy Girl? Gigantor? Ghoul Girl?

Days of Our Lives was turned into an acid trip after-school special under the pen of Tom Langan. The network wouldn't give him the "Salem High" spinoff that he had asked for, and so he just decided to create it anyway, with the continued name of Days of Our Lives.

Meanwhile, when we actually got to see bits and pieces of John/Marlena and Bo/Hope, it was all just to pimp the pairing of JOPE (John/Hope). Langan is also the one who made John the father of Hope's baby before Brash & Cwikly came in to fix that fatal error with a nifty little re-write (one that actually made sense!). Marlena had no story, except for bickering with Brady (he would call her a slut and a whore, she would call him an evil murderous bastard), which pulled John and Marlena apart and made Marlena look like the bad guy.

He bought Jack and Jennifer back, only to turn Jack into a fool (anyone remember the "Jack is GAY!" plot twist?) and Jennifer into a hateful shrew.

Oh, and who could possibly forget his fantastic idea of sending Austin and Greta to a virtual reality Garden of Eden in which they battled talking serpents, evil witches and various other supernatural beings, all while clothed only in fake plastic leaves as it rained hot baby oil over their naked, tempting bodies? I'll never forget Sami as a floating witch with a sawblade coming out of her stomach and chasing Austin/Greta through the garden in an effort to kill them.

There's bad... and then there's BAD. Langan was BAAAAD. I mean, I would take Hogan Sheffer and James Reilly together, with Dena Higley as the Executive Producer before I'd ever, EVER want that man back.

Langan had his good moments (the coronation massacre, the Mother of the Year party at the DiMansion where Bo learned the truth about John fathering Hope's baby), but overall, he was the worst writer in Days history.

The horror... The horror... Posted Image

LMAO Great post, Kenny. You're absolutely right. Langan was fucking horrendous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply