Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HUGE NEWS: Former Head Writer returns to Days!; OH HELL NO!
Topic Started: Oct 31 2007, 11:36 AM (5,854 Views)
Red Mist
Member Avatar

daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 11:58 AM
Dragonish1
Oct 31 2007, 11:58 AM
daysfan
Oct 31 2007, 11:55 AM
Many people blocked that era out, LOL.

But basically: Whatever was seen from the end of 2002(I think) to the Salem Stalker story was her.

OMG! The stalker Story was just awful! :(

Well that wasn't her. That was JER.

Okay I worded that wrong the first time, anything BEFORE the Stalker story and after the end of 2002 was her. :lol:

LOL Oh good...I almost fainted! :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

She also made Rex and Cassie BRADYS.

I think she did write Lumi a bit well though. But they don't need anymore damn airtime and people have lost interest.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Lumi was the only thing she got the whole time she was there. She wrote them better than almost anyone ever has.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, hell. Steve's post reminded me that she also wrote that horrible talk show for Jack and Jennifer. They had no story of their own... they were just reduced to hosting a cheesy local access talk show from their own living room called "In The House" (because Days was too cheap to build a new 'talk show' set) where they interviewed people about stupid shit.

Remember when they had Belle, Cassie and Mimi on as guests, talking about how they were going to be participating in a dating show called "Love Is Blind" and how they were going to WIN THAT GUY? Then the man was revealed to be Phillip with Kyle Brandt in the role, LoL. Stupid as HELL!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The way Rex and Cassie were introduced was bordering on insanity. Now they are never even mentioned.

daysfan
Member Avatar

She also had Cassie nearly "doing" her family members a few times. I remember for awhile she wanted Shawn, and she almost slept with her own half-brother Lucas until Rex burst in.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

My god...You all are refreshing my memory...Cassie and SEX :puke: That was so nasty with her and Lucas..gawd!

Jonatha

Dragonish1
Oct 31 2007, 12:11 PM
My god...You all are refreshing my memory...Cassie and SEX :puke: That was so nasty with her and Lucas..gawd!

This is terrible news. Why, why, why? :shame:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well this isn't the best news, but at least its as Co-head writer and she's not completely replacing Hogan..Didn't she do okay in this position before, its when she got promoted to head writer that she hacked the show.

I'll take this with stride..

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 31 2007, 12:18 PM
Well this isn't the best news, but at least its as Co-head writer and she's not completely replacing Hogan..Didn't she do okay in this position before, its when she got promoted to head writer that she hacked the show.

Well, for a loooooong time she was just Associate Head Writer...but Co-Head Writer?! Don't think we have seen her in that position except for mabye a few days but stil it's horrible!!!!! I am truly worried and it's hard to be optimistic.

Manny
Member Avatar

Wow... and I thought things could not be worse... :lol:

And look at the irony... Only two writes made me stop watching DAYS... Dena and Hogan.. and now they are gonna write together! So does that mean I won't be watching EVER now? Or maybe two wrongs will make right and I will enjoy their stories? Highly unlikely...

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 31 2007, 01:18 PM

It just says to me what kind of direction they're wanting to turn the show in by bringing her back in the first place. She might not be the full on headwriter, but just by the show thinking she could be beneficial, it says alot.

sungrey

Remember... this is the person whose writing was so off they had to bring Reilly back.

While this isn't the worst news, I have to wonder what they're thinking over there. :puke:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SteveFrame
Oct 31 2007, 12:03 PM
Lumi was the only thing she got the whole time she was there. She wrote them better than almost anyone ever has.

Great. Just what this show needs. MORE Lumi. :drunk:

I seriously don't get this hire at all. Especially now. Is Higley not in the WGA or something so she can keep writing even if there's a strike? Or is maybe the thinking that by having the two worst headwriters on staff working together they'll cancel out each other's worst impulses to actually put forth a good show? Because I'm not seeing that happening.

daysfan
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 31 2007, 12:28 PM
SteveFrame
Oct 31 2007, 12:03 PM

Great. Just what this show needs. MORE Lumi. :drunk:

I seriously don't get this hire at all. Especially now. Is Higley not in the WGA or something so she can keep writing even if there's a strike? Or is maybe the thinking that by having the two worst headwriters on staff working together they'll cancel out each other's worst impulses to actually put forth a good show? Because I'm not seeing that happening.

Oh Lord, if there is a strike and Hogan has to strike and she doesn't which means SHE WOULD WRITE Days FULL TIME, I would just die. :puke:

But I think(and hope) she would be in the WGA, she was on Days staff for years and wrote OLTL for almost three years.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, how pathetic is it that when you do a Google search of Dena Higley, the second link that appears is a petition calling for her firing from OLTL?

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Probably the best thing she did was Sami through the french doors, and the drama that followed. I loved Marlena vs. Tony/Andre at the hospital following Sami's accident. She only wrote well for Lumi, everything else was boring, although I did kind of like the "Love is Blind" storyline. I absolutely hated that she made Rex and Cassie Roman and Kate's kids to promote Rate. I thought that was ridiculous. The twins as Marlena and Tony's was for more intriguing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

:angry:

This is such depressing news. What is up with Ed Scott? Did he leave his brain back at the Y&R set?

:shame:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Is she going to want to bring back Michael Easton now? :drunk:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

WTF?
I must have missed the fact that Meg Kelley is gone/demoted whatever. So I ask, why wasn't Beth Milstein bumped up. She did a good job during the JER/Hogan transition.

All of the shit this woman wrote, why did they bring her back? Reading all the things she wrote which I tried so hard to block out of my mind came bacck and made me want to :puke:

WTF Days, WTF?!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply