Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: For Better or Gerse
Topic Started: Nov 1 2007, 07:56 AM (2,128 Views)
Jonatha

Linking only:

For Better or Gerse

Days' Will voices his desire to move to Zurich and live with Carrie and Austin this week - then heads there on Nov 16th, leaving Lucas out a son and a wife in the wake of Sami and EJ's nuptials.

"Lucas thinks it's a good idea, because it's a more stable home for him," says Bryan R. Dattilo [Lucas]. "He doesn't want Will to see his mom in an ugly predicament." Which puts Dattilo in an odd one.

"It's kind of weird," admits the actor, who is a devoted father and to son Gabe who is 7. "I would never put my child on a flight anywhere. I would always take care of my child, no matter how old. That was a hard sell for me to be okay with that as a father. But you've got to play the story line."

Dattilo hopes Will's exit "doesn't mean the end of Chris Gerse. I hope he comes back, because he's great." One good sign: there was no good-bye party for the teenager. "It was an abrupt ending. I didn't even put it together that he was doing his last stuff until he was leaving and left a little note in my room," reports Dattilo. "Chris is a classy kid. He thanked me for being so fun to work with and for being his onscreen dad. He wished me luck with the show and with my son, and he invited me to his 16th birthday party. I'm going to try to attend."

Awwww.....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm not a fan of Will Gerse, but still...that seems a little cold. He's been around a long time and is just a kid; they could have at least given him a cake! And why did they bother to bring him back? He could have called and told them over the phone he wanted to stay with Carrie and Austin. It's not like they wanted to have a big bonding scene with his new brother and sister because so far he hasn't even visited Sami and the twins.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Gerse doesn't deserve a cake. He was shitty from start to finish.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I thought he was bad. The only Will I liked was Darian Weiss. He could act, to bad he was only on a year.

Mason
Member Avatar

Good riddance, Gerse! Don't let the door hit ya!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Nov 1 2007, 08:02 AM
I'm not a fan of Will Gerse, but still...that seems a little cold.  He's been around a long time and is just a kid; they could have at least given him a cake!  And why did they bother to bring him back?  He could have called and told them over the phone he wanted to stay with Carrie and Austin.  It's not like they wanted to have a big bonding scene with his new brother and sister because so far he hasn't even visited Sami and the twins.

Sorry but I have a hard time feeling bad for a mediocre 16-year-old actor just getting quickly written out (with the possibility of him coming back later on if needed for the story) when we have seen a lot more talented actors/interesting characters killed recently so that the actors who depend on these roles for their livelihoods (I doubt Chris depends on his money from DOOL to pay for food and a home or he has any kids to support) can never come back. Not just Drake/John, but also Steve/Bart, James/Benjy, etc...

I mean compared to what DOOL did to Drake and is doing to Renee this isn't so bad.

Jonatha

IMissAremid
Nov 1 2007, 10:06 AM
Days4Life
I'm not a fan of Will Gerse, but still...that seems a little cold.  He's been around a long time and is just a kid; they could have at least given him a cake!  And why did they bother to bring him back?  He could have called and told them over the phone he wanted to stay with Carrie and Austin.  It's not like they wanted to have a big bonding scene with his new brother and sister because so far he hasn't even visited Sami and the twins.

Sorry but I have a hard time feeling bad for a mediocre 16-year-old actor just getting quickly written out (with the possibility of him coming back later on if needed for the story) when we have seen a lot more talented characters/interesting characters killed recently so that the actors who depend on these roles for their livelihoods (I doubt Chris depends on his money for DOOL to pay for food and a home or he has any kids to support) can never come back. Not just Drake/John, but also Steve/Bart, James/Benjy, etc...

I mean compared to what DOOL did to Drake and is doing to Renee this isn't so bad.

I agree about Chris Gerse. He's a great kid and will have other work. And although I think Bryan has every right to say something nice about Chris as a person. I don't like Bryan equating the situation about sending Will to Switzerland and his sending his own son on a flight alone. It looks like Bryan is trying to garner sympathy again. I would like to hear from Ali, and other cast members about Chris leaving. I guess Datillo has made himself the 'go to' guy for any Days news in the magazines. Frankly, I'm sick of Dattilo.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

:hail: Thanks again for these scoops!

I am so damn glad Chris is gone...That kid could not even stand up straight let alone act...He was also too old and aged Lumi.

I think Will going is great for Ejami...One less child to interfer with Ej and SAmi's bonding. :D

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Days4Life

Sorry but I have a hard time feeling bad for a mediocre 16-year-old actor just getting quickly written out (with the possibility of him coming back later on if needed for the story) when we have seen a lot more talented characters/interesting characters killed recently so that the actors who depend on these roles for their livelihoods (I doubt Chris depends on his money for DOOL to pay for food and a home or he has any kids to support) can never come back. Not just Drake/John, but also Steve/Bart, James/Benjy, etc...

I don't have a problem with Chris Gerse leaving. It's just the way it happened, without a chance to say good-bye. He's only 16 and it seems like they could have handled it better, but that's probably just the mom in me coming out. The character of Will is not needed and Gerse is not a good actor so I'm fine with him going. If Will comes back, it should definitely be a different actor, but hopefully it won't be for a long while because right now he doesn't fit in with the story.
Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Nov 1 2007, 10:29 AM
I don't have a problem with Chris Gerse leaving. It's just the way it happened, without a chance to say good-bye. He's only 16 and it seems like they could have handled it better, but that's probably just the mom in me coming out.

I completely agree with this.
I am not saying they shouldn't have let him go, but as you pointed out, he is a 16 year old kid and has been with the show for a while. They could have at least given him a goodbye party.

He will do fine I have no doubt, it may only be in commercial acting but still, it's money.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I didn't like how Bryan equated his son with Lucas' son. I doubt Bryan would have taken his son to stink bomb his mother's date's apartment either...but I guess that didn't hurt his story at the time.

Separate the two, Bryan. You should know that by now. And Lucas letting his son go live with the only two stable people in his life is the good parent thing to do. I don't know why he needed a hard sell for that! Not like he has mentioned Will at all since the twins have been born...not like Will has even seen the twins yet...not like they HAVEN'T NAMED THEIR DAUGHTER YET!!!
He should have needed a hard sell to go a week without naming his daughter then take off to give each other massages before they even spend one night at home with the twins...one of which THEY HAVEN'T NAMED YET!

I hope Bryan doesn't really equate himself with Lucas because Lucas sucks as a father!

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, lord, people, he's only been with DAYS since 2003. He isn't exactly James Reynolds!

King
Member Avatar

Thank goodness!!

Thanks for the scoops.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Here's a couple things from our Code of Chivalry aka The Rules.

Quote:

Daytime Royalty does NOT censor curse words, so if you need to use them, feel free.

Daytime Royalty does NOT censor the critique of actors and actresses. If they don't want to be critiqued they shouldn't be in the business.

This isn't directed toward anyone in this thread, but for wondering eyes who thinks our "Freedom of Speech" policy is unsavory :boobs:

Soapsuds
Unregistered

Kenny
Nov 1 2007, 08:12 AM

:o :lol: :rockon: :cheer:
Quote Post Goto Top

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny

LMAO! Agreed! :lol:

Soapsuds
Unregistered

GatsbyGirl
Nov 1 2007, 09:44 PM
Kenny

LMAO! Agreed! :lol:

Who is that in your avatar Gatsbygirl?
Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

That's the guy from the Showtime show, Dexter. So cool!

As for Gerse....I won't miss him. Maybe then we can get someone who is ACTUALLY Sami's son

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 1 2007, 10:16 AM
IMissAremid
Days4Life

I agree about Chris Gerse. He's a great kid and will have other work. And although I think Bryan has every right to say something nice about Chris as a person. I don't like Bryan equating the situation about sending Will to Switzerland and his sending his own son on a flight alone. It looks like Bryan is trying to garner sympathy again. I would like to hear from Ali, and other cast members about Chris leaving. I guess Datillo has made himself the 'go to' guy for any Days news in the magazines. Frankly, I'm sick of Dattilo.

My thoughts exactly.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Nov 1 2007, 09:54 PM
That's the guy from the Showtime show, Dexter. So cool!

Yup, that's Dexter. I flove him. :wub:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply