Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: For Better or Gerse
Topic Started: Nov 1 2007, 07:56 AM (2,013 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Rick
Nov 1 2007, 09:29 PM
Here's a couple things from our Code of Chivalry aka The Rules.

Quote:

Daytime Royalty does NOT censor curse words, so if you need to use them, feel free.

Daytime Royalty does NOT censor the critique of actors and actresses. If they don't want to be critiqued they shouldn't be in the business.

This isn't directed toward anyone in this thread, but for wondering eyes who thinks our "Freedom of Speech" policy is unsavory :boobs:

Holla. :wub:

No one is attacking the actors as human beings. We're just commenting on his acting, which is allowed at many other boards - and is called an opinion - last time I checked.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

there are people on other boards really upset by this news..I swear people will get pissed at any news day puts out...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

^ You're kidding me, right?

People are actually upset about GERSE being let go? :puke:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 2 2007, 10:51 AM

Yes they are. Some people are upset by this because they've grown to know Gerse as Will for the last 4 years.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think people are more upset with the IDEA of his being let go. I agree they handled it VERY poorly. He deserved some sort of going away, fond farewell, etc.

I won't miss him, necessarily.

But top to bottom, "Days" FUCKED UP BIG TIME on how they handled this.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Nov 2 2007, 01:38 AM
there are people on other boards really upset by this news..I swear people will get pissed at any news day puts out...

Ain't that the truth...

Maybe they could've given him a party but he also isn't a main cast member. He was barely on. I just don't understand why they even brought him back for what, like 3 episodes? Stupid.

Oh well. I predict Will will be back by summer with a different actor. I can't complain because I have wanted that for years. Bring back Darian :D

Mason

DrewHamilton
Nov 2 2007, 12:07 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 2 2007, 10:51 AM

Yes they are. Some people are upset by this because they've grown to know Gerse as Will for the last 4 years.

I've known Gerse as Will for four years too, and I feel like throwing a party!

Deleted User
Deleted User

DAYS shouldn't have axed Chris Gerse. He was bad at first, but has really gotten ok in the last year IMHO and looks like he could be Lucas's son. It's a shitty way to treat the kid. I hope he isn't gone permanently, but sounds like he is. Probably gonna be re-cast in a few month's with a model who can't act and is too old to be Sami & Lucas's son really.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 2 2007, 09:36 PM
Kevc1980
Nov 2 2007, 01:38 AM

Ain't that the truth...

Maybe they could've given him a party but he also isn't a main cast member. He was barely on. I just don't understand why they even brought him back for what, like 3 episodes? Stupid.

Oh well. I predict Will will be back by summer with a different actor. I can't complain because I have wanted that for years. Bring back Darian :D

Yes, Darian was the only good Will.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Was Darian the kid with blonde hair and blue eyes? That is the Will that I liked. He looked like he could belong to Ali and he played the part of a brat well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Darian Weiss' acting demo reel.

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGURMHbtvoA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGURMHbtvoA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mulder
Nov 2 2007, 05:07 PM
DAYS shouldn't have axed Chris Gerse. He was bad at first, but has really gotten ok in the last year IMHO and looks like he could be Lucas's son. It's a shitty way to treat the kid. I hope he isn't gone permanently, but sounds like he is. Probably gonna be re-cast in a few month's with a model who can't act and is too old to be Sami & Lucas's son really.

Sorry I don't really see the similarity between Chris and Bryan lookswise. Especially since Chris hit his growth spurt and he appears to be 4-6 inches taller than Bryan. I know that's not Chris's fault and I'm sure he's a nice enough kid, but this is a business and I think getting rid of him is a good business decision for DOOL whether his firing was handled in the most tactful of manners or not.

Mason

Mulder
Nov 2 2007, 05:07 PM

Why not? It's not like he had grown up on the show like Christie Clark or he could actually act (and he couldn't). I honestly don't see why it's such a big deal. If it were someone like Suzanne Rogers, then I could definitely understand, but this is Chris Gerse, for God's sake. It's not a shitty way to treat him. He's an actor (snort), and actors don't keep their jobs forever, so he might as well get used to it now while he's only 16. And frankly, Gerse looked too old to be Lumi's kid anyway.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Lucas does do the right thing by allowing him to move to live with Carrie and Austin. Afterall, it provides him with greater security, and a chance to live his life, get an education without having to deal with the issues at home. Its a good decision for the time being. However, for Will to do to Lucas with everything going on (two new babies, Sami's situation), its pretty sad.

For the actor himself, I never though he was that good. Or, anything worth mentioning so I'm fine with it. I look forward to a recast in the near future. I'm certain we'll get Will back soon (new actor) much older.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply