Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The strike IS happening. :(
Topic Started: Nov 1 2007, 11:10 PM (3,002 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Never heard about the dumping scripts behind trashcan thing. Interesting.

I support the strike but at the same time can't fault the writers who go back to work either because they need the money or because they simply can't pull themselves away from the characters.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...-Says/800027376

FOX Exec Says Strike "Probably a postive" thing

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

OK, I know SOW is known for reporting false rumors as true, but...

Apparently, the new issue of SOW is reporting that LML has been fired......permanently, not just during the writer's strike. It said there is someone else temporarily in charge until they can find a replacement.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (becuase I know reading something like this will), but I think this strike will possibly impact Y&R the most in the long-run, more so than the other soaps. Also, I don't think anyone can fire Latham this fast, because of the union rules, but maybe Sony/CBS want her gone, and they're waiting until its legal to announce it?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Here's what the actual article says:

Sources say The Young and the Restless Lynn Marie Latham who was named head writer in Feb of 2006 and has worked as both Executive producer and head writer since Oct 2006, has been let go.

Sony Exec Steve Kent is reportly running the show until a replacement is named. Kent's title is senior exec vice president of programming and he oversees Y&R and Days. It is unclear who is writing the show at press time.

Y&R would only say that Latham, as a member of WGA, is on strike.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply