Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, Nov. 2
Topic Started: Nov 2 2007, 09:26 AM (929 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Friday, Nov. 2
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[DOHTML]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/To897kyib6A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/To897kyib6A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/DOhtmL]
Clip o' the day: Everyone finds out Lucas is Will's father.
(side note: I miss Jensen Ackles so much...)

DISCUSS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm actually starting to get into the sorority storyline. :unsure:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

How cute were Bo and Hope as well as Steve and Kayla (before EJ broke the door down) today. I loved it.

WTH does the baby girl Horton/Roberts whatever have a first name? Is this a hint of something will happen to her. Name her already.

I do enjoy the sorority storyline. Very believable so far. Minus all of the people at the sorority party knowing exactly what is going on and just standing there watching everything unfold. However, I can overlook that. I am interested to see more about Stephanie's memories.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

JtSmarts
Nov 2 2007, 12:38 PM
I'm actually starting to get into the sorority storyline.  :unsure:

I love how so many people seem to like this storyline but feel so guilty about admitting it. LOL. You are not alone. It's OK. As much as I hate the show jumping back into the rape issue, this is not turning out as horrific as I expected it would. I thought Jamie Chung turned in a really strong performance as Cordy. And more Stephanie flashbacks to her strange encounter the other night. Eek. The actor who is playing Ford continues to do an excellent job of creeping me the fuck out. BTW, I think he was wearing the same boxers as the guy in Stephanie's creepy flashbacks. Now given he's already being busted I take it this story is going to be more about the rape aftermath than the rape itself. I just hope they don't preach us to death but really give us a good dramatic story out of this, maybe even with Kayla telling Stephanie about her experience with Jack. Not sure if Stephanie even knows about that.

I love the scoring of this episode A LOT. We had just a little hint of Santeen piano when Lucas found the note transitioning into this ominous thing when he picks up the piece of paper. I liked the Santo Domingo shot too. But already ten minutes in we've had two people having back-to-back flashbacks. Guess it's Flashback Filler Friday.

Yay for Bope birthday cuteness with Ciara (Does DOOL have some cute baby factory that churns out these kids or what? Because the cutest babies in daytime by FAR live in Salem!) and more light romance with the photo album and kissing mixed in with the darkness of the rest of this episode. Plus, there's Steve and Kayla sharing a kiss cuteness. Uh oh... that playfulness turning into screaming has EJ bursting in. Damn Steve and Kayla need better locks cause that was way too easy for EJ. And yeah EJ is pretty irrational expecting them to let him see his son, but it's so in character for EJ to be delusional about this and think it's his right for him to see his kid the same way Stefano is delusional about thinking it'll be a piece of cake to take Sami and EJ to Italy to raise Gianni/Johnny there. And Sami is so delusional thinking that Stefano and EJ will have no interest in raising the kid. Just reinforces for me why Sami makes such a great addition to the DiMera family.

Still not caring about Lumi but at least in this instance Hogan is writing this rather than JER so Lucas busts Sami the next day after Sami finds out the truth about Johnny not making us wait through months or years of Sami looking pensive as we listen to her internal monologues over what will happen if the truth were to come out.

Stop using the lame metaphor "stirred up a hornet's nest," DOOL. It is as played out in your writing as the Elvis has left the building jokes.

Was it just me or was there some foreshadowing to the way that Steve told Kayla and Bo told Hope that they had wanted to get revenge on the DiMeras but it was their love for them that kept them from acting on those impulses. Maybe this means someone like Marlena who has lost the love of her life will be the one to go after the DiMeras then? I can only hope.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why haven't they named the baby girl? :unsure:

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I am glad Morgan was saved. :D

I felt sad for Ej...I can not wait to see him hold his son. ...Hot daddy!

I was happy to see Sami and Lucas fight...Once again he showed her no mercy...So glad that marriage is close to over. :lol:

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm also enjoying the sorority storyline--a huge improvement over what we were being force-fed all summer. This is a good group of younger actors and they are doing a great job. I'm even interested in what happened to Stephanie...although I think it's obvious now.

Sami is being delusional. She should know there's no way EJ and Stefano would let Lucas raise the newest Dimera (sorry, I'm having a hard time calling him John, and I hate the name Johnny). I do see potential for the old, feisty Sami to return and battle EJ over the parenting of the baby and also a custody fight between Sami and Lucas over the little girl. I can't wait for their divorce to be final so maybe Sami can get back to her old self. And does it bother anyone else that despite the sadness of their marriage being over and the baby boy belonging to EJ and Sami weeping all over herself, Lucas's expression never changes? Sadness, anger, despair--he always looks the same. Maybe it's an acting choice--he's trying to appear stoic and strong for Sami--but BD does this all the time, and it bothers me. Facial expression is crucial in acting (and that's why some actors need to lay off the Botox), and I wish BD would improve in this regard.

Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Days4Life
Nov 2 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm also enjoying the sorority storyline--a huge improvement over what we were being force-fed all summer. This is a good group of younger actors and they are doing a great job. I'm even interested in what happened to Stephanie...although I think it's obvious now.

Sami is being delusional. She should know there's no way EJ and Stefano would let Lucas raise the newest Dimera (sorry, I'm having a hard time calling him John, and I hate the name Johnny). I do see potential for the old, feisty Sami to return and battle EJ over the parenting of the baby and also a custody fight between Sami and Lucas over the little girl. I can't wait for their divorce to be final so maybe Sami can get back to her old self. And does it bother anyone else that despite the sadness of their marriage being over and the baby boy belonging to EJ and Sami weeping all over herself, Lucas's expression never changes? Sadness, anger, despair--he always looks the same. Maybe it's an acting choice--he's trying to appear stoic and strong for Sami--but BD does this all the time, and it bothers me. Facial expression is crucial in acting (and that's why some actors need to lay off the Botox), and I wish BD would improve in this regard.

I liked today's episode. The sorority stuff is watchable but still I can't understand what has made Chelsea into such a goody-two shoes. Her voice has changed, she's understanding, she's sweet, concerned, and a good friend. Have I missed something with her, a brain transplant or shock treatments perhaps? And I have to say from years of watching Days the Bo and Hope scenes had me worried. I never like it when they are so happy saying things like, 'What would I do without you?' Hope giving Bo the scrapbook of memories. That's always ominous to me, I hope I'm wrong. :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 2 2007, 04:04 PM
I liked today's episode. The sorority stuff is watchable but still I can't understand what has made Chelsea into such a goody-two shoes. Her voice has changed, she's understanding, she's sweet, concerned, and a good friend. Have I missed something with her, a brain transplant or shock treatments perhaps? And I have to say from years of watching Days the Bo and Hope scenes had me worried. I never like it when they are so happy saying things like, 'What would I do without you?' Hope giving Bo the scrapbook of memories. That's always ominous to me, I hope I'm wrong. :)

It happened when Stephanie returned and Abby left back in May. Stephanie became Chelsea, and Chelsea became Abby.

Jonatha

DrewHamilton
Nov 2 2007, 03:08 PM
Jonatha
Nov 2 2007, 04:04 PM
I liked today's episode.  The sorority stuff is watchable but still I can't understand what has made Chelsea into such a goody-two shoes.  Her voice has changed, she's understanding, she's sweet, concerned, and a good friend.  Have I missed something with her, a brain transplant or shock treatments perhaps?  And I have to say from years of watching Days the Bo and Hope scenes had me worried.  I never like it when they are so happy saying things like, 'What would I do without you?'  Hope giving Bo the scrapbook of memories. That's always ominous to me, I hope I'm wrong.  :)

It happened when Stephanie returned and Abby left back in May. Stephanie became Chelsea, and Chelsea became Abby.

Ok, thanks Drew you cleared that up for me. :D

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

:lol: It's the easiest way to sum it up. Nothing actually happened to mature Chelsea. You can't really say it was Nick because after Abby left town, Nick and Chelsea pretty much were kept apart until recently.

Hogan needed a good girl to conflict with a bad girl, so without Abby on anymore, he put Chelsea into the good girl position, and made Stephanie the bad girl.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I found today's show both frustrating and rewarding.

The good-Sorority Row. I continue to love Morgan and Max. Loved his resolve to rescue her once Cordy helped them put the clues together about Ford being the rapist. Sorry I just can't feel sorry for Stephanie mooning over Uncle Max. Hurry up NuJeremy.

The bad-regardless of the situation, I think it was wrong of Steve and Kayla to not even let EJ look at the baby. He was not threatening. He didn't say give him to me, I'm taking him away. Once again the holierthanthou Bradys pronounce who can have feelings and presume to know exactly what they are if they do. I find it boring when the good guys are so nasty and get away with it. The hazmet crapola was OTT and someone should get a huge smackdown for that. I wonder if most people realize just how hideously expensive it is to call out the crew? And for a ruse, that was just ridiculous.

The worst-the everlasting Lumi moaning and pissing marathon. LET IT BE OVER...please. If this was the only time, I would not be so uncaring, but this is just he latest boohoo fest. This pair is not romantic, not sexy and just puke-inducing. I'm still a little queasy thinking Lucas would have boinked Sami one day after birthing twins---ewwwwwwww. One of the biggest tragedies of the Lumi pairing has been the disappearance of Sami Brady. She only ever shows up around EJ. We saw a peek of her yesterday with Belle. Hopefully, we will soon see the return of Sami. I can take hateful, manipulative and scheming Sami, when appropriate but I despise mewling, kowtowing, obsequious Sami.

Jonatha

DrewHamilton
Nov 2 2007, 03:12 PM
:lol: It's the easiest way to sum it up. Nothing actually happened to mature Chelsea. You can't really say it was Nick because after Abby left town, Nick and Chelsea pretty much were kept apart until recently.

Hogan needed a good girl to conflict with a bad girl, so without Abby on anymore, he put Chelsea into the good girl position, and made Stephanie the bad girl.

I know you are right, Drew, but this is the exact kind of thing that makes me want to pull my hair out.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Chelsea started changing around last Christmas when she reconciled with Hope and Nick came along. She had a few regressions but, like Drew said, May is when her character became much softer. Stephanie was like a more extreme version of Chelsea and they are starting work their way out of that now.

I enjoy the sorority story. The acting has been good and I really like the approach. It's being taken seriously and the focus is more on the rape's impact rather then the rape. Love Max saving Morgan and seeing Billie do something is a plus. Stephanie being understanding and letting Max go to Morgan was nice too. Chick being together makes this even better. The actor playing Ford is pretty good and the actress playing Cordy did a real good job. I like her parents being around too. It was all well-done and the vague flashbacks of what happened to Stephanie are creepy. This story could be really good if Days continues to write it this way.

Loved Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla getting some romance and cute scenes. These are the scenes that were missing from Days earlier this year and this summer. We've been getting them more lately and that is a good thing. Bo helping Steve and Kayla was fun, especially with Hope's reaction. Also, loving Stefano and EJ going after Johnny. I wish Kate would stay out of their business though. She knows they had John killed yet she hangs around there all because she is desperate to keep Lucas around. I think she will come out of this next week though.

Sami and Lucas was sad but I am just glad the divorce has happened and we are going somewhere. I love Lumi but I am just glad the merry go around has come to an end.

Not a bad week. I enjoyed pretty much everything. Wednesday and Thursday lagged for me but not too bad.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Alright i skipped some of tuesday's episode and didn't watch yesterdays..What happened to Stephanie??????? Did something happen offscreen before she showed up to Steve and Kayla's? I saw the weird memory flash of hers and had no idea what it was about...But i'm very intrigued..

Great stuff with the sorority stuff today..i like that storyline..Its very refreshing compared to lumi/ejami..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Nov 2 2007, 03:26 PM
Alright i skipped some of tuesday's episode and didn't watch yesterdays..What happened to Stephanie??????? Did something happen offscreen before she showed up to Steve and Kayla's? I saw the weird memory flash of hers and had no idea what it was about...But i'm very intrigued..

Great stuff with the sorority stuff today..i like that storyline..Its very refreshing compared to lumi/ejami..

It's hard to say, Kev. They never came out with it. She showed up at Steve and Kayla's and told Kayla she was partying and was all over some guys. She called herself a whore and Kayla told her that she can't call herself that because, if she were, she would've slept with all those men. That comment seemed to affect her. She was also obsessed with showering and changing her clothes before going back to campus. She mentioned it like three times and, at the end of the episode, she said that Max would never forgive her after what happened last night and then broke down in tears.

Yesterday and today she had those vague flashbacks so my guess is she was raped by Ford, especially since it seems whoever was in the flashbacks had the same boxers on as Ford. I think she blames herself in a way because she was always flirting with guys and so on. She had an affected look on her face when Corday came forward and when listening to the fight between Jett, Max, and Ford so I think she was a victim.

Days4Life
Unregistered

pspcindy
Nov 2 2007, 03:14 PM

The bad-regardless of the situation, I think it was wrong of Steve and Kayla to not even let EJ look at the baby. He was not threatening. He didn't say give him to me, I'm taking him away. Once again the holierthanthou Bradys pronounce who can have feelings and presume to know exactly what they are if they do. I find it boring when the good guys are so nasty and get away with it. The hazmet crapola was OTT and someone should get a huge smackdown for that. I wonder if most people realize just how hideously expensive it is to call out the crew? And for a ruse, that was just ridiculous.

I agree; they should have let EJ see the baby. This has been a huge problem for me regarding the Bradys and their treatment of EJ--every time he's tried to be helpful, or honest, or even makes a polite request (such as asking very nicely to see his son), they insult him, do their best to make a fool of him, or actually take advantage of their positions with the Salem PD to thwart and antagonize him. I'm starting to think of the Bradys as the villains of the story.
Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

From what I am reading online I think I would like the college storyline. I just haven't bothered to watch the other days because I am just tired of the whole Sami/Lucas/EJ story and didn't even tape the shows on DVR. The college storyline just isn't enough for me to tune in and even FF the boring stuff to watch the college stuff. I will have to do a search on You Tube this weekend to see if anyone puts clips of this up.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am starting to like the sorority storyline too. Today's episode was pretty good. It is a big improvement over the Touch the Sky crap from this summer. I love that we are seeing Max more, Darin is so cute!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I enjoyed today's show.....

My Mom's reaction to Ford was....

"Who would want him?!?!"

:lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply