Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Writer's Guild of America goes on strike; beginning Monday, November 5
Topic Started: Nov 3 2007, 09:56 PM (646 Views)
Syria1

The Writer's Guild of America goes on strike beginning Monday, November 5. "Days" will not be affected in the short-term, as all of November's episodes have already been taped. If the strike lasts more than a few weeks, then the first effects would be felt with the December 3 episode. While scripts are already written for most of December's episodes, there would be no one to make any re-writes of scenes which occur almost daily at taping. "Days" did continue production during the last writer's strike, which lasted six months in 1988. It is not yet known how NBC will proceed with this writer's strike, whether they will use scab writers or shut down production of the show for the duration of the strike. Other than daytime soaps, all other shows shut down production for the duration of the strike in 1988. More news will be posted when it becomes available.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Well, if it's up to NBC, I'm sure they'll just shut down production of the DAYS rather than bring on scab writers. Wouldn't want this to go any smoother than it has to, now would we? :eyeroll: <_<

daysfan
Member Avatar

Oh my goodness, if this goes all the way into December(which it might but we'll see) it'll effect it even so soon?!

Oh this doesn't look good. I mean really, the Writers Guild seem to be at such a block who knows when the hell they will compromise.

Ellie

I'm actually hopeful that whatever replacement writers they bring in would do a better job than the current writing team.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Personally, I want to hear Corday's and Hogan's comments.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I'm not interested in anything Corday has to say, but I would like to hear from Hogan about this (although I think we kind of already have, now that I think about it).

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Well, if writers are truly artists they'll be compelled to write regardless of whether they're "on strike." So, I hope the people at Days take any time off to sit and think, to reflect on the crap they've spewed recently and come up with something more coherent.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 3 2007, 11:29 PM
I'm not interested in anything Corday has to say, but I would like to hear from Hogan about this (although I think we kind of already have, now that I think about it).

Hogan spoke in an article posted here awhile back, but I don't think he talked about what would happen to Days or anything, just about the strike in general it would happen.

I don't want to hear anything from Corday either, its hard to believe him at all anymore. <_<

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

oy vey

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply