Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, Nov. 5
Topic Started: Nov 5 2007, 02:58 AM (955 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Monday, Nov. 5
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PW5-OVfkr0c&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PW5-OVfkr0c&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Clip o' the day: Brady and Chloe's wedding reception.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

That picture from J&M's wedding is beautiful. DAMN JERk for ruining it with his Alex North shit! :angry:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMA, who are the two little kids in that wedding pic? Please don't tell me its Brady and Belle. If so, that's totally dumb. Belle and Brady are not THAT much younger than Sami.

peaches179

Jinxed Soul
Nov 5 2007, 09:46 AM
IMA, who are the two little kids in that wedding pic? Please don't tell me its Brady and Belle. If so, that's totally dumb. Belle and Brady are not THAT much younger than Sami.

Yep. That's who it is.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Yes, If I remember correctly, this is the wedding where John and Marlena came back from there honeymoon and Belle and Brady were grown up. John and or Marlena made the comment about them getting so big while they were gone. :shame:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

That picture captures the crime of extreme sorasing so well. I do remember when John and Marlena wed and Belle was the flower girl. John was kidnapped by Steffy to resume his activites with Gina/Hope and when all was said and done, Belle was a teen played by Kirsten Storms. The sl could not have talken more than six months, I'm not sure but the sorasing was staggering. I did, however, like KS and JS as Belle and Shawn back then. I also loved Philip and Chloe, until Brady the newest sactimonious Salem dweller intruded. Ach...bad memories.

Thanks IMiss, you always have a treat for us, even on the dullest, most insipid days on Days.

Can we have a looped clip of EJ's fantasy of shooting Lucas for tomorrow's thread? That thought might make the stomach-turning Lumi crap tolerable.

Today might not be so bad. Belle continues to shake some of the glitter off her hooha by telling Shawn she put a monkey wrench in his plans to be the newest corrupt Salem policeman. LOLOLOL And no Lumi, YAY!!!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Nov 5 2007, 11:09 AM
That picture captures the crime of extreme sorasing so well. I do remember when John and Marlena wed and Belle was the flower girl. John was kidnapped by Steffy to resume his activites with Gina/Hope and when all was said and done, Belle was a teen played by Kirsten Storms. The sl could not have talken more than six months, I'm not sure but the sorasing was staggering. I did, however, like KS and JS as Belle and Shawn back then. I also loved Philip and Chloe, until Brady the newest sactimonious Salem dweller intruded. Ach...bad memories.

Thanks IMiss, you always have a treat for us, even on the dullest, most insipid days on Days.

Can we have a looped clip of EJ's fantasy of shooting Lucas for tomorrow's thread? That thought might make the stomach-turning Lumi crap tolerable.

Today might not be so bad. Belle continues to shake some of the glitter off her hooha by telling Shawn she put a monkey wrench in his plans to be the newest corrupt Salem policeman. LOLOLOL And no Lumi, YAY!!!!!

LOL Cindy. I'm not sure if such a video of Lucas getting shot on a loop exists but if you find it let me know.

Still, unless someone beats me to making the daily threads, it's going to be all wedding stuff, all the time for your clips this week. :lol:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Another Phelle kiss. :wub:

It should be interesting to see how many more people Hope tells about Philip and Belle.

Jonatha

Nixsoaps
Nov 5 2007, 01:24 PM
Another Phelle kiss. :wub:

It should be interesting to see how many more people Hope tells about Philip and Belle.

I'm watching live and can't believe the Belle and Philip scene. She has abandonment issues because Philip left Salem, and Shawn was the only one around to comfort her? I remember Belle chasing after Shawn during her marriage to Philip. I'm not believing what Hope is doing either. :bs:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 5 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm watching live and can't believe the Belle and Philip scene. She has abandonment issues because Philip left Salem, and Shawn was the only one around to comfort her? I remember Belle chasing after Shawn during her marriage to Philip. I'm not believing what Hope is doing either. :bs:

And that is why I can't buy Phelle as a couple. The whole time Belle was married to Philip she wanted Shawn.

I do get that maybe she felt that she might have some unresolved feelings about her marriage with Philip. But abandonment NO. In fact I think she was more offended that Philip just sent divorce papers through the mail with a check and Shawn had moved on with Willow after his marriage with Mimi ended.

She was right in the Philip took off when she didn't go running back to his arms. She said she needed time to sort out her feelings and couldn't promise their marriage would work out. Philip took off because she couldn't promise him anything. But at that time she didn't say she wanted Shawn to him.

Again I just think it makes Philip look pathetic (unless this is a master plan to destory Shelle for revenge) to be chasing after a girl who didn't want him in the first place.

Jonatha

cubsgirl
Nov 5 2007, 02:06 PM
Jonatha
Nov 5 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm watching live and can't believe the Belle and Philip scene.  She has abandonment issues because Philip left Salem, and Shawn was the only one around to comfort her? I remember Belle chasing after Shawn during her marriage to Philip.  I'm not believing what Hope is doing either.  :bs:

And that is why I can't buy Phelle as a couple. The whole time Belle was married to Philip she wanted Shawn.

I do get that maybe she felt that she might have some unresolved feelings about her marriage with Philip. But abandonment NO. In fact I think she was more offended that Philip just sent divorce papers through the mail with a check and Shawn had moved on with Willow after his marriage with Mimi ended.

She was right in the Philip took off when she didn't go running back to his arms. She said she needed time to sort out her feelings and couldn't promise their marriage would work out. Philip took off because she couldn't promise him anything. But at that time she didn't say she wanted Shawn to him.

Again I just think it makes Philip look pathetic (unless this is a master plan to destory Shelle for revenge) to be chasing after a girl who didn't want him in the first place.

I think they are dragging this out because they are waiting for Chloe to return. Then, I think, this long and agonizing triangle will turn into a quadrangle, hopefully more watchable. I still don't like Hope's reaction and Bo going nuts about it as well. Does no one have free will in Salem?

daysfan
Member Avatar

The Phelle relationship, if they want it to work, needs to not be rushed into. First they need to slowly show why Belle is falling in love with Philip, not how she missed him during all this time. It needs to be taken slow, since all the way from '04 until recently she made it look like she didn't care for Philip except as some guy to marry while Shawn was off with Jan or Mimi.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I do not deny there is serious history rewrites for Phelle. I know she chased after Shawn the whole time she was with Philip and I didn't like that when she did it. I think it is interesting that we are seeing a different side of Belle, she is no longer a high school student, she is a grown woman and mother.

With so many rewrites in this show, I am willing to overlook this, just as so many things I have been forced to in the past. I liked Phelle when they were married, I like them now. Friends or enemies, I think these two are good together.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ok..Here are my opinions...Shawn just looks weak...I am suppose to see him as a grown man in his late 20's...Yet his parents coddle him and he acts like a boy in his late teens, not sexy...not worthy of being held onto. When I see him I think... no wonder Belle is screwing around with Phillip all the time...When the Phelle kiss happened today Belle 's little brain flashed back to her trist with Phillip...This tells me that something more then pity or lust is going on here. I would not be surprised at all if Phelle ends up reunited.

Hope and Kayla...While it was nice to see these two actors working together, I have to say I am tired of the SHELLE pimping. I'd like to see Bope just be Bope...Not Bope always worrying about Shawn and Belle...I would like to see the vets used more then just props..JMO

I like the picture of J&M...very pretty....The clip of Broe made me excited about Nadia's return. :D

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Nov 5 2007, 05:22 PM
Ok..Here are my opinions...Shawn just looks weak...I am suppose to see him as a grown man in his late 20's...Yet his parents coddle him and he acts like a boy in his late teens, not sexy...not worthy of being held onto. When I see him I think... no wonder Belle is screwing around with Phillip all the time...When the Phelle kiss happened today Belle 's little brain flashed back to her trist with Phillip...This tells me that something more then pity or lust is going on here. I would not be surprised at all if Phelle ends up reunited.

As a fan of Shawn I do agree with what you are saying. But I still think he has come a long way from where he was last year yelling and blaming anyone that he thought wronged him.

With Phelle though I see Philip chasing after a woman that didn't want him before. He is just coming off pathetic to me telling Belle what she is feeling, etc. I really hope that Philip is really up to no good with all of this. Totally playing Belle which results in Shelle breaking up and then he dumps her as all part of his plan. That would be the sneaky Kirakis in him coming out. He beats Shawn by taking Belle away from him and gets revenge on Belle for not really loving him the way she should have.

Basically all three are being written pretty bad during this storyline. I just hope at the end there is a point and at least some of the characters are likeable in end.

jcar03
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Nov 5 2007, 11:09 AM

Yeah, John and Marlena were married in June or July 1999 and went on their honeymoon and when they came back Belle had been aged. Kirsten Storms first airdate was August 5th, 1999.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Today's episode was REALLY ANNOYING.

I was annoyed that even though it was EJamicas free that it still started with Kayla and Hope rehashing EJamicas drama. I was annoyed that every instinct Hope had about telling the truth was right but Kayla kept giving her best friend such horrible advice in coddling her son and keeping the secret about Belle. I hate that the whole rationale for lying to Shawn is: 1) he's apparently too much of a wimp to handle the emotional hurt of his dream girl cheating on him 2) even though he's got a 2-year-old kid and in his mid/late 20s, he's apparently too immature to handle such news without totally flipping out and breaking the law somehow going after the guy she slept with 3) he's too much of a loser to deserve better than a fiance that cheats on him with her ex-husband.

I was annoyed that the rest of the episode backed up their rationale as Shawn spent the whole time at the police academy whining to Bo that Bo's nepotism wasn't good enough to get him into the academy when the truth of his past reckless behavior came to light thanks to the letter. Sorry, DOOL, I DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR SHAWN NOT GETTING HIRED BY THE SALEM PD because the academy found out he did fuck up. And you can't make me. Because I really don't think this hothead belongs there and even more, I'm annoyed how they seem to be shoving all these Shawn comparisons to Bo down my throat. It doesn't make me like Shawn more. It makes me like Shawn less because he will never be Bo and I'd rather the show let him be his own person.

The best part of the episode was Phelle I guess. I love that Phillip's response to Belle whining about the two of them having made love in her bed with Shawn was: Let's do it again. LOL. Also liked the line about them not being in high school anymore. But even the Phelle stuff was annoying. The rewritten history bothered me TONS and it hasn't other days. Belle playing the victim for their marriage falling apart was irksome. Phillip raising valid points about how her heart was with Shawn during their marriage and Belle dismissing them and pitying herself simply because Phillip wasn't clairvoyant enough to realize Belle was just playing hard to get in their own marriage and Phillip accepting that as rational and OK was infuriating. Also, hated how quickly she dismissed Phillip's valid point that Shawn was actually not there to help her pick up the pieces after the Claire reveal because he was too busy playing house with an ex-hooker. And to hear Belle blames HERSELF for Willow and pushing Shawn to her? UM WHAT? That's all kinds of fucked up.

Further annoying me was that so much of their scene seemed like it was ripped out of an old EJ and Sami scene with the same exact back and forth of Belle telling him to get out as her fiance will be home any minute and doth protesting too much about what happened while Phillip keeps pressuring her to admit her feelings for him and insisting he knows her better than she knows herself or she wants to admit. I wish they would give Phelle their own dynamic but a lot of the time it feels to me like they are recycling Ejami lines and it's annoying even though I like Ejami, or maybe because of it.

And that Bo's reaction to findout Belle slept with Phillip isn't being mad at the trampy fiance who's breaking his son's heart but mad at his brother? Huh?

If everyone is giving Belle a free pass because they feel bad for her that John died, then say so. Because I can't think of any other freaking reason they would do this.

Keith
Member Avatar

Mary, I have to say the best part of the show is reading your rants. :lol:

I actually saw some of it.

I'm really beginning to think that irreparable damage has been done to this younger set and that they simply fail to have any positive impact on the show, no matter who their parents are, how hot Brandon Beemer is, or how talented Martha Madison is. Why are we supposed to care about them?

Oh, and Hope keeping anything from Bo again after all the work Hogan did to bring them back to their greatness (which most writers have failed to do)? Way to screw up one of your only successes, moron.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 5 2007, 08:54 PM
Mary, I have to say the best part of the show is reading your rants. :lol:

I actually saw some of it.

I'm really beginning to think that irreparable damage has been done to this younger set and that they simply fail to have any positive impact on the show, no matter who their parents are, how hot Brandon Beemer is, or how talented Martha Madison is. Why are we supposed to care about them?

Oh, and Hope keeping anything from Bo again after all the work Hogan did to bring them back to their greatness (which most writers have failed to do)? Way to screw up one of your only successes, moron.

I agree with Keith. I love your take on the show Mary. All three characters in this story have been written horribly along with the rewrites to try and make it work.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I see where Hope is coming from in the sense that she wants to protect Shawn, but this is gonna get ugly. Haven't these Salemites learnt the truth always comes out, sooner or later??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply