Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Monday, Nov. 5
Topic Started: Nov 5 2007, 02:58 AM (945 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I fail to see these so called rewrites or what is so wrong about Hope keeping the truth from Shawn. First off, she told Bo after what, a day in Salem time? That isn't bad, really. I can see why she wouldn't tell him the truth. Shawn is a hot head, just like Bo. If Bo was in a battle with someone, Hope would not tell him something she knew would send him off in a rage big enough to kill. She would keep whatever it was from him to protect him from doing something he would regret. Same with Shawn. His future is at stake. He has already made so many mistakes and learning the truth could push him so far over the edge he never comes back. I don't see how it's not in character for her to do this.

As for the 3 characters, Shawn should be like this after all the mistakes he has made. He is afraid to fail again. He knows what it's like to lose everything so when the threat of that happening arises, he is going to be like he is. Belle is confused and she should be. Philip just up and left last year after learning about Claire. There was no closure. She was married to him for over a year. She did love him so her wavering right now is logical. Philip came back to Salem in January a suffering man. He knew he had lost Belle when he left. He lost Claire. He lost his leg before. His face was damaged. I am sure Victor planted the seeds for him to fight back, especially with Shawn and Belle reuniting in his absence. The rage built up and he exploded while fighting for what he lost.

Nearly dying on the boat changed all that. It made Philip realize he was going about it all wrong so he took a new approach, allowing Belle to open her heart once again to him because she was seeing the kind, loving man she fell in love with. Again, I ask where is the rewrites? I don't see any. The story actually has a great follow through.

As for today's show, loved Hope/Kayla and Shawn/Bo. Nice family relationship scenes that are classic Days. Nice seeing Ciara more too.

Belle/Philip was good drama that alluded to some of what I mentioned above. Philip and Belle laying their cards out on the table really helped this story along and the ending with Belle's reveal about the letter was a nice soap twisty-ending. Love Hope telling Bo the truth too.

Nice Lucas/Sami/EJ free day and looking forward to tomorrow.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Okay show today..it was nice having a break from sami, ej, and lucas...But I really wish Hogan would get more stories going...We have a full cast of characters and only 3 stories going on: the sorority rape storyline, sami/lucas/ej, and Shelle/Phelle...

I'm just excited for the end of the week, when it looks like action returns to the show..

SpiritualJunkie

Rewrites or no (I wasn't watching Days when the other Philip was on), I'm for Phelle. I don't care if Belle was pining for Shawn the entire time her and Philip were married, Martha Madison & Brandon Beemer have little chemistry not to mention the way Shelle are written in general just irks me. They're written as this great supercouple who happen to be the children of supercouples. Even when they don't seem to click, it seems like we're forced to like them because of that idea I just mentioned. And that's all it is...an idea. Yet somehow, it's become fact.

I haven't yet watched today's episode but I'm glad to hear that Philip is challenging Belle's constant self-victimization. I just hope he keeps doing so and that they deal with the whole thing in a bigger way in the future.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just watched today's episode on SOAPnet, and Phillip is such a psycho stalker. How many times did Belle have to tell him, "No! Leave! NO! LEAVE!" before he finally left? It was that same back-and-forth for the entire episode... quite annoying.

Martha Madison is the best actress in her age group on soaps today. The girl floors me. I don't care whether Belle is with Phillip or with Shawn, but Martha actually makes me care about Belle in general.

Very annoyed that today's episode featured nothing but the Shawn/Belle/Phillip triangle and the re-hash of it between Hope/Kayla and Shawn/Bo.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 6 2007, 12:31 AM
I just watched today's episode on SOAPnet, and Phillip is such a psycho stalker. How many times did Belle have to tell him, "No! Leave! NO! LEAVE!" before he finally left? It was that same back-and-forth for the entire episode... quite annoying.

The whole time I was watching I was going STALKER with Philip. He even had the crazy look in his eye.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

cubsgirl
Nov 6 2007, 01:14 AM
Kenny
Nov 6 2007, 12:31 AM

The whole time I was watching I was going STALKER with Philip. He even had the crazy look in his eye.

LOL. You guys!

I even like Phillip and Phelle and I think I got that stalker vibe too but that was one part I left out of my rant earlier. Haha. I actually think that was part of what pissed me off about the scenes because like I said they were writing EJami-like dialogue for Phelle and JKJ just sounds boring like he has roid rage when he gets all intense pressuring Belle whereas even when EJ is written as bat shit crazy stalker I think James Scott makes the character and the dynamic between EJ and Sami a lot more compelling.

Get Phillip and Belle their own schtick, Hogan. I hate the way this show insists on writing Belle just like Sami, Phillip just like EJ and Shawn just like Lucas.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Phillip did seem kind of stalkerish and definitely obsessed with Belle today. I did like the scenes though. The rest of the show was pretty boring today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply