Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
David/Alex Spoilers
Topic Started: Nov 5 2007, 09:27 AM (243 Views)
Jonatha

Source: New York Daily News

One love to scam on 'One Life to Live'
By CAROLYN HINSEY

David proposes to Alex this week on "One Life to Live," but love has nothing to do with it.

"Just a couple of idiots trying to pull the wool over each other's eyes," says Tuc Watkins, who plays the gold-digging groom.

Unbeknownst to David, he is Asa Buchanan's son and is therefore entitled to a piece of his fortune. Alex overheard this, which explains her sudden attraction to David and the cockamamie plan to marry him. "David is working at Dreamland, which is a high-priced rehab center to the stars," says Watkins. "He figures he will meet some rich starlet and after a couple massages, she will invite him to live in her pool house."

But Alex gets there first.

"She has checked in due to a sex addiction, which really turns him on," adds Watkins. "Also, David remembers she is Asa's ex and has had several other exes, so she must have tons of dough. He turns on the charm and convinces her that he can treat her, even though he has absolutely no qualifications."

The proposal isn't exactly poetic.

"He says, 'You really ought to marry me because I'm the only guy who will stand by you while you're enduring this horribly embarrassing addiction.' She's easily won over because she has ulterior motives. She knows David is the heir to a bunch of dough. David doesn't know that, though."

"I think David's going to be the last person to know that," says Watkins. As for the wedding, "They get married in matching white track-suits at Dreamland. It's obviously a very classy ceremony. They make the vows up as they go along. David's have mostly to do with, 'As long as she stays healthy, I won't take her money. 'I don't even think Alex says 'I do,' but they endup with rings on their fingers when they go to Texas."

They head to Texas for the reading of Asa's will, where Alex hopes they'll come into some money. "They never even consummate the marriage," chortles Watkins. "They are both so eager to get money out of each other they forget to lie down together. I believe this will be the only marriage in 'One Life to Live' history that doesn't lead to a sex scene

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

This is going to be comedy gold.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Agh I can't wait!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I don't watch OLTL..but this sounds great..ABC is smart to use Tuc Watkins, now that he is on DH as well..Way to cross promote the shows..I wish Days would do something creative like this..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply