Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 9 News: *UPDATED 11/11*; Looks like a February premiere!
Topic Started: Nov 5 2007, 06:47 PM (1,217 Views)
King
Member Avatar

New 'Big Brother' could air this winter
Nov 6, 2007, 03:46 PM | by Lynette Rice

Big Brother fans, prepare to celebrate the Writers Guild strike. A reliable source says CBS is quietly ramping up production on a ninth cycle of the reality show to begin airing in late January or early February if the strike persists well into the holidays. It's easy for CBS to fire up production on BB because it owns the house (which is located on the network's Studio City, CA lot) and it casts for the show year-round. We hear executive producer Allison Grodner is already hiring production staff and, of course, Julie "Chenbot" Chen would return as host. A CBS spokesperson declined comment.

Like seasons past, the network would probably air the show thrice-weekly, although there's always the possibility of adding more nights since action occurs around-the-clock in the BB house. Last summer, fans demonstrated their desire to watch even more of the house happenings by tuning into to Big Brother: After Dark on Showtime. It's unclear whether the nightly feeds will resume with this new cycle, though it seems likely. If the midseason BB does go forward, it is unlikely to affect the regular summer run of the show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

LoL, Mike.....we're on the same page! I just posted this. I'll go delete mine though.

King
Member Avatar

LOL!

King
Member Avatar

I like the idea of airing it in March. I don't like the idea of Celebs! UGH!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^^ITA

I wouldn't mind seeing BB come back earlier, but I don't want celebs!

We all know they'll be lame ass Z-listers. I want 12-14 people who don't know each other!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Why would they want celebs. Its called Surreal life for god sakes.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Exactly!

SoapKing
Unregistered

I hope it returns soon. I need my BB fix :D
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mateo
Nov 5 2007, 06:51 PM
^^^ITA

I wouldn't mind seeing BB come back earlier, but I don't want celebs!

We all know they'll be lame ass Z-listers. I want 12-14 people who don't know each other!

Yeah I don't like the idea of celebs either. The all-star season contestants were whiny and self-absorbed and obsessed with boring namedropping enough having had their little flirtation with fame via their reality stardom. I have to imagine actual celebrities would be even worse.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I like the idea of BB airing in March. I'll probably be able to watch more episodes on tv. During the summer, I miss a lot more episodes and have to resort to watching them online. However, I think the shift may cause a decline in ratings. I expect fewer persons under 18 to be able to watch as often due to school.

The idea of using celebrities is neat if my preference of celebrities are selected. I imagine everyone will say the same there. However, I'm very indifferent of how much I will like the season and how it will do as far as ratings go. Everyone will have a precieved notion about the cast members. Usually the viewers no nothing about the cast, and get to know them as the show progresses. In this case, before the show even starts, many viewers will already have an opinon of who they want to see succeed and whatnot.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Just cast us on it...We're celebs damn it :lol:

jcar03
Member Avatar

Well if it is a celebrity edition it isn't going to be anyone who has worked in awhile. No working celebrity is going to sign up to be put in a house for 3 months and lose roles. Surreal Life is only a two week shoot and those people have barely worked.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

random BB8 notes for you junkies ;)

via eonline:

Sari in West Haven, Connecticut: I know Big Brother ended last month, but I'm dying to know if Nick and Daniele are really together. It seemed like they genuinely liked each other, but I know she had that boyfriend...

Daniele dumped the b-f for Nick. After the show finished, he moved out to California for her, and they're currently living together. In fact, Korbi spotted them at the Bee Movie premiere last weekend!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Ally
Nov 5 2007, 11:58 PM
Just cast us on it...We're celebs damn it :lol:

Oh, Ally..if we were on BB together....oh baby LOL

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

NavJLee8785
Nov 6 2007, 12:43 AM
Ally
Just cast us on it...We're celebs damn it  :lol:

Both of you would lose to me :lol:

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Jinxed Soul
Nov 6 2007, 12:55 AM
NavJLee8785
Nov 6 2007, 12:43 AM
Ally
Just cast us on it...We're celebs damn it  :lol:

Both of you would lose to me :lol:

you wish!
LOL

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'd LOVE for BB9 to start in March! It'd be weird to see the backyard covered in snow, LoL. And less sun-bathing!

Honestly though, how long is this strike supposed to last? I heard on TV tonight that they're expecting it to last longer than the last strike (22+ weeks).

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Nov 6 2007, 12:36 AM
I'd LOVE for BB9 to start in March! It'd be weird to see the backyard covered in snow, LoL. And less sun-bathing!

Honestly though, how long is this strike supposed to last? I heard on TV tonight that they're expecting it to last longer than the last strike (22+ weeks).

Kenny I think it's going to last a very long time. Maybe even until the directors and actors have to decide whether to go on strike too in like six months.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Updated

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny its LA, there isn't going to be snow...I'm still hoping the strike is resolved by the holidays..I love Big Brother, but not at the expense of my other shows..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply