Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 9 News: *UPDATED 11/11*; Looks like a February premiere!
Topic Started: Nov 5 2007, 06:47 PM (1,247 Views)
King
Member Avatar

OMFG. EEEEEE!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Nov 6 2007, 07:03 PM
Kenny its LA, there isn't going to be snow...I'm still hoping the strike is resolved by the holidays..I love Big Brother, but not at the expense of my other shows..

Oh, yeah... duh. Ignore my stupid ass.

Anyway, I could see CBS going ahead of this regardless of the strike, simply because of how well it performed in the ratings this past summer. It costs pennies to make, and with great ratings, why not have it year 'round?

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG! Awesome!

But like someone here said, I LOVE BB, but I don't wanna lose my other shows...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Yes yes yes :cheer:

I only watch BB (mostly), so bring it on!

Andre

Will they still air on Thursday nights? Because another round of Survivor starts around February. A BB Results/Survivor reality TV combo on Thursday would certainly do well, I don't thnik CBS will give up the 9 p.m. hour of CSI, even if it's reruns.

~bl~
Member Avatar

No way in the world could I be on Big Brother. Give up my puter, give up my tv for months by choice. I'd lose it in that kind of circumstance.

Considering the only shows I watch on CBS prime time are reality shows, Big Brother coming back doesn't bother me. I read about a Great Britain Big Brother season with celebs, but this could be nearly as bad as "I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here!"

BL (who thinks if the strike goes on a long time, actors may start to need the money...or perhaps they want to do more than be on the new "Apprentice"...)

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

~bl~
Nov 8 2007, 12:00 AM
I read about a Great Britain Big Brother season with celebs, but this could be nearly as bad as "I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here!"

Oh yess that was bad bad bad LOL

Manny
Member Avatar

I hope it's not a celebrity BB. That would suck...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Waitaminnit!

Weren't people applying for BB9 this past summer? Why would BB open that up if they were going with a celebrity edition?

I can't remember who, but I vaguely someone from here (maybe SON) applying, too. No?

King
Member Avatar

Well, they advertise for the next season of the show's casting during the summer when the current season is on.

Tapes come in all fall, and they do open casting calls in the spring. The final fourteen cast members aren't picked until mid June.

I don't know what is going on with this weird schedule though!

I wouldn't mind it if it were Reality Celebrities like Jerri from Survivor and Omarosa. :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

My only concern is celebrities will suck the fun out of the show. There will be huge fanbases before the show even begins. The only positive thing might be that BB ratings may increase,

King
Member Avatar

Yeah. Celebs will play it safe and be boring unless they get like Brit, LoHo, and P. Hilt! :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

King
Nov 8 2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah. Celebs will play it safe and be boring unless they get like Brit, LoHo, and P. Hilt! :lol:

Britney Spears :lol:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I enjoyed the last BB but not ready for another and certainly not one with blood relatives in the game.

Kenny
Member Avatar

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads...&Number=7503003

November 9, 2007

In a conversation today with Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc the primary casting agency for Big Brother, it was confirmed that Big Brother will commence in February.

They are very busy at casting the show as I write this and Robyn asked me to pass on the word to get your applications in or contact her at her website, http://kasstinginc.com/ .

I asked Robyn during our conversation if the Big Brother rumors were speculation or was there a basis in fact? Robyn replied "We are casting with the thought in mind that the house guests would move into the house during the first week of February."

I can not quote on the following, but my feelings are it will be a normal Big Brother, not a Celebrity Big Brother and it is a strong possiblility that the summer Big Brother will also take place.

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG!!!! BB 9 AND BB10 in one year?!?!? I can't wait!

But I do have to wonder if rushing everything will reflect on the quality of the show...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I love BB and look forward to it each year, and that's what makes it most exciting. Unless they can really differentiate the game each time, two games in one year could become less exciting.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah.. I was wondering the same thing.. if they can keep the summer season 10 fresh if they use all the good stuff in February season 9... hopefully, they'll have enough fresh ideas for both seasons...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Manny
Nov 11 2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah.. I was wondering the same thing.. if they can keep the summer season 10 fresh if they use all the good stuff in February season 9... hopefully, they'll have enough fresh ideas for both seasons...

They should hire me. I could give them some fresh ideas :lol:

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Nov 11 2007, 04:00 PM
Manny
Nov 11 2007, 09:57 AM

They should hire me. I could give them some fresh ideas :lol:

No, they should take you in as a House Guest! :D

I would love to be a HG as well... *sighs*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply