Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Writers Strike Show Status; UPDATED 12/3/07
Topic Started: Nov 6 2007, 05:14 PM (808 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

FYI: Whether true or not, Julia Louis-D looks so FAKE in all the footage I've seen of her protesting. It's like she's doing it just to do it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Nov 9 2007, 01:45 AM
FYI: Whether true or not, Julia Louis-D looks so FAKE in all the footage I've seen of her protesting. It's like she's doing it just to do it.

She's probably supporting her husband Brad Hall, who is a writer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Nov 9 2007, 01:45 AM

The note said seven. That's just too many. Why, they would have had to work in the summer, I should imagine, for that to be true.

Just not buying it. Not gonna happen. No way, no how.

Of course they work in the summer ;)

Here's a crash course in Primetime 101

Actors, Producers, Crew work 10 months out of the year.

Writers work 11 months.

Actors are on vacation from early May to early July (8 weeks)

Writers are usually on vacation from early May to early June. (4 weeks)

From early June and the first half of July they brainstorm and write scripts.

The Cast and Crew come back in the middle of July and start filming episodes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Some sad tv news..Next weeks The Office will be the last new episode, until the strike ends...

I guess The Office will be the first scripted show affected by this strike..And apparently the one after next weeks which was never filmed, was supposed to be the funniest episode of the season so far..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Nov 9 2007, 02:02 PM
Some sad tv news..Next weeks The Office will be the last new episode, until the strike ends...

I guess The Office will be the first scripted show affected by this strike..And apparently the one after next weeks which was never filmed, was supposed to be the funniest episode of the season so far..

Most comedies will soon follow suit Kev :(

I read on the Two and a Half men boards that most comedies are written the week of filming. As to make sure jokes are not out of date and such.

Damn this strike!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Rick i went to a taping of Friends back in 1999, and even though the episodes are written before the actual taping..The writers tweak stuff as they are filming, especially shows filmed before a live audience....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Steve once questioned why I was so pissed by strikers and the stigma of crossing the line.

Well, here ya go:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wga-...-welcome-in-ny/

They're CRUCIFYING Ellen for her decision to do the RIGHT THING.

So, here's a little something I've gotta say to WGA members who'd hate on Ellen for helping COMPARATIVELY POOR people like key grips, etc., keep their jobs on her show, during the strike:

FUCK YOU.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I understand both sides of the Ellen issue.

I can certainly understand why Ellen would want to go ahead with her shows. People had already gotten their tickets and gotten flights to her show and gotten their hotel rooms. To just suddenly cancel would be wrong, for the hundreds of people who made trips just to see her show.

However, it might cause her more negative press than it's worth, which could actually do some long-term damage, not necessarily in the eyes of her fans, but within the eyes of the industry and the WGA.

If I were Ellen, I would do only the number of shows that tickets had already been sold for, that way nobody is disappointed by a sudden cancellation, and then cease production indefinitely.

What if the strike goes on forever? I mean, I'm sure it won't... but what if it did? No television programming forever? Would that be expected of everyone? At some point, there has to be a break where people say, "Enough's enough. Let's get back to normal."

If Ellen wants to do a show where there's no script and she just ad-libs the entire thing, that's her prerogative and she has that right, completely. So long as she's not using their written material illegally, then she's doing nothing wrong. The WGA shouldn't just assume or expect every single person in Hollywood to give up their own passions and loves just because they want more cash. There are better ways to gain support than to simply crucify everyone that doesn't bend to their every whim. What's that old saying again, anyway? You attract more bees with honey than vinegar?

I dunno. It's a touchy issue. But honestly, I've been fucked over so many times by companies I work for. I've been paid shit wages for really, really hard work. Where was my strike? LoL Why wasn't I able to get national coverage and bitch to anyone who would listen and threaten to do bad things to all those who didn't cater to me?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Updated

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply