Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Final Airdates for Soaps during Strike!
Topic Started: Nov 7 2007, 11:33 AM (1,019 Views)
into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Not exact dates, but here is the official list for how long every show on TV will last...

ABC - Will continue uninterrupted (confirmed by ABC)
CBS - Will go through February
NBC - Will go through January

-----------------

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-striket...=la-home-center

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere. I didn't see it in the strike thread. I think CBS would be insane to take their soaps off the air for any period of time. It would murder the PGP soaps and in general allow ABC to rebound. Those soap viewers will go somewhere and it you know Frons will pounce.

Hopefully they come to their senses and get some scaps. The only disappointing thing is that B&B is pure excellence right now, so I'd hate to see them screw it up. Then again, Bill Bell's Y&R survived the previous two strikes better than most.

I think this could be the end for DAYS if NBC cuts it off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dawn9476

The word out of the GH fan events over this past weekend was that ABC will use scrab writers.

kserox10

Dang. ABC has that much! :D

daysfan
Member Avatar

I seriously worry that if Days goes and the strike is still going on, it won't come back. Period.

:(

jcar03
Member Avatar

well if NBC choses to cancel it ahead of the March 2009 end of contract date then yes.

daysfan
Member Avatar

jcar03
Nov 7 2007, 01:23 PM
well if NBC choses to cancel it ahead of the March 2009 end of contract date then yes.

I think from what I have heard around the internet, NBC can choose to cancel it as early as March 2008. And Janurary is only a couple of months before that so it worries me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nothing new here. The only thing notable is ABC saying they will keep going, which shows preparation on their part.

I think CBS may do the same, although there is the issue of Brad Bell and LML on B&B and Y&R serving as producers and writers so maybe that is at issue there.

As for NBC, I think they will just pull Days, knowing it will kill any ratings gains, but that it will bring it back when the strike is over. They won't just not air it the rest of the length of the contract. That would be a waste. The contract is up in March 2009 but I believe March 2008 is perhaps when negotiations can begin with NBC to try to keep it there.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm very worried about DAYS, especially knowing that NBC couldn't care less if it survives the strike.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

daysfan
Nov 7 2007, 01:15 PM
I seriously worry that if Days goes and the strike is still going on, it won't come back. Period.

:(

That horrible thought occured to me as well.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

William Bell was EP of Y&R and Headwriter during the last strike. That was not an issue then so I don't think it will be this time. Y&R used scab writers then so I don't see that stopping CBS this time.

As far as Days if whatever they replace Days with during the strike performs better in the time slot then I would say Days is gone esp. if it is a talk show or game show which are far cheaper to produce and cost NBC a lot less money in the time slot NBC will not look at it as a loss but a gain. And it won't matter to them that Days has almost a whole year left on the contract.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Its a completely different time now though. Networks care less and less. Just because they did something during the last strike doesn't mean they are going to continue that pattern this time around. It is a wait and see approach mostly. I have heard that CBS was talking about airing news or sports during the daytime if a prolonged strike happens.

kserox10

Yup, DAYS is in danger if this strike last till Jan 08. It only has one more year and why pay the writers more to come back and end next year,

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, if Days last airs in January without a "final" farewell episode, guess who's sending anthrax to Burbank Studios?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Screw anthrax! I have a feeling "someone" might be nuking those damn studios! ;)

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Passions said it will continue airing according to the official website

King
Member Avatar

I just heard the strike will be over before we know it.

Don't know how true it is.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Nov 7 2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, if Days last airs in January without a "final" farewell episode, guess who's sending anthrax to Burbank Studios?

:lol: oh, my!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Anyone have word on "coastal Dreams"?!! :o
Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

King
Nov 7 2007, 07:21 PM

How would anyone know when the strike is going to be over without an article or something?

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Nov 7 2007, 06:21 PM

Where'd ya hear that from?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply