Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 2007 Country Music Awards
Topic Started: Nov 7 2007, 08:10 PM (2,310 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

George Strait paid for dinner, he said? Do yall think George hosted a dinner for ALL entertainer nominees?! :o
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

AndyAMC
Nov 7 2007, 10:57 PM
Haha - Kenny is so gay - I love it.

I hate to say it, but he had ZERO chemistry with the chick in that "Baby You Save Me" video. It was painful to watch.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

AndyAMC
Nov 7 2007, 10:56 PM
So a female can't be Entertainer of the Year? What's up with all guy noms this year? lol - oh well - Kenny won - I like him...even though he did not dress up very well tonight. He looks sloppy!

There have been female winners but it has been a long time. Alabama is the only group to ever win it, and Brooks & Dunn are the only Duo to ever be nominated for it.

We haven't even had a female nominee I don't think since Reba or Shania. It was controlled by women for awhile: Loretta, Dolly and Barbara Mandrell won it a lot and then for a long time women just have not pulled in that big award.

They judge that one on sales, concert sales, and the performance at concerts. Of the women in country music right now, I am told by ones who go to the concerts that Reba, Gretchen, and Faith are the only really good performers at concerts. Gretchen just hasn't had the sales. Faith for some reason I don't think has ever been nominated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

The last group/females to win Entertainer of the year were the Dixie Chicks in 2000

They were also nominated in 2001 and that was the last year any female was nominated.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I forgot about The Chicks

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

JERSoapsFan
Nov 7 2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, Brad. Thank GOD for that AWFUL "Playboy" line in your latest single.

I bet God just LOVES you peddling sexual addiction.

:lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply