Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 12 2007, 03:09 AM (1,100 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Monday, Nov. 12
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgCp5OqiIC8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgCp5OqiIC8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Clip o' the day: Greta's Coronation Massacre.

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I want Eileen back, damn it! :angry: :(

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I adore the picture of Kristen and Steffy...Love the Dimeras, most interesting family in Salem.

I love the coronation. I know alot of fans didn't love it, but I watched ever second of it...Action packed. We need more action on this show IMO.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Gorgeous pic!

I can't remember entirely, but I don't think there was something I was really looking forward to today.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Lucas really really redundant and thus annoying today! I'm glad he is understanding of what Sami is doing, but shouldn't he be just a little disappointed and well... pissed off? She has enough on her mind, and yet he's pushing every second for her to go home to him.

The conclusion about the bullet hole in Sami's dress was a little bogus. That doesn't mean that one of the shots was meant for her. She was standing two steps away from EJ, so it could've easily been a miss.

Manny
Member Avatar

Aaah.. Coronation Massacre is probably one of my favorite DAYS storylines and also one of my favorite soap balls/parties/gatherings... it was awesome! And it was great how they had a soap all star week with Kathleen Noone, Ian Buchanan, Lesley Anne Down, Tyler Christopher and others as guests.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

From the lack of enthusiasm in this thread I take it others found today as lacklustre as I.

Kate do you actually think Steffy will fall for your weak protestations of innocence? And do you really think he won't get ya? Think again. Nice throat grab Steffy. She should have known better than to mess with EJ.

Belle...I so wish you were worthy of Philip, but you are not. But as glittery and entitled as you are, do you really deserve this Dumbo InstaCop? Speaking of which, what police department anywhere takes in a know nothing, uneducated, dunce and puts him in the middle of a attempted murder investigation? Good grief this is almost as bad as AMC trying to make Lamie(Jamie for the unschooled)into Dr. Martin without the benefit of medical school. I still get the shivers when I think of him running around PV Hosptital with a ill-fitting white coat and a stethoscope slung around his neck. Writers and their falling all over themselves to give dull characters some shine. It never works.

And the best for last...TinyLucas and his cold-blooded ex-wife. He is just a nasty tool and she cannot stop being mean long enough to even pretend to make things better in the hope the *V* may end. Right now I have to wonder which one is worse...but it has to be whitewashed, formerly nasty and mean,... oops still nasty and mean TinyLucas.

It was a boring start to this week.

jane1978

pspcindy
Nov 12 2007, 03:36 PM
From the lack of enthusiasm in this thread I take it others found today as lacklustre as I.

Kate do you actually think Steffy will fall for your weak protestations of innocence? And do you really think he won't get ya? Think again. Nice throat grab Steffy. She should have known better than to mess with EJ.

Belle...I so wish you were worthy of Philip, but you are not. But as glittery and entitled as you are, do you really deserve this Dumbo InstaCop? Speaking of which, what police department anywhere takes in a know nothing, uneducated, dunce and puts him in the middle of a attempted murder investigation? Good grief this is almost as bad as AMC trying to make Lamie(Jamie for the unschooled)into Dr. Martin without the benefit of medical school. I still get the shivers when I think of him running around PV Hosptital with a ill-fitting white coat and a stethoscope slung around his neck. Writers and their falling all over themselves to give dull characters some shine. It never works.

And the best for last...TinyLucas and his cold-blooded ex-wife. He is just a nasty tool and she cannot stop being mean long enough to even pretend to make things better in the hope the *V* may end. Right now I have to wonder which one is worse...but it has to be whitewashed, formerly nasty and mean,... oops still nasty and mean TinyLucas.

It was a boring start to this week.

Boring? Not at all. I loved everything today. Shawn working with Bo isnīt anything so unusual, he just stood behind him all the time anyway, itīs not like solved the case. And I like they are actually showing some real efforts from his part, itīs not just poof and suddenly he is the new best cop in SPD.

The continuation of the shooting was done very well too, I especially loved the way they showed what happened with Roman. Now we know there was a fourth shooter. Some motivations are a little week and I still donīt understand why would Steve want to shoot EJ, but we need some suspects to play with, it ads the drama.

And of course, the best thing was an another round of Phelle hottness. JKJ/MM have so much chemistry it is literally burning through the screen and MM plays the affair so well. I canīt believe this is the same boring "teen" Belle I always hated and wanted off the show. And she looks wonderfull lately. She is like Marlena in the making with the clothes, expensive makeup and feel of exclusiveness. Poor, poor Shawn because THIS Belle really doesnīt look like someone who can be happy with some ordinary guy or a highschool sweetheart.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Lucas makes me want to throw things at my TV--only I don't want to damage it. My dream is that he's the shooter, and he gets thrown in prison for a long time and I never have to see him again.

I don't understand why the bullet hole in Sami's dress (at the hem?--was the shooter lying on the floor?) means she was a target. She and EJ were only inches from each other so either or both could have been the target, but I don't think the hole in Sami's dress gives a definitive answer. It just means someone was a bad shot!

I'm not a fan of Philip and I don't like cheaters, so the Belle/Philip/Shawn story isn't one of my favorites. I did notice that Claire, at age 2, still seems to be sleeping in a baby crib. They need to find a corner somewhere where they can give her a real bed, or at least a toddler sized one.
Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

I for one don't like the Phelle pimping. Heck, when Shawn finds out part of me wishes he'd beat Phillip senseless like before. (Kind of dates back to Greg and Eric Peters in the early 1970s).

Other than that, it's a decent story. At least everyone's getting involved in it.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't know what Days does to me. I finally gave in and peaked back at it today. Wow what a boring show. I found today very very lackluster.

I just wonder if Hogan will follow up on EJ's shooter or if it will be another in a long line of dropped investigations this year. I mean we had

John's shooting (just forgotten about),
Lexxie & Tek being forced off the road or whatever (nothing done, what happened to Tek?),
John's kidney taken (seems to be a blur in people's memories now),
John is run down (from reading the last few weeks it seems to have been dropped by the cops)
Andre's death (if it has been dealt with more I have missed all of it)

I have a feeling they will follow up on EJ, but with the pattern it wouldn't surprise me if it was forgotten about next week.

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Nov 12 2007, 07:15 PM
I don't know what Days does to me. I finally gave in and peaked back at it today. Wow what a boring show. I found today very very lackluster.

I just wonder if Hogan will follow up on EJ's shooter or if it will be another in a long line of dropped investigations this year. I mean we had

John's shooting (just forgotten about),
Lexxie & Tek being forced off the road or whatever (nothing done, what happened to Tek?),
John's kidney taken (seems to be a blur in people's memories now),
John is run down (from reading the last few weeks it seems to have been dropped by the cops)
Andre's death (if it has been dealt with more I have missed all of it)

I have a feeling they will follow up on EJ, but with the pattern it wouldn't surprise me if it was forgotten about next week.

Steve, the EJ story will not be forgotten by next week. The EJ/Sami/Lucas storyline is the reason Lexie and Tek were forced off the road and why Tek is missing, why Renee is leaving. The EJ/Sami/Lucas story is the reason John lost his kidney and was hit by a car. It's also the reason Benjy and Andre died. I'm a fan of Bryan and Ali and especially James Scott. But until this silly shit is over with, that's about all that is going to be happening. Hopefully with the Marlena revenge story coming up this won't last too much longer. :fingers crossed:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Most of those things were followed up on, Steve. They know who ran down John and John's kidney story was addressed alot when John first awoke. Steve and him had a scene or two where he apologized. Lexie being MIA was explained but nothing on Tek so that wasn't completely mentioned. Andre's death has not been focused on all that much except for initially but that happened around the time of John's death so I wasn't expecting it to, especially with Stefano busy with EJ.

I will comment more later as I want to watch the show again on Soapnet because there is something I need to see again but today was hardly lackluster. It was a solid followup show to what happened Friday IMO.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

sungrey
Nov 12 2007, 04:55 PM
I for one don't like the Phelle pimping. Heck, when Shawn finds out part of me wishes he'd beat Phillip senseless like before.

I agree. We always hear about pimping of Shelle, but that is what I see every day as they try to sell this Phelle romance to me. Every day Philip just becomes more and more pathetic to me. And showing me every day that Belle slept with Philip doesn't make me buy this "love" story anymore than if I only had to see it the first day.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 12 2007, 07:58 PM
Most of those things were followed up on, Steve. They know who ran down John and John's kidney story was addressed alot when John first awoke. Steve and him had a scene or two where he apologized. Lexie being MIA was explained but nothing on Tek so that wasn't completely mentioned. Andre's death has not been focused on all that much except for initially but that happened around the time of John's death so I wasn't expecting it to, especially with Stefano busy with EJ.

I will comment more later as I want to watch the show again on Soapnet because there is something I need to see again but today was hardly lackluster. It was a solid followup show to what happened Friday IMO.

Well I have completely missed who was supposed to have run down John. And I have not seen anyone else mention it either. So it must have been a lackluster reveal.

As to them dealing with John's kidney thing. Yes I know it was mentioned and I know that Steve apologized, but that does not deal with the legal aspects of it at all. The writing has totally failed in that. Just mentioning it is not dealing with it. I mean we have had no dealing with them getting to why Steve did it and who programmed him to do it. We as the audience know but the writers have not had the cops deal with it at all IMO. Much less we have never even had much depth into what happened to Steve all those years and anyone getting to why the DiMera's had Steve. We know as an audience that they wanted him as a pawn. But I mean there has got to be some payoff somewhere.

And sorry I will stick with my original concession of today. I found it very lackluster and others did too. Even Y&R which has been very boring lately was less boring than Days was today. I know part of that is that I could care less who shot EJ. I'm just sorry they didn't finish it and get rid of Lucas and Sami at the same time.

King
Member Avatar

I thought today's was pretty good.

Kate/Stefano scenes = :wub:

maconrich
Member Avatar

I'm another who didn't enjoy the show much - and the main reason was too much lucas (or maybe just lucas period)

Jinxed Soul (and others) ICAM = "Lucas really really redundant and thus annoying today". The desire to destroy the tv when he's on is very strong - but I've found throwing rolled up socks at it is a safer outlet for my frustration. BTW - my sock drawer was emptied while lucas was at the hospital telling Sami to go home with him. This guy is a total dolt.

They're so setting it up to either have him be the shooter or (more likely) end up being the prime suspect. He's just done too many ignorant things plus he continues to rant and scream regardless of who's around. I'd love for him to be the shooter and go away for it - the go away is the key here. I'd hate to see him going on trial and found innocent (or the real shooter is discovered). If he goes on trial, that means a lot of scenes and having to hear him saying the same things over and over again. I'm barely managing to watch as is (compliments of this character) and if we get more of him, I'll either be asking my doctor for a stronger dose of valium or hitting the bottle. Now, if they wouldn't make the character so freaking stuck in one mode and saying the same things for weeks on end, I'd probably be able to tolerate him much better. (key work probably, but at least I can hope)

I love Phillip and Belle and would so much rather see them get back together than her and Shawn marrying. I'll be curious to see how Chloe fits in, and I'm glad Sheffer didn't totally destroyed Phillip (yet) to pimp Shawn (like they did EJ hoping to make lucas, the obnoxious little twit look better. They could replace lucas with a parrot or chimp and I might be able to tolerate him - but there's no way this character would EVER look better than EJ - not to me anyway.

It didn't bother me to see Shawn tagging along with Bo - not something likely to happen IRL, but I don't expect Days to reflect RL most of the time. I was surprised to see Bo with brains. He made a couple of punk comments, but this was the first time in eons that he seemed to remember how to be a cop.

Sami seeing the blood on her hand and freaking out worked for me. She's still in shock; but her reaction to seeing the blood by her wedding ring was like a jolt back to reality. Too bad lucas showed up at that point, and he sure did manage not to answer Sami's question about him being with the twins when the shooting happened. Roman and Sami's conversation was decent - I loved that she asked him if he did it and his answer. It would be nice if he'd talk to Abe and let him know what happened - and who he saw at the church with guns... but guess that's not going to happen just yet.

peaches179

King
Nov 12 2007, 10:27 PM
I thought today's was pretty good.

Kate/Stefano scenes = :wub:

LMAO! That's was the best part of the show! Joe is AWESOME! Can't wait for him and Dee too interact. Lol, that should be fun.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SteveFrame
Nov 12 2007, 10:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 12 2007, 07:58 PM
Most of those things were followed up on, Steve.  They know who ran down John and John's kidney story was addressed alot when John first awoke.  Steve and him had a scene or two where he apologized.  Lexie being MIA was explained but nothing on Tek so that wasn't completely mentioned.  Andre's death has not been focused on all that much except for initially but that happened around the time of John's death so I wasn't expecting it to, especially with Stefano busy with EJ. 

I will comment more later as I want to watch the show again on Soapnet because there is something I need to see again but today was hardly lackluster.  It was a solid followup show to what happened Friday IMO.

Well I have completely missed who was supposed to have run down John. And I have not seen anyone else mention it either. So it must have been a lackluster reveal.

As to them dealing with John's kidney thing. Yes I know it was mentioned and I know that Steve apologized, but that does not deal with the legal aspects of it at all. The writing has totally failed in that. Just mentioning it is not dealing with it. I mean we have had no dealing with them getting to why Steve did it and who programmed him to do it. We as the audience know but the writers have not had the cops deal with it at all IMO. Much less we have never even had much depth into what happened to Steve all those years and anyone getting to why the DiMera's had Steve. We know as an audience that they wanted him as a pawn. But I mean there has got to be some payoff somewhere.

And sorry I will stick with my original concession of today. I found it very lackluster and others did too. Even Y&R which has been very boring lately was less boring than Days was today. I know part of that is that I could care less who shot EJ. I'm just sorry they didn't finish it and get rid of Lucas and Sami at the same time.

They all know Steve did it so what else is there? They know the Dimeras fucked up his mind. Kayla was with him when he got deprogrammed on Tinda Lao. It wouldn't hurt them to mention it now and again but it was followed up on enough to satisfy IMO. I agree they need to go back into Steve's past but I suspect they want to lay off that since the brainwashing story failed.

Everyone knew the Dimera's were responsible for John's death so I don't think people were waiting with baited breath for who did it. I haven't even seen many complain about it. I wish it was someone bigger but it doesn't seem to be a sore spot.

If you found it lackluster, that's fine. All I am saying is that more has been addressed and dealt with then you think.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I hate how John's murder storyline has been put on hold to bring in more Sami drama. Even the Salem PD haven't spoken about John's case recently, and now are all over EJ being shot. Who gives a f%C$?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply