Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 12 2007, 03:09 AM (1,090 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I didn't like today's show all that much.

I want to like Phelle but something is just... off. It's like they went from zero to 60 in 6 episodes and there was not enough progression for me to catch on to the Phelle bandwagon entirely even though I've been a Shelle hater for months. I mean unlike the EJamicas triangle which has dragged on months and months way too long, this Shellip thing sort of came out of nowhere for me where Belle went from being all about Shawn to being all about Phillip just because her dad died? Ummmm Okay... Plus I don't see Phillip and Belle as romantic at all the way they are. No secret romantic rendezvous. No stares across the room. Just Phillip following her and Belle kissing him and then telling him to leave and then frowning and thinking about him after he leaves when Shawn shows up and she pretends they're twuwuv4evr. Yuck. And Phillip handing her a business card like why don't you call me sometime? Or why don't we get a drink? It's just about sex and not love as far as I can tell and it's annoying for her to be physically and emotionally cheating on her child's father and childhood sweetheart this way. I'm not someone to judge characters for infidelity, but Martha and the writers just ain't selling me on Belle's love for Phillip right now and even though I absolutely believe Belle is fickle and careless with the heart of men I don't see her cheating with Phillip purely out of lust or desire for material wealth. (ESPECIALLY SINCE I KNOW SHE'S NOT POOR EVEN IF THE SHOW WANTS ME TO FORGET THE FAT INHERITANCE JOHN BLACK WOULD'VE LEFT HER)

Most days it would annoy me that ShawnDuh was allowed to fill out a police report on a major police investigation. This was not most days as he didn't annoy me tagging along with daddy. I have no idea why. I guess the awesomeness of Bo just won out today for me.

Lucas wasn't just annoying because he was Lucas today and I don't like him. It's because he made no sense! Why was he so smug when talking to Bo? Why did Lucas tell Bo that Billie had been at his apartment not knowing whether Billie would lie for him about where he was? Why was Lucas acting so incredulous that Bo would suspect that he shot EJ when it was like two weeks ago they were hitting us over the head with Lucas threatening him and TELLING BO if EJ turned up dead to come looking for him.

Abe-Roman, Stefano-Sami, Bo-Kate scenes were OK and while most of the Kate-Stefano scene was OK I didn't appreciate the throat grabbing. The same way I didn't like EJ manhandling Kate at the pier or Phillip and Shawn manhandling Lauren at the hospital or all the other instances we've gotten in the last year. And especially don't like Stefano doing this to Kate when just a couple episodes ago he was saying he would never hurt Kate when Lucas confronted him about the bulletholes thing and when the two of them have some sort of recent sexual relationship. It's just misogynistic storytelling and it's not necessary. Is DOOL trying to be GH or something with this crap? Because I expect this from GH with all its mob thugs running around but not DOOL.

Roman's assumption about the bullethole in Sami's dress was just dumb, but I guess they sort of explain it in tomorrow's show.

Finally, I just have to say my major beef with this is that there's no relief from the Who Shot EJ, EJamicas, Shellip and campus rapist storylines. It just feels unbalanced and I feel like we're being cheated out of something although I'm not exactly sure what that is. A romance for Billie, a health scare for Celeste, problems for Tony and Anna... we're just short a B story here it seems like.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Nov 12 2007, 10:18 PM
I hate how John's murder storyline has been put on hold to bring in more Sami drama. Even the Salem PD haven't spoken about John's case recently, and now are all over EJ being shot. Who gives a f%C$?

Seriously!

Focus on finding John's killer first, and THEN find E.J.'s shooter and give them a medal!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Great show today.

I don't see how there was little to not buildup to Phelle when this whole summer was building up to what happened. Philip walked out on Belle. There was never any closure and Belle knows that Philip lost so much and acted out because of what happened to him. The man lost everything and she sympathized with that. There was plenty of buildup IMO.

I did like their scenes today and little Claire too cute for words. I enjoyed Sami's reaction to seeing them together too.

Memo to Days...whoever wrote today's show needs to teach the other writers how to right Sami. She was written great today. She had a strength about her without regressing in character. Loved her scenes with Lucas and Belle. Great sister scenes. Her scenes with Stefano were out of this world. I always wanted to see Joe and Ali work together and they are magic.

I like this whodunit and the way it's being carried out. Learning what Roman did through flashbacks was cool. Good seeing Abe and liking Shawn working with his father. Lucas's nervousness is a nice touch and the shipping thing makes him look really bad. I was hooked by these scenes though and I also enjoyed Philip being stern with Kate. Good to see him working outside of Shelle.

I didn't see the Kate/Stefano scenes as misogynistic at all. It's called drama. He was enraged over what had happened and believed she had made an attempt on EJ's life. LK and JM were awesome in those scenes. Loved Rolf today too.

The end with Roman was logical. Someone would have to have pretty bad aim to put a hole that low on Sami's dress so his conclusion based on that was something I can't see anyone taking issue with. At least he was thinking for once LOL.

Great show today. Nice followup to last week and not lackluster in the least.

Mason
Member Avatar

OT, but OMG, Phoenix, I LOVE that banner of yours! :wub:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks, Mason.

I love it too. Something new and unique for me LOL.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Alright, I watched the show. The only thing I enjoyed was Joe. I could listen to him read names out of the phone book, love him.

I also have to say that JKJ was very sexy. He makes me a Phelle fan.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 12 2007, 11:35 PM
Jinxed Soul
Nov 12 2007, 10:18 PM
I hate how John's murder storyline has been put on hold to bring in more Sami drama. Even the Salem PD haven't spoken about John's case recently, and now are all over EJ being shot. Who gives a f%C$?

Seriously!

Focus on finding John's killer first, and THEN find E.J.'s shooter and give them a medal!

John was killed by Harry Jenks, who turned out to be Andre's old cell mate. He was shown in only one epi. Harry had Andre's number in his cell phone, which according to the Key Stone cops of Salem PD proved Harry was hired to killl John by Andre. I think the show could have done a better job with this SL. This leads me to believe that TPTB were just trying to kill off John and move on as quickly as possible. <_<

Mason
Member Avatar

^ I refuse to believe that explanation. It's far too easy.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I agree that Sami was written much better in Monday's episode. I'm beginning to see occasional flashes of the old Sami and that gives me hope. I also was impressed by Bo actually doing real detective work today. Shawn following him around was okay, and Bo did tell him he was going to read over the statement Shawn wrote up to make sure everything was correct. So, I did find positives in the show, but my extreme dislike of Lucas and my distaste for the Philip/Belle story affected my first impression.
Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Dragonish1
Nov 13 2007, 08:13 AM
Alright, I watched the show. The only thing I enjoyed was Joe. I could listen to him read names out of the phone book, love him.

I also have to say that JKJ was very sexy. He makes me a Phelle fan.

I could have written the same post. I'm enjoying Days only because of Joe. Once he's gone it's back to my other soaps for me. As for Phelle, they are growing on me too.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great show..i'm enjoying this investigation...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply