Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SoapNet News?
Topic Started: Nov 12 2007, 07:55 PM (437 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am putting a question mark beside this because I have no official source for it. I was just told that some have been seeing ads today that SoapNet will begin airing movies on Sunday nights. the person didn't catch the date for when this was going to happen.

Anyone have any news on this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ljacks13
Member Avatar

Yes, starting December 2, there will be Sunday night movies starting at 10.

Ridge
Member Avatar

I think this sucks. It's pretty stupid actually and I have now gone from enjoying SoapNet to pretty much NOT! SoapNet should not be an avenue for movies, thats why there are 1001 movie channels on the cable/satelitte/dish companies. SoapNet should be an avenue solely for SOAPS. The 2 hour block (which is dumb, as they could air DAYS at that time instead of at midnight) was utilized perfectly for airing old episodes and I enjoyed them for that reason. This deserves a letter but it is just sadly I guess another testimony to death of soaps.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Why do so many channels do this? They all come out with this different angle and then it all blurs together as a generic rerun/crappy movie network?

They could at least do crappy original Lifetime-esque movies starring soap stars...

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I agree. I think they could make the Sunday nights classic episodes of any soaps. I loved watching the Marlena possession stuff and some of the GH reruns. Soapnet should be just soaps and not the either primetime ones either.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Do we know what kind of movies they will be?
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Amello
Nov 12 2007, 09:15 PM
Do we know what kind of movies they will be?

Movies starring big time movie stars! In one of the promos I saw on SoapNet, they were promoting Julia Roberts and others...

kserox10

How stupid.

How is this soap related?

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Nov 12 2007, 07:55 PM
I am putting a question mark beside this because I have no official source for it. I was just told that some have been seeing ads today that SoapNet will begin airing movies on Sunday nights. the person didn't catch the date for when this was going to happen.

Anyone have any news on this?

I saw the commercial for it today. I don't remember what movies they advertised, I'm thinking it was recent movies and classic ones. I'm not sure about that, but I did see the advertisement.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind it if maybe they did movies or something starring former or current soap stars. Or even the soap movies.

There are several of the Peyton Place movies that starred the stars of the series. Not just the original ones with Lana Turner and others.

But I would love to see the original Flamingo Road movie/pilot. The original Bare Essence mini-series. The old Woman in White mini-series with Susan Flannery.

But I doubt we will get any of that.

King
Member Avatar

Ummm, OK, Soapnet? :lol:

dawn9476

Frons fricking sucks. I don't want movies. I want AW back.

Mason
Member Avatar

Could they just change the name to SoapNOT, already?!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm with everyone else. How is this decision soap-related?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply