Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, Nov. 13
Topic Started: Nov 13 2007, 03:16 AM (568 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Tuesday, Nov. 13
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AGkXXboQ7I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AGkXXboQ7I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Classic Clip O' The Day: Sami sings happy birthday to Franco and gets shot!
(At the end of the clip Eric Brady uses the V-word in reference to Stefano. LOL)

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Something bothered me today. Kate told Philip that he was the one man that she could still count on. What about Victor? The two have bad history, but Victor has always been there for Kate when she hits rock bottom and needs him most. And at a time like this, Kate really needs Victor's power to keep her out of trouble. This would have been an awesome way to incorporate Victor into this DiMera/Brady storyline, which has still yet to be seen. The only time we've seen him throughout all of this was when he showed up at John's funeral for one scene.

The last time I checked, Victor and Kate were civil towards each other. They were on good terms, last time they were on, weren't they?

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I loved JM and JS together. They always seem to spark off one another. But these scenes were so poignant and filled with suppressed frustration. It would have been so easy for both actors to take the scenes over the top, but they used delicacy and subtlety and as a result the emotions were electric.

I just hate Roman. He is like a zombie with this set of rules that has no rhyme or reason. He has to be the one of the worst fathers in soapdom, yet he gins up enough hate to almost kill EJ for daring to marry Sami? Okay, Mr. Let Me Use My Daughter with you to get what I want!

Bo and Hope are always good. I love them working together and how Hope keeps Bo focused and thinking out of the box.

Lumi ugh, just ugh!!! I couldn't hate Lucas more. Everytime his face appears I want to scream. What a tool he is.

I loved Philip not being a pushover for Mommy. I do have this bad feeling that Kate is going to sacrifice herself for the nasty boy who she calls her son.

adrianna
Unregistered

James Scott is giving some great performances.

Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

Loved Bo and Hope. That was some good stuff for them today.

I would be so deliriously happy if just once Sami would stand up to that bully Lucas and tell him off....like she used to do, before she became Stepford Sami.

I liked the way Philip stood up to Kate today. I seem to only dislike him when he's with Belle.

Roman...his character doesn't even make sense any more. Who is he? What's he doing? Why is he still on this show?

Wonderful scenes with EJ and Stefano. They are so good together and played their scenes perfectly. It was the best part of today's show, IMO.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Nov 13 2007, 03:56 PM
Something bothered me today. Kate told Philip that he was the one man that she could still count on. What about Victor? The two have bad history, but Victor has always been there for Kate when she hits rock bottom and needs him most. And at a time like this, Kate really needs Victor's power to keep her out of trouble. This would have been an awesome way to incorporate Victor into this DiMera/Brady storyline, which has still yet to be seen. The only time we've seen him throughout all of this was when he showed up at John's funeral for one scene.

The last time I checked, Victor and Kate were civil towards each other. They were on good terms, last time they were on, weren't they?

I didn't mind Kate considering Phillip the only man she could still count on. Victor hasn't always been there for her (otherwise she wouldn't have had to work at that diner after she burned down the Kiriakis mansion and Victor and Nicole wouldn't have worked together to plot against her). I do agree though that Kate and Victor's relationship isn't very fleshed out right now. The two of them shared that dance with mummy Phillip looking on in the mansion earlier this year and then... who knows what the hell happened between them? But I can fanwank away that Victor would be nonplussed by Kate's sleeping with Stefano and getting involved with the DiMeras.

Still, that's not to say I don't have my own huge issues with how they are writing Kate. Where is the consistency? Bitch is all over the place. One day she hates Sami, the next she decides FINALLY to believe Sami was raped, next she is ready to turn her grandchildren over to the DiMeras to break up the DiMeras, then she's groveling for forgiveness, then EJ dupes her into scheming to try to break up Lumi again, then she wigs out when she's found out and is begging for forgiveness of Lucas and then the next thing you know she's pointing a gun at Sami? As if that would help her win Lucas back? WTF?

Thank goodness for the JS and JM scenes though. Major major major kudos to James Scott for making me care about EJ's plight this much, even after he's done so many awful things to my other fave characters. The guy just has so much rootability as far as I'm concerned... whereas Lucas has like the anti-rootability. Either send Lumi on an extended off screen honeymoon or have Lucas turn back to the booze... just no more tears dammit!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I liked today's show alot.

I was so happy to see Bo and Hope talking about something other then the Shelle *shivers*. I saw the old magic between P&K, which made me a Bope fan. I hope HS does more with these two soon. I am tired of the Shelle pimping.

I enjoyed Kate and Phillip. I love how Phil held Kate's feet to the fire. It was a nice change. Too often Kate spawn kisses her arse. I loved seeing one of them stand up to her.

I absolutely loved watching JOE and JAMES work together today. They have amazing chemisrty. These too men are great actors and their scenes were flawless. I got seriously weepy. :( Poor Ej.

Gripe: I do not know if it is how BD plays Lucas or how HS writes Lucas, but I have gone from not caring about Lucas, to not Liking Lucas, to hating Lucas. His character is an absolute obnoxious jerk, who I get no pleasure from watching. Unlike Villians like Kate...I do not feel captivated or intrigued when Lucas is on screen. :angry: I thought Lucas was such a bully today. I hated those scenes.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Kate and Phillip were hysterical. There they are sitting with the weapon right infront of them, on the table.

I'm beginning to feeling very sympathetic for Sami. Lucas is being a total ass towards her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Today was pretty snoozeworthy for me, but James Scott was breaking my heart in that hospital bed! He looks so pitiful when he frowns, LoL.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I felt bad for EJ today. He looked so sad at the end of show.

Kate and Phillip sitting there with the gun out in the open and discussing the shooting was laughable, but I do like that she is having scenes with Phillip again. Sometimes it seems like Lucas is her only child. I wonder what he is going to do with the gun.

I must be one of the few that likes Lucas lately. I like the funny comments he makes.

I thought it was strange how Roman was protecting Kate so much. He is one that said that someone may have been trying to shoot Sami. He knows Kate hates Sami!

maconrich
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 13 2007, 11:48 PM
Today was pretty snoozeworthy for me, but James Scott was breaking my heart in that hospital bed! He looks so pitiful when he frowns, LoL.

And OMG those expressive puppy dog eyes. :(

This storyline has my full attention and the scenes with JS and JM were beyond touching. Both were perfect - they didn't overact and gave the right amount of grief, despair and rip my heart out already emotion. Their scenes were the highlight of the show for me, but I did like Bo and Hope bouncing ideas off each other and Kate and Phillips talk (the gun on the table factor gave the scenes that extra something that was needed).

Roman sure isn't acting like himself - what's up with that?? And lucas - just when I think I can't despise his sorry behind anymore, they make it so I realize I can. And it doesn't look like things are going to change anytime soon - at least not at the rate he's going :blah:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Kate is so going to get pinned for the murder. And, I bet she won't even be the one who actually shot EJ.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I was wondering about why Roman was so ready to defend Kate. I just wonder if maybe he saw her there with the gun. There is something about him lately that is weird and I just can't put my finger on it. I also thought it was weird the other day he saw that bullet hole in Sami's dress. It almost seemed like he knew it was there the whole time and was just waiting for the right moment to mention it. <_<

Lucas has been bothering me during this last run of Lumi. At times all he does is nag Sami like she is a little kid. I don't know if is BD's performance or just the way they are writing the character, but Lucas has been bothering me for a while.

Philip and Kate were interesting. It was nice to finally see a Philip that even though disgusts me, at least I could have a bit of respect for. It was nice to see a Philip that wasn't following Belle around begging her to be with him. And I have a feeling that Philip isn't going to get rid of that gun. Philip only thinks about Philip and if he can use that to his advantage, you bet he will.

Overall the show was alright. At least it seems like stories were moving along even if the show wasn't as exciting as other days.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

I loved loved loved these scenes with JS and JM. James hit all the right beats and truly brought me into EJ's suffering. I adore that man.

He was justifiably upset at finding out that he was paralyzed, and his little lean into Stefano, the father that he has worshipped for so so long...broke my heart.

Bope was cute, I loved Hope sliding right up to Bo. Their banter and their connection is so strong, even after all these years.

Philip was great and I'm really enjoying him even more this time around than the last time, at least with JKJ in the role.

One main moment that just ticked me off - Sami saying that Bo would know that Lucas isn't a killer.....except that he is! We can nitpick over whether he's a killer or a murderer, fact is on this show, he's taken two lives already. he's capable of that type of dark act, whether the writers want to admit it or not.

Either way, normally I don't really care about Lucas, but they've succeeded in making me hate him. I don't think that was their intent, but it's what happened.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply