Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW Take on Drake
Topic Started: Nov 15 2007, 08:17 AM (1,902 Views)
Jonatha

Linking only, thanks!

SOW:

Back?

Sources say Drake Hogestyn is headed back to Days of Our Lives in January, but don't expect John Black to rise from the ashes a-la Stefano. Word is, Hogestyn will be returning as a new character who has a connection to the late John. "The show was always planning to bring Drake back," reports a setsider. "It was just a matter of how." One website, DaysofOurLives.about.com, went so far as to map out a story scenario giving Hogestyn's character a new name, Russell McCallister, a teenage son named Gadge, and a wife named Annie, whom Belle encounters as a teacher at Salem University.

A Days rep offered the standard, "No comment," noting all of the above is just a rumor.

SOD:

Drake Hogestyn Back to Days?

If the rumor is true, yes. Sources say the show is planning to the bring super-star back to Salem at the end of the year, or the beginning of 2008.

Hogestyn's John Black appeared to be really, most sincerely dead after the October 11th episode, but Days has overcome that obstacle before, most notably after the Salem Stalker's killing spree in 2003 - 04.

Though Hogestyn insisted in the 10/23 issue that "John Black has met his Maker," other cast mates were not convinced that the actor was gone forever. "I would be naive to say no to that because it's never say never," offered Deidre Hall [Marlena]. In the same issue, "The indication and ear-markings are that we won't see him again, but we've done it before....if he comes back then it would be wonderful." Martha Madison [Belle] echoed the sentiment saying, "I'm devastated if Drake is leaving. Days if famous for killing and bringing back people, but at this point, none of us knows what is going on. I'll continuously keep my fingers crossed that Drake isn't leaving." Peter Reckell [Bo} recently told Digest, "It doesn't really feel like good-bye. If it was, it would be hard to believe. I hugged him and everything, but was like, 'Well, I'll see you down the road.'

The buzz is that the actor will return as another character, but as an insider insists, "If he's back, it will definitely be as John." A Days spokesperson had no comment.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks for posting! I just read these twice and I'm not sure if there's any real "news" here - sounds like they're reiterating earlier articles and then mentioning rumors that I think we've all seen on various boards. And of course, no comment from the show.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha! Didn't the SUDS report NBC denied this rumor?...I know I saw it was denied somewhere, but I can not recall the source.

Jonatha

Dragonish1
Nov 15 2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jonatha! Didn't the SUDS report NBC denied this rumor?...I know I saw it was denied somewhere, but I can not recall the source.

Yes, I know what you are talking about, can't remember the source but I believe you are correct that Drake's return has been denied. We shall see. :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks Jonny! If he does come back I hope it is as John again.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days not saying anything at all since John died and now all this...we no longer need confirmation.

Welcome back, Drake!! I knew it was coming and yet I'm still on the fence about this.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I've been a huge fan of Drake and John over the years, since 87...but the show handled John's death so well..and i'm really looking forward to this stefano and marlena revenge storyline..Apart of me wants Drake back, but i think it would detract from all the positive buzz Days got for his death..And if John comes back from the dead, no one will ever believe a death again on this show..

Look how hard its been to believe that John actually died this time..

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I agree. John's funeral was one for a character you knew wasn't coming back. Days is notorious for changing history in order to tell as story or bring a dead character back. They haven't been writing for John for almost a year. Why bring him back to have him pop up once in while to take part in the Sami show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Remember Drake says his contract is until the end of December (period). In other words he makes no mention of negotiations for a new contract which should already be signed by now. He may have a ghost scene or dream scene before the last day of the year but there is not one word of a story coming up for him (officially). All of November has been filmed so aren't the December one's being shot now. There is no mention of John in the Christmas show either....but maybe we will see a hand on the doorknob or looking through the window....a la last year with Jack.

Mason
Member Avatar

I will forever be totally disappointed in DAYS if John turns out to be alive. That would be a monumental mistake, IMO.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Just posted a new rumor of Drake going to GH in the GH forum:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/DaytimeRoyalty/...&#entry10639796

Supposedly Drake is going there but not as Jeff Webber. Check it out. It was on Soap Zone and someone else said Soap Dish.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I doubt he will go to GH and, if he does, I feel bad for him. I wouldn't wish that trainwreck JFP on anyone.

I still maintain he will be back at Days.

thereyougo

Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 16 2007, 07:38 PM
I will forever be totally disappointed in DAYS if John turns out to be alive. That would be a monumental mistake, IMO.

The monumental mistakes were Killing John and making Sami,EJ and Lucas the main characters and the main storyline. The ratings have tanked consistently since they took over as lead characters and John and Marlena were backburned. The only spike in the ratings the past year has been when J/M were taken off the bb briefly.

Mason
Member Avatar

thereyougo
Nov 18 2007, 06:30 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Nov 16 2007, 07:38 PM

The monumental mistakes were Killing John and making Sami,EJ and Lucas the main characters and the main storyline. The ratings have tanked consistently since they took over as lead characters and John and Marlena were backburned. The only spike in the ratings the past year has been when J/M were taken off the bb briefly.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I hated that they killed John off, but to bring him back now would be even more stupid.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 18 2007, 01:47 AM
I doubt he will go to GH and, if he does, I feel bad for him. I wouldn't wish that trainwreck JFP on anyone.

I still maintain he will be back at Days.

Yeah wouldn't wish that on anyone would we. I mean that is totally worse than the trainwreck of Ken Corday, STephen Wyman, James E. Reilly, Dena Higley, Tom Langan and Hogan Sheffer isn't it.

Wouldn't want him to work on a show with a worse trainwreck than that.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ I'd take all of those together at once over that sexist, misogynistic Nazi woman.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

She might be all those things but at least she knows when it is smart enough to run your best stuff to get good ratings so you can get a good budget.

Days needs someone with at least half of those brains and they have needed them for awhile now.

Mason
Member Avatar

Unfortunately for DAYS, I can't disagree with you on that part.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

thereyougo
Nov 18 2007, 07:30 PM

The ratings spiked every week when there was a death during the Salem Stalker storyline as well. It doesnt mean after 15 years people were clamoring to see Maggie Horton because she was going to be on that week. Former viewers tune in to see them die, because its a major event that links back to the times they did watch. They then tune back out because there's nothing grabbing them. Even I checked out John's death on youtube (and its well known I dont like them), i dont find a single thing on this show interesting. Sami and Lucas are not the center of the DiMera storyline, despite what the current creative staff would like to think. The Salem U stuff is shitty and innane. And those seem to be the only two storylines on this show ..... no wonder people turned right back off.

The death scenes sucked btw, but thats off topic :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Nov 15 2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks Jonny! If he does come back I hope it is as John again.

Not me. I think that will take away from this amazing story they say Marlena will be engaged in. As well, I found him and Marlena to be boring together. Seeing him as a new character, with a new life, is something I would like to see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply