Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pushing Daisies: Ellen Greene Sings; Also more Backstory into Vivian & Lily
Topic Started: Nov 20 2007, 05:35 AM (263 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

BuddyTV

Greene Sings in Upcoming 'Pushing Daisies' Episode, Praises Costars
November 19, 2007

Fans of Pushing Daisies will get a special treat when star Ellen Greene's shows off her musical prowess on Wednesday's episode, “Smell of Success.”

Greene has had a long career as a singer, and has appeared in numerous theater productions, including In the Boom Boom Room, Threepenny Opera and The Little Shop of Horrors. A regular face on Pushing Daisies, Green plays Vivian Charles, Chuck's (Anna Friel) aunt who has a personality disorder.

In an interview with Playbill, Ellen Greene said that the song she performs in the episode is by Cat Stevens, but she wasn't too keen on revealing which song exactly. She did, however, say that the episode dives deeper into the backstory of her character and Lily Charles (Swoosie Kurtz).

"[Swoosie and I] are such a good matching. It's just a yin and yang," Greene told Playbill. "Our story is funny on one level, and another [level] is the sisters' relationship — our story that you don't know yet... So it's a complicated, wonderful relationship. We were so delighted and surprised when we read the script [for the Nov. 21 broadcast, which features direction by Lawrence Trilling].”

Ellen Greene also had good things to say about her other Pushing Daisies costars.

“Kristin [Chenoweth] — unbelievable! I mean, she's so magical… She's gorgeous. She's got a body of life,” Greene said. “Lee Pace… is so dear. When I first saw him, I said he's like a Gary Cooper. He's bashful, he's shy, he's sensitive, he's a great actor, he's beautiful, he's delicious. Then there's Anna. To me, she lights up the screen… She's also very funny... And she has the obligation, of course, of being the heroine. She's just such a smart girl, and she's such a kind-hearted woman… I'm wild for her. And, Chi McBride is the funniest, tenderest, kindest [man]. He's also really good.”

While fans are sure to get new episodes of Pushing Daisies for the rest of the month, it is uncertain at this point just how many are left to air in light of the writers strike. Despite this, Greene said that she has total support for the writers, and hopes that when the show returns after the strike, the viewers will continue tuning in.

“I totally side with what the writers are [doing]... They're the ones who create. None of us could have anything without them. I honor writers. I really love writers,” she said. “I'm hoping people really will tune in for the last few episodes and if they like them, write in and say so. I know what's in store for [the characters] through [executive producer] Bryan [Fuller's] brain, and it's so great. I want to see these scripts written."

Pushing Daisies airs Wednesday nights at 8/7c on ABC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

With all this singing, I hope I've not been mislead to think the show has a general interest. Hopefully, it doesn't have a renown gay following -- otherwise I can't come out as a faithful viewer of this show, to my friends. But again, the singing worries me...
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Nov 21 2007, 03:24 AM
With all this singing, I hope I've not been mislead to think the show has a general interest. Hopefully, it doesn't have a renown gay following -- otherwise I can't come out as a faithful viewer of this show, to my friends. But again, the singing worries me...

All of the gay guys I've spoken to hates it. You should be okay ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Nov 21 2007, 04:14 AM
JERSoapsFan
Nov 21 2007, 03:24 AM

All of the gay guys I've spoken to hates it. You should be okay ;)

*Whew* :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Hehehe...oh, JSF, you make me laugh, LoL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply