Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 23
Topic Started: Nov 22 2007, 12:02 PM (2,440 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I know it's kind of early to be starting a thread for Friday's episode, but I just read the Day Ahead preview for Friday's show, and I have to say that I cannot wait to watch it in it's entirety. There are a few people missing from the wedding (Grandpa Shawn, Caroline, Alice and Victor), but they are all mentioned at one point or another as to where they are. And I would rather have them absent with a reason than just absent.

Anyway, everything sounds awesome from the summary. I guess there's a montage at the end of the episode with Edwin McCain's "I'll Be." I love that DAYS is starting to have these montages again at the end of episodes. It really helps the fans get into what we're watching.

Here's a little clip of Belle and Shawn's first dance as husband and wife. Also, look for the only single lady in the building to catch the bouquet. It was cute. :)

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Ev8VtGqi0&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Ev8VtGqi0&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

I read it too. And I have to say the quick pace and the way all important storylines are brought up reminds me the way DAYS used to do the primetime episodes. Itīs very standalone show, not really resolving anything but more promoting all the upcoming conflicts.

I loved both videos posted on Prevuze and especially the clever intercuts they did while Hope was listening to Phillipīs mesage at the end. This is obviously a first Ed Scottīs episode he had fully under his control and Iīm beginning really love the man and his Y/R crew. (It was directed by Kathryn Foster) They are a bunch of newbies on this show yet they are able to incorporate more from DAYS history and touch just the right strings in the characters than 20+ years DAYS veteran Steve Wyman ever was.

Looking forward to see it tomorrow. I think the next week we will really start to see the difference.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jane1978
Nov 22 2007, 03:23 PM
I read it too. And I have to say the quick pace and the way all important storylines are brought up reminds me the way DAYS used to do the primetime episodes. Itīs very standalone show, not really resolving anything but more promoting all the upcoming conflicts.

I loved both videos posted on Prevuze and especially the clever intercuts they did while Hope was listening to Phillipīs mesage at the end. This is obviously a first Ed Scottīs episode he had fully under his control and Iīm beginning really love the man and his Y/R crew. (It was directed by Kathryn Foster) They are a bunch of newbies on this show yet they are able to incorporate more from DAYS history and touch just the right strings in the characters than 20+ years DAYS veteran Steve Wyman ever was.

Looking forward to see it tomorrow. I think the next week we will really start to see the difference.

I definitely agree, Jane. There was so much foreshadowing in this episode, and I loved every minute of reading it. It could have definitely been a primetime episode.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow, I was blown away by that montage. Love that they chose Doug as the narrator, him and Julie are the next patriarch and matriarch of the Horton family, IMO.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

OMG!

I can't wait to watch the episode now.

Thanks for the clip, Drew!

Tears of joy, or tears of pain from Belle?

Loved the bouquet part! I sense that was definite forshadowing.

The Sami and Lucas part is sad. Where there off on opposite ends with their own babies. The part where it was said, "we will be whole again" while showing Sami and Lucas was nice, too. I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed about that statement yet.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Loved the narrative by Doug. Bill Hayes just oozes class.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

With the Christmas episode last year, I would have said that the show was going to make Maggie the new Alice. After thinking about it more, I think that Julie should definitely become the new Alice, making Doug the new Tom. Make these two a permanent fixture in Salem, because they are a daytime classic. Literally, Doug and Julie are the original supercouple. They should have importance in Salem, and not just on special days. I'm talking everyday.

Julie's a Horton by blood while Maggie is only by marriage. Julie is and should be the new matriarch of the family.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Nov 22 2007, 04:54 PM
With the Christmas episode last year, I would have said that the show was going to make Maggie the new Alice. After thinking about it more, I think that Julie should definitely become the new Alice, making Doug the new Tom. Make these two a permanent fixture in Salem, because they are a daytime classic. Literally, Doug and Julie are the original supercouple. They should have importance in Salem, and not just on special days. I'm talking everyday.

Julie's a Horton by blood while Maggie is only by marriage. Julie is and should be the new matriarch of the family.

Julie is also an orginial character. Her being the new matriarch of the family would really seem like Julie is coming full circle.
Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Marlena vs Stefano... awesomeness! I can't wait to see them because they sound awesome!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Love that clip! I can't believe they remembered Shawn and Belle's song, "I'll Be." Remember the first time they kissed, the song was playing in the background?

Anyway, I don't want to know what happens or how it all plays out, so I'm not reading much detail about the episode. Judging by the clip alone, though, it's a fantastic show.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This sounds great..But i just heard that Bo isn't featured in the episode..I guess he and Caroline take Grandpa Shawn to the hospital..According to Toups, PR's wife went into labor the day they filmed this episode..Congrats to Peter, but thats bad timing for Days...Bo was really needed for this episode..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That looks great and the whole episode sounds great, especially Marlena and Stefano.

I love the Lumi moment in there and using Doug like that was awesome. I totally agree about Doug and Julie taking a more prominent role and Chelsea catching the bouquet was cute. Nice Chick moment there.

That ending clip up on Prevuze looks great too with the cut from Hope to Shelle dancing with Philip outside and then the cut back to Hope listening to Belle's messages. You can tell Ed has a firm grasp on all aspects now.

Too bad about Peter and I am pretty sure that's why Roman, Shawn, and Caroline are missing too. By writing them all out, it makes it less noticeable. It's not the show's fault though because, obviously, it was a last minute thing and the show can't afford to make changes that last minute. Days has the worst timing though, really. :lol:

Dr. Chip

I hope Ed Scott will do something with Mickey. Either recast or give us a reasonable explanation for all of his absences.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ They need to do something soon. That's for sure.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Great clip. The montage is wonderful. I love how Ed Scott has brought this back to DAYS. Nice choice of song too.

Everyone looks so pretty!!! The lighting is also good too. Cannot wait.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

WOW! This looks awesome! :hail:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I just finished watching the wedding episode. To sum it up in one word, it was PERFECT! This is by far one of the best episodes in a long time. I would tie it in perfection with the episodes of John's death.

The pace was phenomenal. A wedding beginning and ending in one episode was nice. I always hated when the stories moved so slow. As well, mentioning all of the significant persons who weren't present was a wonderful touch. I am disappointed that Bo wasn't there though. I know he had taken Shawn to the hospital, but still, now he missed his son's wedding. Claire was the cutest flower girl.

I don't if Belle necessarily made the right decision. The watch that Phillip (probably, not Victor) sent was kinda dumb, IMO. I know I wouldn't notice what kind of a watch someone is wearing. I look forward to seeing Hope and Marlena try to get through to Belle, and keep this marriage alive.

The ending was by far the best part. The montage was a wonderful ending. LMAO at Chelsea being the only single woman! And, LMAO at Steve saying, "I'm not looking", as he tried to congratulate the couple.

I watched Monday's episode too. Its not as great as this one, but is still good.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I didn't get to see the whole thing but the bit with Stefano and Marlena gave me chills... the good kind. Loved Marlena telling Stefano he made her a killer and he wouldn't know when that would come out.

I totally missed Lexie though other than the bit in the montage where Doug said something about loves being reunited. Did they explain what the hell is happening to her? Because today was supposed to be her last day.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Have to agree, one of the best overall episodes since the John death ones. I was bothered at first by Belle thinking about Philip and that beening a dark cloud over the wedding, but the more and more I watched today I am starting to think this story is going be about Belle dealing with her guilt of hurting Shawn. Her visions and thoughts of Philip came out different than when she seeing Shawn at her marriage to Philip. I took that she was feeling guilt that she wasn't living up the image that Shawn saw of her. It was more ashame and guilt I saw and not wanting of Philip. Again JMO and she has a long way to got to be redeemed.

Again Philip is just twisted and psycho. Sending that watch was another just desperate attempt to get Belle. And at the end that was the look of a man possessed and out for blood for feeling he was wronged.

Quick comment on Billie....YOU GO GIRL!!! Loved her comeback to Philip's bitter comment directed to her.

Definitely best part of the whole episode was Doug's speech/I'll Be montage. Just wonderfully put together focusing on many characters.

One thing that I have been noticing with the show lately is the way in general it has been put together. The camera shots and way it is edited together just gives the show a different look. I like how they go back and forth between two stories with in the same segment.

Even though I am upset with the secret that is all surrounding the Shelle wedding, I was very happy over the entire episode. I have been wanting to see good story telling and I feel like today were seeing that being set up .

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Nov 23 2007, 03:06 PM
OK I didn't get to see the whole thing but the bit with Stefano and Marlena gave me chills... the good kind. Loved Marlena telling Stefano he made her a killer and he wouldn't know when that would come out.

I totally missed Lexie though other than the bit in the montage where Doug said something about loves being reunited. Did they explain what the hell is happening to her? Because today was supposed to be her last day.

Yeah Marlena and Stefano was chilling...in a GOOD WAY. There was some major set up of a story there.

I thought the same thing about Lexie too. I really wonder if she might be like Mickey in that she is there but we never actually see her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply