Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Major GL Rumor (Kreizman Out!); - other changes too
Topic Started: Nov 22 2007, 10:59 PM (1,818 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

This comes from a board that I go to from time to time. I do not agree with some of the rules and discussion there, but ususally the news on there is reliable but this lady tells what her source is. This is major news if it is true. - Steve

Ok, this info comes from Cheryl's Board and it has not been confirmed by the show yet, but we all know that Cheryl's sources are very good.

Lorraine Broderick and Jack F. Smith are GL's new headwriters.

David Shaugnessy is now co-executive producer.

Three major stars are on their way back to the show. Peter Simon will appear as Dr. Ed Bauer on a recurring basis, Paul Anthony Stewart and Grant Aleksander return as Danny Santos and Philip Spaulding.

Cady McClain will take over as Cassie.

Timothy Adams takes over as Dylan.

A major character will be killed off. For real.

Michelle, Hope, Alan-Michael and Michelle are on their way back.

Expect James Spaulding, R-J Winslow, Jude Bauer and Meg Reade to be SORASed in the near future.

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi...R%3E%20%3CBR%3E
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I like the sounds of these rumours. Except for the Cady McClain one as Cassie. I, though in the minority, love Nicole Forrester and I just don't like Cady McClain.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I find that one great news. I like Nicole but I don't love her. And ever since Laura Wright left the role I have said that Cady McClain should have been hired to play Cassie. Cady was available at the time and I wanted her in the role, but at the time GL was having strong budget problems.

I have heard rumors that Wheeler has really saved the show a lot of money and that is the reason they were able to get stars like Daniel Cosgrove back on the show. I am sure that is why she is being kept if this rumor is true.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh and I never thought once about Timothy Adams as Dylan but he would be so great in the role. That is great casting news too.

Mason
Member Avatar

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Please DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN let these be true! ESPECIALLY the part about Lorraine Broderick! I've been saying she should be writing GL for a year now! And Grant Aleksander back?! Eeek!

OMG, I fucking LOVE these! It's like Christmas has come early! :D

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I just hope we get some confirmation on this soon.

sungrey

Sorry. Don't buy it.

The major reason why is Peter Simon. After the way he was treated the last time at GL thanks to Weston's piece of crap writing, I got the feeling he was done with this show for good. Same for Paul Anthony Stewart.

That said, if a few of these changes are true then it will be a shot in the arm. For now, I think someone's just blowing a whole heap of smoke.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I don't believe it. First of all, I doubt GL with its budget of lolly pops and jolly ranchers can afford Smith or Broderick. Second of all, Shaughnessy is LA based and directs for B&B, and they wouldn't be able to afford him either.

All those stars back? When did GL's budget inherit a couple million dollars? LOL

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

So they are just going to unceremoniously dump Nicole Forester and Brian Gaskill just like that?

I'm not seeing it.

I do hope the writer/producer thing is true however. It can only help GL.

Mason
Member Avatar

Honestly, even if just some of these are true, I'd be thrilled!

ljacks13
Member Avatar

Can I ask who is Cheryl? What board is poster talking about?

Deleted User
Deleted User

McClain would be a good Cassie. The major death is believable since it's TV and everyone copies everyone else. John's death on "Days" TOTALLY inspired this GL event, if true. It wasn't a ratings success, but it was a creative success. Getting PAS? That's pretty huge.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

If it's even true, I could so see the major death being Josh - which would be a BIG mistake, even if I do hate, loathe, and despise the Josh/Cassie pairing.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I think some of those rumors would be great for the show. Guiding Light was the first soap I started watching. I haven't watched regularly in years, but Lorraine Broderick is a beloved writer and maybe she could get me interested in GL again. But then again, I swore I wouldn't start watching another soap that is on life support so I'll just see what happens.

Mason
Member Avatar

skiman12082004
Nov 24 2007, 06:41 PM
I think some of those rumors would be great for the show. Guiding Light was the first soap I started watching. I haven't watched regularly in years, but Lorraine Broderick is a beloved writer and maybe she could get me interested in GL again. But then again, I swore I wouldn't start watching another soap that is on life support so I'll just see what happens.

LoL, that accounts for pretty much every soap, these days.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 24 2007, 07:54 PM
skiman12082004
Nov 24 2007, 06:41 PM

LoL, that accounts for pretty much every soap, these days.

LOL.

King
Member Avatar

Thank you, CHRIST! I hope these are true! I'd put GL back on my TIVO list, if the high school production crew all get axed!

jcar03
Member Avatar

I've noticed a lot of these rumors about Head writers being up right now are popping up. Latham being out at Y&R and the two over at AMC have also popped up recently.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I really hope these are true. I'd start watching full time again.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Pray to heavens if this is true!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply