Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter Season 2 -- Who's watching?; SPOILERS
Topic Started: Nov 25 2007, 11:15 PM (1,212 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

This season started off pretty slow, and I wasnt sure how they were going to pull it together ... but holy shit have they ever! Doaks knows the truth, and Dexter's got him locked up! And Lila's going batshit crazy! The last 3 weeks have been amazing!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I had started a Dexter thread last week, after the shocking ending with Doakes finding the trophies..but i can't find it...

But Drew, i'm so glad you started a new one..Dexter is so fucking phenomenal right now..I was so excited when Doakes became the prime suspect and it looked like Dexter was in the clear..But of course they had to pull a crazy twist with Doakes catching Dexter trying to get rid of one of his victims..There is no going back now..The ending with Doakes in the cage was shocking..Next week should be very intense.. Also i'm also glad that Dexter and Rita have reunited, it just ups the ante..Now Dexter has more to lose...

Really the best thing about this show is i have no idea what they have planned..I'm completely spoiler free..And you never know what the writers are going to throw at us..

Kenny
Member Avatar

Haven't seen the most recent episode yet, but I'm LOVING this season!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Holy fuck! Just watched the most recent episode... WOW. Jaw dropping stuff.

Doakes and Dexter's fight at the end was so edge-of-your-seat!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 26 2007, 10:59 PM
Holy fuck! Just watched the most recent episode... WOW. Jaw dropping stuff.

Doakes and Dexter's fight at the end was so edge-of-your-seat!

Kenny i was freaking out when Doakes showed up at the end..Literally on the edge of the couch..and it was embarrassing because i was watching with 3 other people...But i cheered when Dexter got the upper hand and locked him in the cage...Isn't it funny how we are all rooting for Dexter to win? The writers have done a great job making the audience sympathetic towards Dexter, especially in regards to Doakes...

Dexter is incredible this season, on par and possibly even better than the first season..And one of my favorite shows at the moment..

Kenny
Member Avatar

SPOILERS!!

Michael Ausiello

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Question: What's going to happen on Dexter? You never talk about this show — and there are only two episodes left! Come on, give me something! — Marianne
Ausiello: Thanks to a little thing called a portable DVD player, I killed all 10 airborne hours flying to and from L.A. this weekend (fight on, Trojans!) watching the entire second season of Dexter — and that includes this Sunday's penultimate episode as well as the Dec. 16 season finale. And without giving too much away, I can tell you that A) the final two eps are bloody good, B) there are two major deaths — one of which shocked even me, and C) we'll see Dex do something he's never done before: tell someone he's close to that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher — five times, no less.

Question: Will Lundy be back next season on Dexter? Any new spoilers on whether or not his relationship with Deb continues? — Alex
Ausiello: All I'll say is it's not looking good for these two — and hallelujah to that. The Deb-Lundy romance was as ill-conceived as it was clumsily executed, and it dragged down what was otherwise a solid sophomore season. There were times I felt like the show's writers had handed their scenes off to someone at October Road to pen. Heck, the couples on The Hills have more nuanced dialogue than these two.

Question: Give me some Dexter prattle, or I may have to think of a couple of Dexter-ish schemes to use on you. — Megan
Ausiello: Lila's love affair with fire will be rekindled — and this time someone gets burned.

Josh in Fairfield, Ohio: Dexter has been nothing short of amazing and has now become my most anticipated show of the week. Any news to hold me over?
It's a little-known fact, but Dexter Morgan's middle name is actually Nail-Biting Suspense. The final two episodes will have you throwing yourself off the couch every five minutes as you freak out about what's going to happen next. Must...resist...spoilers...Let's just say the only predictable storyline is Deb and Lundy. Everything else? Crazy and crazy-good.

Trudy in Kansas City: Please tell me Dexter and Rita end up together. I can't stand that Lila trollop!
Gaaah! Stop asking me! I'm too weak! Let me just say that as far as Lila goes, you ain't seen nothin' yet! The evil of the "pale titty vampire" knows no bounds, and as you saw last night, Batista is her next prey.

Francisco in New Orleans: Are there any main characters from this season who won't be back on Dexter next year?
I must. I can't. I shouldn't...but...I count three main characters MIA by season's end—by death, dismemberment or relocation.

Jeff in Orange County, California: Okay, I'm calling it now...At the end of the season, everyone is gonna think Lila is the Bay Harbor Butcher.
Don’t make me say it. Okay...No.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I've seen the last two episodes as well .... bloody hell!

King
Member Avatar

Next week should be full throttle, non-stop intense action from start to finish. Although the last few have been that way! Dexter is fucked!

I loved the whole twist with the GPS. That was good writing!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I skipped the spoilers, as i want to be completely spoiler free for this finale..Tonights episode was excellent..I loved Dexter spending time with Rita and the kids and getting his affairs in order with Deb..Also Lila stealing the gps was a great twist..I'm wondering if she might kill Doakes to protect Dexter...

Also loved Deb going off on Lila..This show is giving us an incredible season 2...

Kenny
Member Avatar

WOW!

I was virtually gasping for air during tonight's episode! Every scene was so important and intricately woven together to keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering what was going to happen next.

Lila is a crazy bitch! I love the GPS twist, though. Debra, that man-looking cunt... I wanted Lila to slam her fist across the bitch's face tonight! I hate how Debra is always using her job to do personal damage to people, even if they deserve it. Ever heard of professionalism, bitch?

I love Dexter daydreaming about telling Debra that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher, each time with her reaction differently. Hilarious. I was actually expecting him to confess the truth! Dexter, now that his rules have been tossed out the window (thanks to learning the truth about Harry's death), is really starting to step off the edge and come across as truly unpredictable and dangerous. Creepy! I can see him having a major breakdown soon, realizing what all he's done and coming to grasp with just how much damage he's caused as a result of his actions over the span of his lifetime. I think that the "series" finale of the show should end with Dexter coming to terms with his actions and then recieving the lethal injection.

Doakes escaping from the cage, only to end up right back in there so reminded me of a JER-esque twist, LoL. I enjoyed it, though.

Next week looks absolutely BREATHTAKING.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Can't wait for tomorrow's finale.

Also, I just found out that Michael C. Hall graduated from my local college in 1993! I had no clue. I probably saw him walking down a street once... or eating in the same restaurant. We might've shit in the same toilet or something! LoL

"Hall graduated from Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana, in 1993."

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great finale tonight....i was very happy with how they wrapped up the Bay City Butcher case...Thank god for crazy ass Lila blowing up that cabin..But i was a little disappointed when it seemed like the show ended with Lila getting away...

But of course the writers wouldn't disappoint us like that..and we got to watch the bitch get what was coming to her..My friend and i both cheered when Dexter finally killed Lila..I loved the line about using a spinal tap to make it faster as he had a plane to catch..

Well tonight ended a fantastic season of one of the best written shows on television..I'll be crossing my fingers that Michael C. Hall wins the Golden Globe next month...He truly deserves it..He's fantastic on the show..

King
Member Avatar

I hate Doakes and Lila so it was perfect for me. LOL!

It definitely closed a chapter, and it will be interesting to see what he does now. No more Bay Harbor Butcher, I take it!

Kenny
Member Avatar

What are they going to do when Dexter continues killing next season? Surely, they'll realize that the killer is still out there and that Doakes wasn't the real BHB.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 17 2007, 08:06 AM
What are they going to do when Dexter continues killing next season? Surely, they'll realize that the killer is still out there and that Doakes wasn't the real BHB.

Maybe Dexter will dump his bodies somewhere else..a swamp or something...I'm sure this won't stop Dexter from killing..

Andre

Best. Season. YET.

I saw S1 a few weeks ago and loved it...but S2 blew it away, in my opinion. Perfect ending. And here I was thinking Dexter was actually going to get caught!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Andre
Dec 20 2007, 12:13 PM
Best. Season. YET.

I saw S1 a few weeks ago and loved it...but S2 blew it away, in my opinion. Perfect ending. And here I was thinking Dexter was actually going to get caught!

Agreed..I hope other shows learn from Dexter just how to do a sophomore season..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply