Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Best & Worst of the Year Issue; The Categories
Topic Started: Nov 27 2007, 12:27 PM (469 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

SOD Best Story 2007: The MC Hostage Crisis
Worst Story: The Satin Slayer
Worst Couple: Josh/Cassie from GL.
Best Triangle: Noah/Luke/Maddie ATWT
Worst Triangle: Rick/Phoebe/Constantine from B/B
Most Tortured Couple: Zach/Kendall, AMC
Best Family Drama: Noah in the Middle, Y&R
Best Quad: Jasam and Liz/Lucky
Worst Quad:Rosanna/Paul/Meg/Craig ATWT
Best History ReWrite: Jill learns Cane is her son, Y&R
Worst Rewrie: The Vendetta, Days
Best Recast: Austin Prck, Brad, ATWT
Worst Recast: Christina Chambers, ex-Marty OL.
Best Break up: Victor/Nikki, Y&R
Worst Breakup: John/Natalie OL
Most Shocking Ploot twists:Linsay killed Spencer/Davids A Buchanan, OL
Most Preposterious Plot: The Vincent Saga, Passions
Worst Villian: Tate, OL
Best Heroine:Harley, GL
Most Entertaining Character: Esme, Passions
Most Boring Character: Adrian, Y&R
Biggest Waste of Talent: The Veterans, Days

Best/Worst Honorable mentions:

Best Implausibility: Jerry Jacks.

Most Entertaining Couple: Luke/Tracy

Best in Small Doses: Spinell-isms.

From SOD:
Best Quadrangle: JaSam/Liz/Lucky
Best Couple: None:Scrubs were contenders but b/c of their current state they were robbed of the top honors.

http://www.soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/9360311
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

People can criticize SOD all they want, but this list is spot-on, IMO.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

gotta love the Days ones..and they are true..

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I totally agree. They hit everything head on with this one.

Mason
Member Avatar

Austin Peck as Best Recast? I think not. JP's version of Brad is NOTHING like the character of Brad Snyder from before (and I definitely don't mean that in a good way). Sorry, SOD, but you were totally off on this one.

Love their picks for Worst Couple, Worst Quad, Most Preposterous Plot, Most Entertaining Character, and Biggest Waste of Talent. All of those are exactly who and what they should be.

But where are the awards for Best Show, Most Disappointing, and Most Improved? :huh:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

You used to be in the majority on that one Mason but that is the minority opinion now. Austin Peck has won more and more people over as Brad than I could ever imagine. Even his harshest critics are taking notice of him as Brad now.

FC Designer
Unregistered

Mason
Nov 27 2007, 01:54 PM
Austin Peck as Best Recast? I think not. JP's version of Brad is NOTHING like the character of Brad Snyder from before (and I definitely don't mean that in a good way). Sorry, SOD, but you were totally off on this one.

Love their picks for Worst Couple, Worst Quad, Most Preposterous Plot, Most Entertaining Character, and Biggest Waste of Talent. All of those are exactly who and what they should be.

But where are the awards for Best Show, Most Disappointing, and Most Improved? :huh:

Agreed! If anyone should be awarded Best Recast it's Heather Tom as B&B's Katie! She transformed a former babysitting character no one really cared about into someone fun to watch despite having extremely little screen time!

Only someone as incapable as Brad Bell would decide to give more airtime to Jennifer Gareis while having Heather Tom in the cast! Katie should be ripping through the Forrester family for their treatment of the Logans!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply