Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Tuesday
Topic Started: Nov 27 2007, 02:57 PM (1,316 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I am loving these Hope/Marlena scenes!

Dee Hall was chilling today. I loved her laugh when Hope asked her "How could you do this?"

Yikes!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

She laughs when Hope asks her how she could shoot E.J.?! OMG, I have to see this!

King
Member Avatar

Well, she asks Marlena what she was thinking. And Marlena laughs.

Kristian Alfonso actually looks scared in some of the shots.

I love Marlooney.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

God, I love this real!Marlena coming back. She's all edgy and "no reason to live so why should I care what you do to me" and Deidre's just rocking it. She's snarky, she's adorable, she's kinda freaking me out and she's awesome.

But the emptiness in her makes me sad. It feels like Marlena keeps looking beside her and not finding John there anymore and it's just sad. Like she's broken inside.

Mason
Member Avatar

Deidre is absolutely nailing this, and you can tell she loves it, too.

King
Member Avatar

It feels like Marlena has legitimately, realistically gone off the deep end this time. No Dimera's. No Devil's. Just plain old insane in the membrane!

It's chilling and amazing! She's so cold and dead inside! John's death is playing out exactly how it should.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I agree with you, Marlena was chilling. Dee really plays looney Mar very well. The dialogue has been stellar in these scenes. Notice that scary flash Marlena has in her eyes every so often...Most of the time her eyes look dead, but then you can tell she is thinking something and BOOM..flash...She reminds me of a Great White Shark right now. LOL She needs some JAWS type theme music. :lol:

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

See JER, we didn't need the SSK story to show us that DH knows how to play crazy!

DH is rocking this. She is so convincing a woman on edge it's amazing. Those scenes between both KA and DH were well acted and played out. the script was good too. Loved it all.

Jonatha

Dragonish1
Nov 27 2007, 03:57 PM
I agree with you, Marlena was chilling. Dee really plays looney Mar very well. The dialogue has been stellar in these scenes. Notice that scary flash Marlena has in her eyes every so often...Most of the time her eyes look dead, but then you can tell she is thinking something and BOOM..flash...She reminds me of a Great White Shark right now. LOL She needs some JAWS type theme music. :lol:

Absolutely agree with that analysis. Cold dead eyes. Wow, Dee is rocking these scenes.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Hogan's finally showing he can write for Marlena. Deidre's just amazing.

King
Member Avatar

Darrah!

:wub:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I know I will be jumped on for this - even though it is a compliment. One of Hogan's best stories he ever wrote at ATWT was when he wrote Barbara after she was burned (thinking it was Craig who did it). She had those cold eyes and all.

The story is different this time, but there are so many similarities. If he continues to direct Marlena in the same direction as he did Barbara there will be some exciting months. The only thing he fucked up was that Barbara ended up not doing her vengeance on her own. She had to rely on a man to make it happen. That is the one thing I hate in Hogan's writing the whole time he has been on soaps. Women don't seem to be able to accomplish their tasks on their own.

I just hope he lets Marlena do what he didn't let Barbara do.

Days4Life
Unregistered

In the last few years I'd forgotten what a good actress Deirdre Hall is. Too many exaggerated gasps and moans. However, she's done an amazing job in the last few weeks, and her scenes today were riveting. She's scaring me a little! I loved KA's reactions as well. Great scenes.

EJ's going to wish that bullet killed him if Stefano and Sami keep putting him in the middle of the baby battle. This is going to be a lose/lose situation for him because no matter who he sides with, the other is going to make his life miserable.

Poor Shawn. Hasn't he ever watched Law and Order or CSI? You don't go trampling through a crime scene! I suppose this screw up will be the catalyst that makes Belle accept Philip's indecent proposal...because you know he wants more than conversation. And when did Belle find time to get hair extensions?

Awesome week so far.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Is it bad that I can see chemistry between Belle and Lucas and it doesn't make me uncomfortable?!? :huh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Nov 27 2007, 11:28 PM
Is it bad that I can see chemistry between Belle and Lucas?!? :lol:

I've been seeing it for a while too, Rhiannon!

Viewers of my fan fiction know that I tend to tease them with potential Lucas and Belle coupling every chance I get. I could seriously see them as a couple. Martha and Bryan have the chemistry.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm happy that Dee is getting more frontburner material that's giving her a real storyline. But, I'm worried for her character. As King originally said, she's going off the deep end. This is so not like Marlena!

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I like the way Dee is playing it. She's keeping Marlena from crossing the line of being totally insane, but still keeping her on the edge of insanity. There's a hollow void left in Marlena from losing John, and it's really showing through in her performance as a woman with very little left to lose.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Rhiannon
Nov 27 2007, 11:28 PM
Is it bad that I can see chemistry between Belle and Lucas and it doesn't make me uncomfortable?!? :huh:

If it's wrong I don't want to be right. :lol: I saw it too but I didn't want to say anything for fear it was just my EJami fangurldom playing tricks on me, but honestly I liked the Lucas and Belle scene better than the Phillip and Belle one today. :o I just didn't like Phillip's indecent proposal at all, although Lucas's pity party is wearing thin. If he was whining about something besides Sami and EJ maybe it'd be more interesting, I mean if they want me to believe Belle has money issues then Lucas and Sami need them too dammit.

I'm curious to see where this drama is going with EJ being torn between Sami and Stefano. I liked that while they had EJ stick up for Sami in telling Stefano he'd have to wait to see Gianni for now, he didn't unrealistically bend over backward for her completely and act like Stefano would never have a relationship with the kid. Definitely think EJ's comments about Stefano not doing anything to their son had to be some kind of reverse foreshadowing.

And what can I say about Marlena that hasn't already been said? Loved loved loved all of her scenes from her indignance when DumBo tried to assert it was up to Marl to prove her innocence (um that's not how it works) and she demanded he produce a search warrant or leave her alone, then it was fun seeing her with that garbage bag and her walls break down as she confessed all to Hope. Can't wait to see where this is going.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

OMG! I also didn't want to say that, but I totally saw chemistry between Belle and Lucas!!

At one point, I actually thought they looked really good together. But, both of them are already involved in love triangles, I wouldn't want to see anything take place between Lucas and Belle.

How interesting was it that Lucas immediately pointed out that there was something wrong with Belle and that it had to do with her new marriage.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is just like last year at this time when Days turned around and rocked all December and then fell apart. I just hope this is back for the long haul because the show is fantastic right now. THIS IS DRAMA AND CLASSIC SOAP!!

First off, Dee Hall has been brilliant. Good emotional scenes and storytelling. I am loving Hope and her having scenes. The revisiting of this friendship has been fantastic. Loved Bo interrogating her and Hope being the one to catch her. Marlena's confession and her evil laugh...this is something the possession or SSK could never accomplish. This is realistic, human drama. Marlena has a reason to go mad and it's great. Dee shows emptiness one minute and cold and evil eyes the next. Loved it and I love this EJ shooting story. We still don't know whose bullet hit him. Brilliant!!

Fiery Sami was back in force today against Stefano. Brilliant scenes. This battle over Johnny could be so good. Loved the Stefano/EJ scenes at the end too. We are finally understanding why EJ was and is who he is. The Sami/Lucas scenes at the end were superb. Good writing and finally we are getting direction for this story. I bought them as a supercouple today for the first time since their wedding. Ali and Bryan were brilliant.

Lucas and Belle do have great chemistry but they have enough problems LOL. It may be something interesting to look into down the road though. That way Lucas would've had all of Marlena's daughters and Belle could have two of Kate's 4 sons. She did have that brief infatuation with Rex so...actually 2 and a half of Kate's sons LOL.

Philip/Shawn had good tension and I like the crime scene/let's make a deal for his career twist. Belle's is so conflicted and Philip is tipping the scale and using the situation. He is becoming more and more his father's on. Fantastic.

Finally this show has cohesion, balance, and direction. And the vets!! Thank God!! This is the show to watch right now. Ed Scott is truly having story impact now because the show is growing by leaps and bounds every day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply