Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, Nov. 28
Topic Started: Nov 28 2007, 05:00 AM (1,258 Views)
cubsgirl
Member Avatar

After watching today, I have to say that Will could be the shooter. It would be very interesting and could explain why he really wanted to get out of the country.

So when did Bo and Hope become the judge and jury of high morals. Was anyone else bothered by Bo's attitude after he found out that Belle wrote the letter? Yeah he knows that Belle cheated on Shawn, but he almost seemed to be pissed that Shawn forgave her for the letter. Yeah, she did a bad thing to him, but if he is willing to forgive Belle, then Bo should respect Shawn's decision. Not defending what Belle did, but as a parent Bo should be there to support his son instead of basically accusing him of making a poor decision in marrying Belle. I have to say that I was glad to see Shawn stand up for Belle because it actually showed a bit a maturity instead of flying off the handle. Now when he finds out about the Phelle sex it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Still think the major focus with this Belle story is that she isn't living up to the image or fairy tale. I don't think it is really about her having deep feelings for Philip. She came out that he "takes care" of her which is what draws her to him. Belle is going to lose everything before she figures out that life isn't the fairy tale. It could head towards an interesting story.

Loved the line Nick had about him being such a good guy with a bad girl. Kind of nice that it isn't the bad guy with good girl. Today with Nick/Chelsea you saw what makes them a fun couple to watch. Loved Chelsea saying that she was okay with him not helping, but was still determined to do what she wanted.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

I thought it was very revealing that Belle admitted to Marlena that she liked how Philip "takes care" of her. She was always John's princess, and I think with his death she feels like she's lost her protector, the one person she could rely on to take care of her no matter what she needed. She sees that in Philip--he's a former Marine with a lot of discipline and a take charge attitude and has a lot of power because of the Kiriakis name. She's using him to fill the void left by John's death. The situation is complicated because they were previously married and she feels she never got closure because of the way he left town, plus she feels guilty over his injuries. And although I've been critical of Belle because of her rich girl snobbishness towards Shawn and what he can provide for her, as a woman I do understand that the security of a home and a steady paycheck is very important, especially when a child is involved. (Although Belle should have money, because of John.) It's a complex relationship, and I'm impressed with how well the writers are handling this, especially based on how they have butchered other stories in the past year. Why couldn't they have brought this level of complexity and emotion to the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle instead of inventing the vendetta and constantly rehashing the same nonsensical conversations? What a wasted opportunity.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I know it's not fair, but I can't help it...

I ***HATE*** nu-Cordy. Damn this show for centering a big storyline on a non-contract recurring character played by an actor who they had no control over keeping on the show because as little investment I had built up in the original Cordy (which I admit mostly stemmed from me liking the actress on her Real World season moreso than what they showed me of her in the sorority stuff) I have NO FUCKING INTEREST WHATSOEVER in the Ford rape story after the Cordy recast and I just cringe every time I see her. Ugh. And thank you Nick for laying down the law on Chelsea and her bullshit breaking and entering crap and her expecting him to sacrifice his career and risk going to jail for her fool's errand. Errrr but I spoke too soon because chelsea selfishly manipulated him in the end. Damn this show for always making me root for the bad guys by having the good guys always illegally obtain evidence without search warrants or otherwise stupidly pursue their investigations.

Also, I would share Mason's disappointment if Will was the shooter. Again, he's not on the show any more and I'm perfectly OK with that and want nothing that could potentially bring him back to the show. It's a much much better story if Marlena is the shooter or Lucas is the shooter.

That said...

loved the Belle-Marlena scenes and the Bo-Shawn scenes. It's amazing how much more interesting I find Shelle drama when it involves their parents that I love even if I am not always that crazy about Belle or Shawn. Hopefully this is all the result of a lesson learned from the Shelligan's Island debacle.

I know Belle deserves some harsh comeuppance and she's being a brat but watching these scenes of her with Marlena I find that I love her, strangely the same way I loved Sami all the times she fucked up and fucked people over. Kudos for Martha for making me care about Belle and her torment over Phillip and Shawn.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The Shawn and Bo interactions are wonderfully done. I always loved Bo and Hope working side by side on police work, and to see Shawn slot right into that, is great now.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Nov 29 2007, 12:10 AM
The Shawn and Bo interactions are wonderfully done. I always loved Bo and Hope working side by side on police work, and to see Shawn slot right into that, is great now.

We have been getting a ton of scenes lately between Shawn and Bo and I have been enjoying all of them.

I also agree with Aremid about Martha making me care about what Belle is going through. I know Belle is being selfish and deserves to lose everything for the way she is acting...yet I still find myself feeling horrible for her. Belle is torn by love and security. Her father's death has affected her in more ways than one and I really think that she is using Philip right now to fill that void her father's death has left.

King
Member Avatar

I'm with you on the new Cordy, Mary.

God, does she blow.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Nov 29 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm with you on the new Cordy, Mary.

God, does she blow.

Agreed.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I finally got to finish this show and I have to say...NuCordy sux. <_<

Belle reminded me of OLD sami. Lies lies lies....excuses excuses excuses...However, Marlena would never have hugged Sami after a chat like that. I can not wait to see Marlena talk to Sami...I love seeing how Mar plays favorites.

Shawn is the Barney Fife of the Salem PD. Almost thirty yet Bo coddles and talks to him like he is 17...No wonder he is a goober.

Dee and MM looked great in this show. The lighting and the music really set the mood too.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm hoping Nu-cordy will be gone soon...They shouldn't be needing her much longer...

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Nov 29 2007, 02:58 PM
However, Marlena would never have hugged Sami after a chat like that. I can not wait to see Marlena talk to Sami...I love seeing how Mar plays favorites.

Um, YES SHE WOULD. She's done it and I've hated it (Sami was a nasty vicious bitch to her mother, long after Marlena had paid the consequenses for her affair with John), but it happened.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply