Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, Nov. 29
Topic Started: Nov 29 2007, 02:40 AM (1,223 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thursday, Nov. 29
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArV70Dkzfmk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArV70Dkzfmk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> [/dohtml]
Clip o' the day: Chloe fantasizes about Phillip.
(FYI - if you don't like slow motion running on the beach, this is not the clip for you!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cat
Member Avatar

I had forgotten how curvacious Nadja is! Her slo-mo shot was like something outta Baywatch. And JKJ looked like a puppy running across the beach with his mouth open. LOL, a more innocent time.

Unfortunately, the whole Teen 'Plosion really wasn't my thing on Days. I could just about deal with the beginnings of Salem High, but that whole weird beach SL -- clearly written by somebody under the influence of hallucegens -- lost me completely.

Having said that, I am looking forward to Chloe snarking it up with Belle, Philip and Shawn. Doh! Can't believe I just wrote that sentence!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Cat
Nov 29 2007, 09:03 AM
Having said that, I am looking forward to Chloe snarking it up with Belle, Philip and Shawn. Doh! Can't believe I just wrote that sentence!

That would be fine, IMO, just as long as the writers don't overdo it. If the storyline suddenly becomes Chloe being the new fantasy for both men, the drama will just prolong further. They all need to move onto a new storyline!

Cat
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Nov 29 2007, 08:26 AM
Cat

That would be fine, IMO, just as long as the writers don't overdo it. If the storyline suddenly becomes Chloe being the new fantasy for both men, the drama will just prolong further. They all need to move onto a new storyline!

Well, I have been liking the writing for Philip lately as a Kiriakis (to the point where I am turning into a bit of a Philip fangurl -- horrors!). The only downside is No John Aniston. :(

My hope is that the writing for Belle, Shawn, Chloe and Philip will transcend the teen/Young Adults writing which has dominated their SLs since 2000 and was the equivalent of treading water for 6+ years.

That being said, I have been really impressed with some adult, emotional development in the characters of Belle, Shawn and Philip in recent weeks. I'm not saying they are mature because clearly they are still dumb as boxes of rocks, individually. I'm just saying the plot and the character development is unfolding in a way I never saw during the Morina/Higley/JER years, like they are finally realizing that they cannot keep repeating the same mistakes all over again. Hope it lasts!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Nov 29 2007, 08:26 AM
Cat

I do hope it doesn't become both guys fighting for Chloe. Because after her whole "My horrible face" story, I don't think she is that much of a better pick for either guy.

I actually hope that Chloe comes around and takes Philip's attention away from Belle. Let him realize that trying to hold onto Belle was him trying to hold onto the past. Then let Belle's story be more about her growing up and dealing with the fact she isn't perfect. Let her see there is more to life than someone taking care of you. Let the two couples be intertwined but not into a love square.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

If Chloe does successfully capture either Shawn's or Phillip's attention, its going to cause a lot of jealousy for Belle. She will no longer have both men longing for her, and I think its gonna cause her to want the one she can't have now.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I thought today was supposed to be RJ's last day or was it the wedding? is this really how a vet like Lexie is going to leave the show..I'm so disappointed....

sungrey

Sad to say, I think Lexie just fades into the woodwork. Unless she comes back for an appearance or two from time to time, that's a really good way to write out a character. :soapbox:

Being a Shelle fan, I do hope Chloe steals Phillip away. :lol:

All kidding aside, this is a good story. They are adding some layers to it, although what Phillip has done to Belle is akin to stalking (but Belle's giving in...)

jcar03
Member Avatar

Lexie's last day was last week. No explanation was given on her leaving and I don't even think she had any lines.

So far today has a lot of flashbacks to recent events which I hate when used all the time.

Plus side a Sami/EJ free day

Kenny
Member Avatar

She hasn't been back for five minutes, and I'm already waiting for Chloe to die. It always boggles my mind how she can look like such an exotic beauty, yet she's so DULL. The character is dull, her voice is like the pale hum of a ceiling fan and she puts me to sleep, Goddamn it!

DIE, CHLOE, DIE! :)

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hate Renee didn't get a goodbye. Poor Lexie is getting Mickey'd.

King
Member Avatar

I really can't believe how low Philip is stooping to get a night alone with Belle. What a scumbag! His poor mother. Yes, I said it! LOL! It's a nice little intricate detail though. I will give Hoagie that. Very Nice. But Still, ugh!

King
Member Avatar

Cat
Nov 29 2007, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, the whole Teen 'Plosion really wasn't my thing on Days.

I don't think it was anyone's. LOL!

King
Member Avatar

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BELLE STORYLINE!

As much as I love Chloe, I'm actually a little nervous to see how she'll alter it. I hope Hoagie doesn't screw it up!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It was great to see Chloe again. Welcome back to DAYS, Nadia! :D

And apparently, Renee Jones last airdate was, in fact, last Friday like it was first reported. And that's a damn shame. :angry:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I watched this episode yesterday, and was waiting to comment. Phillip got through to Belle brilliantly. Telling her she should leave because he doesn't want to hurt her after all that was remarkably genius! It made him look good, and made her think he is a wonderful man.

I refuse to believe that he will let Kate take the fall just for that though. There has to be something iffy about that gun, or some loophole to get Kate off the hook.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good show today.

Nice seeing Chloe. She looks exactly the same and I loved her and Belle's reunion. Awesome Phelle scenes and I enjoyed the whole Shawn gun thing.

Bo and Hope were adorable. I love seeing so much more of them.

Kate/Philip was great. I am so happy we are getting scenes with these two now. JKJ and LK are great together and Philip is turning into Victor II now. Loved the end with Kate and Roman. You can tell there is still something there and LK was great in that scene, especially with that last line. I always like when Roman calls her "Katie."

Chelsea and Nick are rocking right now. This is the couple I fell in love with. They were great today and I love the way Nick stood up for her with Ford.

Tomorrow looks good too. What a great week.

I keep wondering if Renee is on recurring. I mean, we have seen shitty exits but this one would take the cake. She didn't even have a line. Sure, it was nice how Doug mentioned her reunion with Abe but still. It was just a weird exit and the mags certainly didn't deal much with it either, which makes me wonder if she is recurring now. I hope so. That would soften the blow a little bit for me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 29 2007, 04:34 PM
I keep wondering if Renee is on recurring. I mean, we have seen shitty exits but this one would take the cake. She didn't even have a line. Sure, it was nice how Doug mentioned her reunion with Abe but still. It was just a weird exit and the mags certainly didn't deal much with it either, which makes me wonder if she is recurring now. I hope so. That would soften the blow a little bit for me.

I think if that was the case, instad of her appearing on "Who's Going" in the casting news in SOD, her name would have been under "Status Change." That wasn't the case.

She's gone, and after over 15 years of loyalty to this show, her character gets a shitty exit. Nice slap in the face, DAYS!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I'll wait and see. It's just weird that SOW mentioned it and there was no followup article or anything in detail. SOD had a little blurb too right before her last airdate. That was what I found weird. I mean, this was on the level of what happened to Matt Ashford and that received alot of focus with the mags but Renee's was featured in a blurb and that's it.

I mean, Days has given shitty exits but never one this bad to someone like Renee who they released on their own. She didn't quit. They fired her so they intended to do this and that is why I can't see them letting her fade away unless they will mention her like Mickey and bring her back once in awhile. It's just odd to me.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Today was pretty good.

Phil was hot....The chem with MM and JKJ is a amazing. I betcha anything Belle is going to become obsessed with him now. She has an itch and she needs him to scratch, cuz Shawn....well...He just can not do the job.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply