Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, Nov. 30
Topic Started: Nov 30 2007, 02:34 PM (1,244 Views)
cubsgirl
Member Avatar

King
Dec 1 2007, 02:39 PM
But her dialogue with Philip didn't really explain why and how she would have changed so much. A character can't just change without explanation. I mean she can, but it's bad writing.

I think we are suppose to assume the change is because she didn't become the opera diva she thought she would. But it all still felt odd to me. Wasn't she singing in Europe before the accident that scared her face? So I was under the impression she was already a bit of the opera diva when she married Brady.

I felt like she was up to something. She wanted to see Philip, but I feel like it is more than just rekindling their relationship. And if it is just to rekindle their romance, it comes off to me that the only reason she does is that his money could provide the same comfort Brady's money could. There are some missing pieces.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

sungrey
Dec 1 2007, 02:44 PM
Wouldn't have had to do with a train derailment, would it? The NBC station in Grand Rapids cut about a couple minutes out of the show.

I would have loved it if Chloe had mentioned something about Brady going to Los Angeles and having an affair with a fashion model or something like that... :)

Yeah. I live in Northern Illinois with the Chicago TV stations. So since it happened in Chicago, they stayed on the story longer. I was actually surprised that any of the show was on. Usually for something like that they would cut the entire show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 1 2007, 02:39 PM
But her dialogue with Philip didn't really explain why and how she would have changed so much. A character can't just change without explanation. I mean she can, but it's bad writing.

It's interesting, and she'll spice things up, but it feels like they brought in a whole new character to stir the pot.

But she looks great. God, Nadia is GORGE!

I think that is part of the mystery and that it will stem from why she got a divorce and why her career fell apart.

Nadia mentioned it was going to be mysterious so giving it all away at first would result in no story :lol: . I think that phone call she made after leaving him was clue that something more is going on for sure.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought something was off with Nadia's acting...:unsure:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just saw the episode.

I'm DISGUSTED.

Hopefully when the show ends, Bo and Roman will lose their jobs.

THEY'RE CORRUPT, people!

Ford -- no matter how much we hate him for what he did -- was violated in the WORST way by an officer of the law. It was sick. It was wrong. BO was wrong. Roman, who was actually fair with Kate today (but has shown MANY examples of what NOT to do as a police officer) also is corrupt.

Hogan, Hogan, Hogan. This is ALL WRONG.

They all BETTER pay for their corruption.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Dec 2 2007, 07:42 AM
Just saw the episode.

I'm DISGUSTED.

THEY'RE CORRUPT, people!

Ford -- no matter how much we hate him for what he did -- was violated in the WORST way by an officer of the law. It was sick. It was wrong. BO was wrong. Roman, who was actually fair with Kate today (but has shown MANY examples of what NOT to do as a police officer) also is corrupt.

I completely agree. I hate those corrupted cops. I can't stand Bo anymore, he has used his badge to many times.

SpiritualJunkie

The only thing saving Chloe's return so far is the fact that the character's kinda witty now but sadly, Nadia's still one of the worst actresses on Days. Her voice just emotes dead emotion.

I am loving the Kate/Philip dynamic...nice to see those two in more scenes together. They have a compelling mother/son relationship

King
Member Avatar

I loved Bo having balls and giving it to Ford. I'm just sick of Decker and that dumb story, but I liked those scenes.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sindacco
Dec 2 2007, 05:20 AM
JERSoapsFan
Dec 2 2007, 07:42 AM
Just saw the episode.

I'm DISGUSTED.

THEY'RE CORRUPT, people!

I completely agree. I hate those corrupted cops. I can't stand Bo anymore, he has used his badge to many times.

I feel the same way as you guys.

I know Ford is a rapist and horrible guy, but that doesn't make Bo punching him OK with me.

I detest police brutality and abuse of power by those in authority and if Ford really is so rich and powerful he can stop a university hearing I don't see how he couldn't file a very expensive lawsuit for the Salem PD and in that case I would root for him to win.

Yeah, I know this is just a soap, but I have enough exposure to the police and the courts in my real life that I can't help but relate this to the real world police brutality and corruptness that exists (just look at Drew Peterson, a cop in the Chicago suburbs with a history of his wife calling the cops on him for abuse, who would have got away with murdering his wife had he not murdered another one).

Stupid crap like that takes me out of the story and just pisses me off because I'm forced to root for the "bad" guy over the established character.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

While I agree with many of you on the police brutality aspect, it's easy to be outraged over it when it's not your daughters being affected by it.

Professional or not, when it's about your family being threatened, especially your children, all bets are off. It doesn't excuse it but at least I can understand it. Let's also remember Steve isn't a cop and Ford isn't going to start a lawsuit when he knows they have stuff on him.

I also think the fact that Ford's dad is rich and using his power to influence all this is what is a driving force behind this because, otherwise, Ford would be in jail and this would be being taking care of. Two wrongs don't make a right so the power angle does not excuse Bo going in there and doing that but it is in character and I understand it.

I don't have children but, if I did, I probably would lose it too and try to send a message especially if we are talking about a rapist or worse. I don't know if it would be as extreme as that but if I felt my hands were tied, like Bo due to Ford's dad and not being able to use the evidence, I would feel like I had to do something, sort of as a preemptive strike.

I do agree it's wrong but I can understand it and I think that it's easier to be against it if your not personally involved or in those shoes.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I agree with you, IMissAremid. Those scenes with Bo beating up on Ford were not necessary and an abuse of power--even though he said he was there as a father instead of a police officer. It was his badge that got him inside the door and it's his badge that he thinks will save him from assault charges. I come from a family that includes several police officers, and it's insulting to the fine job that they and many law enforcement officers do every day. There are some bad guys wearing badges (I live within minutes of the town where the Drew Peterson case is going on), but I don't want to see them shown as heroes on my soap.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The whole Salem PD shows cops in a very negative light. That is just one instance. There have been countless times that Bo, Roman and Abe have abused their power. One humourous but valid instance is when they handcuffed EJ at the Brady pub, just as Sami went into labor.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Jinxed Soul
Dec 2 2007, 03:08 PM
The whole Salem PD shows cops in a very negative light. That is just one instance. There have been countless times that Bo, Roman and Abe have abused their power. One humourous but valid instance is when they handcuffed EJ at the Brady pub, just as Sami went into labor.

Exactly. Or the time Roman just threw away the evidence when he had no way of knowing that Nick didn't really kill Willow rather than it being an accident and Chelsea didn't really try to burn down Bo and Hope's house. Or the time Bo let his father off scottfree when Grandpa Shawn's cane stopped emergency personnel from coming to Andre's aid when his life support machine got shut off and he had gone to the hospital room to try to kill him.

This crap makes it hard for me to root for the Bradys and Bo and Roman and I *WANT* to like them so it makes me doubly pissed.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its nice that they support their family and friends, and put that before their jobs though. But, they should face consequences for doing such acts. My biggest hatred towards this stuff is that it makes many people think that cops can break most laws that apply to other citizens. And, although I can't say with complete certainity, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Alrighty, I am late in watching the show. We had family in town this weekend....So just a few quick words....Chloe rocks! I love how she made Belle squirm. I prefer Phelle over Shelle, but I still see some JKJ/Nadia magic...This might be a tough decision for me.lol I think in the end I am just going to sit back and watch the train wreck that is fast approaching, I love drama. Kudos to whoever managed to suck me back into this hot mess. I was soooo over this years ago, but now I am on the edge of my seat. :hail: Hail ED Scott!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply